The Unreliable Rumours Thread

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I haven't heard Klopp speak about Sancho so I have no idea his level of interest.

Right now I'd settle for an upgrade at midfield. Keita still not showing he can boss the midfield for us. Not sure what has gone wrong as he was so highly rated just one and a half seasons ago.
I thought Klopp had said earlier in the year that Sancho was a player they really wanted before moving to city, was keen when he was moving to Dortmund (and would be again should he leave Dortmund)?

Keita has had injuries which have impacted his playing time, and had to adjust to playing slightly different positions in some games. When he has had a run in the team he has looked quite good.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I thought Klopp had said earlier in the year that Sancho was a player they really wanted before moving to city, was keen when he was moving to Dortmund (and would be again should he leave Dortmund)?

Keita has had injuries which have impacted his playing time, and had to adjust to playing slightly different positions in some games. When he has had a run in the team he has looked quite good.

Aye, Klopp has mentioned a few times he wanted Sancho,that he tried buying him off Man City before he went to Dortmund but was confused about the reason's why top teams in the Prem don't sell players to eachother,which i found quite strange when he brought that up.

Dave-D

Aye, Klopp has mentioned a few times he wanted Sancho,that he tried buying him off Man City before he went to Dortmund but was confused about the reason's why top teams in the Prem don't sell players to eachother,which i found quite strange when he brought that up.
Nearly every other league at least in Europe try to keep the best homegrown players in the league apart from EPL.
I think the big teams are to scared incase a player comes back to bite them on the arse and the smaller teams now have shed loads of money so won’t sell cheaply

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Nearly every other league at least in Europe try to keep the best homegrown players in the league apart from EPL.
I think the big teams are to scared incase a player comes back to bite them on the arse and the smaller teams now have shed loads of money so won’t sell cheaply
Maybe i worded it wrong lol i understand why they don't sell their top players to eachother mate,i found it strange that Klopp was slightly confused about these types of transfers not happening,especially when he's had Lewandowski and Gotze taken off him by Bayern.

Red over the water

Sancho and Havertz next summer please. No rumours, just my active imagination. I think both are 19 years old and both will go on to be world class. We will get some more pace and trickery out wide, and we will add creativity and goals through the middle.

iftikhar

Sancho and Havertz next summer please. No rumours, just my active imagination. I think both are 19 years old and both will go on to be world class. We will get some more pace and trickery out wide, and we will add creativity and goals through the middle.
How about we get them in January. Some 'fresh' legs would do nicely for the second half of the season.

Red over the water

This is where I think Naby Keita comes in. I think he was bought to be that player - to be the workhorse midfielder that Klopp needs, but also have that bit of flair that Hendo, Gini and Milner don’t have. Ox undoubtedly has the intelligence to build that into his game as well, but has the same issue as Naby. How do you give him the five games he needs to work his way to sharpness, when we probably need 100 points to win the league?
Yep, this is what I’m saying. I see Keita in there, especilly if he can show he is the player we hope he is.

I understand what Klopp wants from his midfield, but we haven’t quite got there yet. It’s good - but there’s more to come. He spent a lot of money on Fabinho and Keita but only one of them is a fixture in the side thus far. And Ox has been disrupted by a bad injury too.

Im not comparing our midfield with Man City’s as its a false argument. Klopp wants something different. With that said, it’s clear to me that we aren’t there yet, and I’m hoping Keita in particular will be able to emerge this season and become indispensable. In the meantime, what we have is good, and I’m not knocking it, but it isn’t world class, as a midfield department.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
I could see Mane wanting out, moving to Real and being replaced by Sancho. Just a hunch.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
The players who could leave in order of probability

1. Clyne (on a free, will be replaced by Hoever)
2. Lallana (on a free)
3. Lovren (not sure if we would have to buy to replace him)
4. Milner (outside chances of a departure IMO)

Sweeting

The players who could leave in order of probability

1. Clyne (on a free, will be replaced by Hoever)
2. Lallana (on a free)
3. Lovren (not sure if we would have to buy to replace him)
4. Milner (outside chances of a departure IMO)
I would like to think Jones could replace Lallana, different kind of player but in terms of taking his position in the squad.

He's been by far the best player for the U23s this season.

Sweeting

A few have said that...its feels like something that could happen.

now but not over the next decade
If all goes to plan with his development then yes he should be an excellent player over the next 10 years.

He'll be doing really well indeed if he is ever as good as Mane is currently.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I see Mbappe at Real in the coming years, bound to happen I feel. As for Sancho, don't think we'll target him (yet), but if something happens to one of our main guns, he could well be one of the options to react.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I can't look past Sancho if either Salah or Mane leaves. As with Mbappe, strong previous interest is there, he fits the bill perfectly as a hard-working, down-to-earth character with bundles of pace, ability and end product but, like Zoran says, I expect Mbappe to become a Real Madrid player at some point in the future, quite possibly raising them a world record fee (with or without Zidane at the helm). Knowing Klopp, though, he'll just give Salah's spot to Elliott or Mane's to Jones and nurture them to greatness. ;)

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I can't look past Sancho if either Salah or Mane leaves. As with Mbappe, strong previous interest is there, he fits the bill perfectly as a hard-working, down-to-earth character with bundles of pace, ability and end product but, like Zoran says, I expect Mbappe to become a Real Madrid player at some point in the future, quite possibly raising them a world record fee (with or without Zidane at the helm). Knowing Klopp, though, he'll just give Salah's spot to Elliott or Mane's to Jones and nurture them to greatness. ;)
That's exactly what will happen. There's no way that either fsg or Klopp will be happy to burn 200m + on one player, even though he's a genius in his own right. It simply won't happen. I agree that he is Madrid bound: the richest club in the world, with the most trophies in the world and the highest marketing profile in the world. That's how these things work out, always.

As for Sancho, I've no opinion on that lad as I haven't seen him play that much. He seems a talent for sure, but would come expensive for someone who needs to be nurtured still. I don't expect it to happen either. He'll probably go back to City at some point (biggest £££ to be made for him there), but will stay at Dortmund until they come calling.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Sancho, Mbappe won’t happen unless we sell Salah or Mané which I can’t see until summer 2021 - too far away.

Havertz, Jones, Grujic, Lallana, Milner - trying to figure out how that could work. Help please.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
I could see Salah leaving and being replaced by Mbappe.
There's only two clubs that I can think of that would possibly interest Mo: Barca & Real, and he would be merely a squad player there, as ridiculous as that sounds. He has only to look at what happend to Coutinho and recall his own experience at Chelski to realise that. He's already playing in the strongest league in the world, and for the champions of Europe. If (when?) we win the Prem this season, well, he would have won everything worth winning......so who knows what the future will bring?

GaryBarlow99

There's only two clubs that I can think of that would possibly interest Mo: Barca & Real, and he would be merely a squad player there, as ridiculous as that sounds. He has only to look at what happend to Coutinho and recall his own experience at Chelski to realise that. He's already playing in the strongest league in the world, and for the champions of Europe. If (when?) we win the Prem this season, well, he would have won everything worth winning......so who knows what the future will bring?
There's no way he is a squad player at Real. Who wouldn't he replace in their front three? Also, even if the team is not performing it doesn't matter to foreign players as the pinnacle for them is Barca or Real. It's shit but its generally true.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I could see him moving to an Egyptian team (for free) to help them financially. He’s a huge devotion to his home country, I think altruism is more likely than greed although going to Real and sending £££££ to his beloved country could be the better move.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
It’s the midfield that needs some more creativity, so of all the rumours, Havertz is the one I like.