• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Just a rumour I think, but I read that Barca owe us 83 Million Pounds for Coutinho, as well as owing a bunch of other clubs like Ajax (for De Jong). Pretty crazy if true. I'm surprised the club would be ok with this, especially when we're re-investing the Coutinho money on players like VVD and Alisson.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Saw us linked with Thomas Muller yesterday for a Jan move. He isn't getting game time due to Coutinho playing at No.10.

I'd have him, ideal replacement for the likes of Lallana and Shaq. Lots of experience, and still has a couple of years.

Doubt it would happen...prob media BS.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Saw us linked with Thomas Muller yesterday for a Jan move. He isn't getting game time due to Coutinho playing at No.10.

I'd have him, ideal replacement for the likes of Lallana and Shaq. Lots of experience, and still has a couple of years.

I dont see how he fits. Doesnt he play the sort of role that Dele Alli plays at Spurs? Not sure our team is set up to use a player like that.

Dave-D

He ain’t happy with playing time at Bayern and Bayern are trying to tie him down to a new contract, so I expect Liverpool’s name is being used as a bargaining tool by Muller and his agent to try and get more game time and money.

Drubas

I see him as one of the few top players that could rotate/replace Firmino. He likes to drift into spaces - out wide, half space or dropping in between lines.

nikz200

So Jadon Sancho...... is this another Mbappe thing or is it a real thing? Ive seen some people say that he might replace salah should he go. Thing is, he is young and he is good at the bundesliga, but the prem...... should he even be a replacement or should we aim to rotate him with salah or mane?

Sweeting

Just a rumour I think, but I read that Barca owe us 83 Million Pounds for Coutinho, as well as owing a bunch of other clubs like Ajax (for De Jong). Pretty crazy if true. I'm surprised the club would be ok with this, especially when we're re-investing the Coutinho money on players like VVD and Alisson.
They don't owe it to us, we have recieved all of it except the final ~£4m. Barcelona owe their lender £83m as they took out a loan to purchase Coutinho.

Sweeting

He ain’t happy with playing time at Bayern and Bayern are trying to tie him down to a new contract, so I expect Liverpool’s name is being used as a bargaining tool by Muller and his agent to try and get more game time and money.
Absolutely. It would be pretty amazing if Muller were ever to leave Bayern. He has a guaranteed job for life there and is earmarked as a future manager.

He knows he can outlast a manager, especially one that keeps letting Bayern down.

He isn't even very good anyway, would come nowhere near our team. Had a period of a couple of years where everything went for him but it didn't take long for his limitations to catch up.

HKReds

I see him as one of the few top players that could rotate/replace Firmino. He likes to drift into spaces - out wide, half space or dropping in between lines.
Great player and as you mentioned, smart in finding spaces, but I seriously doubt he has the work rate and mobility to fit into our system.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
He was pretty good in his own way, you have to give that to him. One of the attacking players without an ideal position I'd say. Is he a lone striker? No. Is he a winger? No. Is he a #10? No. Is he a second striker? Doesn't mean Bayern have always played with one, but maybe closest to it, of all positions. Mentally really strong. I don't see him technically in Firmino's bracket, the simple (but difficult) things Bobby does so well. What happens with him at Bayern remains to be seen, it's possible that he accepts being less important and his love for Bayern prevails that. Don't think there's anything in that rumour.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Saw a rumor today that Barca was keen on Firmino and the very thought that we'd sell Bobby made me chuckle. Of all of the players at this club, Bobby might be the one least likely to get sold. He's such a massive influence on our attack that Klopp would do anything to keep him here.

Limiescouse

Saw a rumor today that Barca was keen on Firmino and the very thought that we'd sell Bobby made me chuckle. Of all of the players at this club, Bobby might be the one least likely to get sold. He's such a massive influence on our attack that Klopp would do anything to keep him here.
According to multiple accounts, Barca already need to raise about 150 quid in player sales just to meet their existing obligations. The only players we should worry about them going there are the ones who are upset at their lack of playing time for Liverpool.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
According to multiple accounts, Barca already need to raise about 150 quid in player sales just to meet their existing obligations. The only players we should worry about them going there are the ones who are upset at their lack of playing time for Liverpool.
And their prefered options ahead of Bobby is.... Wait for it... Kane and Rashford hahaha.. Hahahahaha.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Lovren is going to Barca? Since its stupid Barca, we should ask for 80m.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
That club feels like a house of cards. They also have a longstanding desire to bring Neymar back. Messi and Suarez both the wrong side of thirty. They could be in a bit of trouble.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Today's transfer twaddle from the BBC rumours page includes this ...

Manchester United are considering making a January move for former Liverpool midfielder Emre Can. The 25-year-old Germany international joined Juventus in 2018. (Sky Sports)
(I don't think this'll happen. He's not *that* much of a prick, is he?)

...and this,

Liverpool and Chelsea are interested in 22-year-old Bournemouth and England midfielder Lewis Cook. (Mail)
(Could take Lallana's place on the bench, I suppose.)

nikz200

Today's transfer twaddle from the BBC rumours page includes this ...

Manchester United are considering making a January move for former Liverpool midfielder Emre Can. The 25-year-old Germany international joined Juventus in 2018. (Sky Sports)
(I don't think this'll happen. He's not *that* much of a prick, is he?)

...and this,

Liverpool and Chelsea are interested in 22-year-old Bournemouth and England midfielder Lewis Cook. (Mail)
(Could take Lallana's place on the bench, I suppose.)
Emre Can could go to united, mainly because he has a shot of starting there.

Wouldn't mind Lewis Cook at all if I'm being honest. Decent player gives us flexibility especially if we need to rest fabinho.

Sweeting

Emre Can could go to united, mainly because he has a shot of starting there.

Wouldn't mind Lewis Cook at all if I'm being honest. Decent player gives us flexibility especially if we need to rest fabinho.
A lot of his best work has come playing for England U21s which makes me suspicious as he may as well be playing Sunday League the quality is so bad.

I'll need to see a lot more of him before I'd be tempted to spend the likely inflated fee to get him. Bournemouth fans are divided on him because he is very hot and cold - able to dictate a game one week and next week can't complete a pass to save his life. Just looked at a Bournemouth forum and most of them have him as a bench player "when everyone is fit".

I feel like we are in a position to get better players than him, or let him continue to improve at Bournemouth and take him later in his development.

As a side note I notice that Bournemouth fans are not at all happy with Ryan Fraser. Out of form, not signing a new contract and put a lot of weight on over the summer (something Eddie Howe has consistently called him out on, poor lifestyle habits off the pitch). Don't think that top 6 move is coming.

Commando

Ad-free Member
A lot of his best work has come playing for England U21s which makes me suspicious as he may as well be playing Sunday League the quality is so bad.

I'll need to see a lot more of him before I'd be tempted to spend the likely inflated fee to get him. Bournemouth fans are divided on him because he is very hot and cold - able to dictate a game one week and next week can't complete a pass to save his life. Just looked at a Bournemouth forum and most of them have him as a bench player "when everyone is fit".

I feel like we are in a position to get better players than him, or let him continue to improve at Bournemouth and take him later in his development.

As a side note I notice that Bournemouth fans are not at all happy with Ryan Fraser. Out of form, not signing a new contract and put a lot of weight on over the summer (something Eddie Howe has consistently called him out on, poor lifestyle habits off the pitch). Don't think that top 6 move is coming.
We have a team of analytical experts nowadays to tell Jurgen and his staff all that they need to know about our future targets. They'll let him/them know if he's good enough for us.

Dave-D

Think he expected to be sold in the summer and when it didn’t happen it’s messed with his head.
Needs to get back to last seasons form and then he’ll have teams queuing up for him and he’ll get a very nice signing on fee being a free transfer.

nikz200

Fraser was statically one of bournemouths key providers , it could be possible he needs a new challenge with better players to be better.I would wait on Fraser and see how he does in terms off finding his form.

as for Lewis Cook, wasn't he injured for nearly a year? like he only returned a month ago, so maybe it will take some time, but he fits that midfield role, and we are talking about a replacement once we sell Lallana, wouldn't mind having him, seeing as soon the Declan Rice sweepstakes are coming, it could be a choice between rice and Cook, and if Cook is cheaper, why not?

nikz200

don't understand what you mean
With the mbappe links we were piecing together random posts and sources and trying to make it into a real link. Now there is some #Sancho2020 campaign people are talking about and we are linked with him, is it us trying to make it a reality or do we really want Sancho?