The Unreliable Rumours Thread

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Today's transfer twaddle from the BBC rumours page includes this ...

Manchester United are considering making a January move for former Liverpool midfielder Emre Can. The 25-year-old Germany international joined Juventus in 2018. (Sky Sports)
(I don't think this'll happen. He's not *that* much of a prick, is he?)

...and this,

Liverpool and Chelsea are interested in 22-year-old Bournemouth and England midfielder Lewis Cook. (Mail)
(Could take Lallana's place on the bench, I suppose.)

nikz200

Today's transfer twaddle from the BBC rumours page includes this ...

Manchester United are considering making a January move for former Liverpool midfielder Emre Can. The 25-year-old Germany international joined Juventus in 2018. (Sky Sports)
(I don't think this'll happen. He's not *that* much of a prick, is he?)

...and this,

Liverpool and Chelsea are interested in 22-year-old Bournemouth and England midfielder Lewis Cook. (Mail)
(Could take Lallana's place on the bench, I suppose.)
Emre Can could go to united, mainly because he has a shot of starting there.

Wouldn't mind Lewis Cook at all if I'm being honest. Decent player gives us flexibility especially if we need to rest fabinho.

Sweeting

Emre Can could go to united, mainly because he has a shot of starting there.

Wouldn't mind Lewis Cook at all if I'm being honest. Decent player gives us flexibility especially if we need to rest fabinho.
A lot of his best work has come playing for England U21s which makes me suspicious as he may as well be playing Sunday League the quality is so bad.

I'll need to see a lot more of him before I'd be tempted to spend the likely inflated fee to get him. Bournemouth fans are divided on him because he is very hot and cold - able to dictate a game one week and next week can't complete a pass to save his life. Just looked at a Bournemouth forum and most of them have him as a bench player "when everyone is fit".

I feel like we are in a position to get better players than him, or let him continue to improve at Bournemouth and take him later in his development.

As a side note I notice that Bournemouth fans are not at all happy with Ryan Fraser. Out of form, not signing a new contract and put a lot of weight on over the summer (something Eddie Howe has consistently called him out on, poor lifestyle habits off the pitch). Don't think that top 6 move is coming.

Commando

Ad-free Member
A lot of his best work has come playing for England U21s which makes me suspicious as he may as well be playing Sunday League the quality is so bad.

I'll need to see a lot more of him before I'd be tempted to spend the likely inflated fee to get him. Bournemouth fans are divided on him because he is very hot and cold - able to dictate a game one week and next week can't complete a pass to save his life. Just looked at a Bournemouth forum and most of them have him as a bench player "when everyone is fit".

I feel like we are in a position to get better players than him, or let him continue to improve at Bournemouth and take him later in his development.

As a side note I notice that Bournemouth fans are not at all happy with Ryan Fraser. Out of form, not signing a new contract and put a lot of weight on over the summer (something Eddie Howe has consistently called him out on, poor lifestyle habits off the pitch). Don't think that top 6 move is coming.
We have a team of analytical experts nowadays to tell Jurgen and his staff all that they need to know about our future targets. They'll let him/them know if he's good enough for us.

Dave-D

Think he expected to be sold in the summer and when it didn’t happen it’s messed with his head.
Needs to get back to last seasons form and then he’ll have teams queuing up for him and he’ll get a very nice signing on fee being a free transfer.

nikz200

Fraser was statically one of bournemouths key providers , it could be possible he needs a new challenge with better players to be better.I would wait on Fraser and see how he does in terms off finding his form.

as for Lewis Cook, wasn't he injured for nearly a year? like he only returned a month ago, so maybe it will take some time, but he fits that midfield role, and we are talking about a replacement once we sell Lallana, wouldn't mind having him, seeing as soon the Declan Rice sweepstakes are coming, it could be a choice between rice and Cook, and if Cook is cheaper, why not?

nikz200

don't understand what you mean
With the mbappe links we were piecing together random posts and sources and trying to make it into a real link. Now there is some #Sancho2020 campaign people are talking about and we are linked with him, is it us trying to make it a reality or do we really want Sancho?

big noyd

With the mbappe links we were piecing together random posts and sources and trying to make it into a real link. Now there is some #Sancho2020 campaign people are talking about and we are linked with him, is it us trying to make it a reality or do we really want Sancho?
i'm choosing to believe that nike and tankie lebron are going to bring us mbappe

vjcpatriot

Probably any English club 'wants' Sancho, the question is will they pony up the premium pricetag for Sancho.

Manchester City doesn't need him but they could splash the cash just cos they can. Manchester United is desperate and could throw the kitchen sink in the hopes that Sancho can save them.

I haven't heard Klopp speak about Sancho so I have no idea his level of interest.

If we pay the piper for one player, I believe it would be Mbappe, kid is going to be world class, no doubts.

Right now I'd settle for an upgrade at midfield. Keita still not showing he can boss the midfield for us. Not sure what has gone wrong as he was so highly rated just one and a half seasons ago.

Dave-D

Probably any English club 'wants' Sancho, the question is will they pony up the premium pricetag for Sancho.

Manchester City doesn't need him but they could splash the cash just cos they can. Manchester United is desperate and could throw the kitchen sink in the hopes that Sancho can save them.

I haven't heard Klopp speak about Sancho so I have no idea his level of interest.

If we pay the piper for one player, I believe it would be Mbappe, kid is going to be world class, no doubts.

Right now I'd settle for an upgrade at midfield. Keita still not showing he can boss the midfield for us. Not sure what has gone wrong as he was so highly rated just one and a half seasons ago.
If a was Sancho I’d just look at Foden and think I ain’t going back.
If he goes to Utd it’s for the money, they’ve nothing going for them.
He be guaranteed a lot of minutes at Liverpool IF Klopp wants him.

Keita need to keep fit and take the chance when it comes, I wouldn’t write him off yet.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

I thought Klopp had said earlier in the year that Sancho was a player they really wanted before moving to city, was keen when he was moving to Dortmund (and would be again should he leave Dortmund)?

Keita has had injuries which have impacted his playing time, and had to adjust to playing slightly different positions in some games. When he has had a run in the team he has looked quite good.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I thought Klopp had said earlier in the year that Sancho was a player they really wanted before moving to city, was keen when he was moving to Dortmund (and would be again should he leave Dortmund)?

Keita has had injuries which have impacted his playing time, and had to adjust to playing slightly different positions in some games. When he has had a run in the team he has looked quite good.

Aye, Klopp has mentioned a few times he wanted Sancho,that he tried buying him off Man City before he went to Dortmund but was confused about the reason's why top teams in the Prem don't sell players to eachother,which i found quite strange when he brought that up.

Dave-D

Aye, Klopp has mentioned a few times he wanted Sancho,that he tried buying him off Man City before he went to Dortmund but was confused about the reason's why top teams in the Prem don't sell players to eachother,which i found quite strange when he brought that up.
Nearly every other league at least in Europe try to keep the best homegrown players in the league apart from EPL.
I think the big teams are to scared incase a player comes back to bite them on the arse and the smaller teams now have shed loads of money so won’t sell cheaply

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Nearly every other league at least in Europe try to keep the best homegrown players in the league apart from EPL.
I think the big teams are to scared incase a player comes back to bite them on the arse and the smaller teams now have shed loads of money so won’t sell cheaply
Maybe i worded it wrong lol i understand why they don't sell their top players to eachother mate,i found it strange that Klopp was slightly confused about these types of transfers not happening,especially when he's had Lewandowski and Gotze taken off him by Bayern.

Red over the water

Sancho and Havertz next summer please. No rumours, just my active imagination. I think both are 19 years old and both will go on to be world class. We will get some more pace and trickery out wide, and we will add creativity and goals through the middle.

iftikhar

Sancho and Havertz next summer please. No rumours, just my active imagination. I think both are 19 years old and both will go on to be world class. We will get some more pace and trickery out wide, and we will add creativity and goals through the middle.
How about we get them in January. Some 'fresh' legs would do nicely for the second half of the season.

Red over the water

This is where I think Naby Keita comes in. I think he was bought to be that player - to be the workhorse midfielder that Klopp needs, but also have that bit of flair that Hendo, Gini and Milner don’t have. Ox undoubtedly has the intelligence to build that into his game as well, but has the same issue as Naby. How do you give him the five games he needs to work his way to sharpness, when we probably need 100 points to win the league?
Yep, this is what I’m saying. I see Keita in there, especilly if he can show he is the player we hope he is.

I understand what Klopp wants from his midfield, but we haven’t quite got there yet. It’s good - but there’s more to come. He spent a lot of money on Fabinho and Keita but only one of them is a fixture in the side thus far. And Ox has been disrupted by a bad injury too.

Im not comparing our midfield with Man City’s as its a false argument. Klopp wants something different. With that said, it’s clear to me that we aren’t there yet, and I’m hoping Keita in particular will be able to emerge this season and become indispensable. In the meantime, what we have is good, and I’m not knocking it, but it isn’t world class, as a midfield department.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
I could see Mane wanting out, moving to Real and being replaced by Sancho. Just a hunch.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
The players who could leave in order of probability

1. Clyne (on a free, will be replaced by Hoever)
2. Lallana (on a free)
3. Lovren (not sure if we would have to buy to replace him)
4. Milner (outside chances of a departure IMO)

Sweeting

The players who could leave in order of probability

1. Clyne (on a free, will be replaced by Hoever)
2. Lallana (on a free)
3. Lovren (not sure if we would have to buy to replace him)
4. Milner (outside chances of a departure IMO)
I would like to think Jones could replace Lallana, different kind of player but in terms of taking his position in the squad.

He's been by far the best player for the U23s this season.