• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
We should have pulled out of the Carabao Cup.
Why?
It’ll give our youth a chance of playing in front of the cameras. It’s not like they will be forced to play twice in a day. The first team will be the other side of the world. It’s really no different to a EFL Trophy game now.
I’m looking forward to it.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Last edited:

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Why?
It’ll give our youth a chance of playing in front of the cameras. It’s not like they will be forced to play twice in a day. The first team will be the other side of the world. It’s really no different to a EFL Trophy game now.
Because we can't play just youth in the cup - they are not all ready, and all the experienced players will be away.

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
Heard an interesting rumour from a friend involved with next year's Euro's.
A guy in UEFA told him that Mbappe can only play for Nike sponsored teams, it's part of his contract.
He was also told that the reason we didn't sign di Ligt was because we wouldn't pay the agent's fees. Think Raiola is his agent?

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Because we can't play just youth in the cup - they are not all ready, and all the experienced players will be away.
We can and will, it's not about them being ready.They will play, and almost certainly lose and hopefully learn from the experience.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Heard an interesting rumour from a friend involved with next year's Euro's.
A guy in UEFA told him that Mbappe can only play for Nike sponsored teams, it's part of his contract.
He was also told that the reason we didn't sign di Ligt was because we wouldn't pay the agent's fees. Think Raiola is his agent?
Can't imagine that being true, would surely break freedom of movement laws etc.

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
Can't imagine that being true, would surely break freedom of movement laws etc.
No idea but if he signed it willingly or if there's some sort of compensation in the form of more money then who knows, perhaps it is.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Why?
Because it’s probably only through a big team pulling out do the Football league and Premier League come to understand that they are causing havoc with their idiotic fixtures.

trygve76

TIA New Signing
The Sander Berge thing would be interesting if it has legs. He is a player I rate very highly. Apparently Genk had offers in the £20M region for him this summer. Also comes across as a well-spoken and polite kind of fella.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
But if the club do the numbers and they stack up, why not?

What if someone produced a shiny coloured pie chart and linear graph as to why Mbappe at 200 makes more sense than keita at 50 from a monetary and playing point of view? Would you be ok then?

They really are just zeros on a report now, it’s not real money in the sense of it being able to solve social injustices.....
For me, it's all about the chemistry in the squad. Money doesn't come into it. Klopp's success is entirely built on a tight-knit group of players who fight for each other to the hilt. Too many big egos wanting to start every game = trouble. This equation must be at the forefront of his thoughts when considering transfers. Reason why we didn't bring in anyone last summer apart from two youngsters.

The only way it could happen is if one of our current front three is allowed to leave, for instance Salah or Mané. But I'm not sure I'd like this to be honest. Contrarily to what many people might think, Mbappe is far from the finished product. The French league is really too weak to draw any conclusions about the level he can reach, especially playing within a club cheating it's way to success with billions. He has impressed with the French national team and is no doubt a top prospect. But is that enough to unhinge a perfectly functioning starting frontline? Not in my book.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Funny because I remember the name Sander Berge from a few years back, that was probably before (or just when) he went to Belgium. I can't remember when exactly. He was sort of linked/mentioned with us (like thousands are) through probably nothing more than another unreliable source.

@norwegian wood, do you like the kid? Is he a holding midfielder or?

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
I'd wouldn't touch the front 3 for few years.
Get a young player like sancho or mbappe and go all out for 4 trophies.
All our front 3 are in their prime, makes no sense to sell them now.
I think we should aim at quadruple and build a squad which can go all out in all competition, sounds ambitious, but if there was ever a time we had the capability to do , it's now.

pottymonster

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.
Look at the next two months, and then look later down the line with FA Cup and CL knockout rounds, were playing almost 2 games a week all season. We just played Aston Villa with only Salah in the starting XI. We can easily accommodate another forward.

Mbappe2020

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Funny because I remember the name Sander Berge from a few years back, that was probably before (or just when) he went to Belgium. I can't remember when exactly. He was sort of linked/mentioned with us (like thousands are) through probably nothing more than another unreliable source.

@norwegian wood, do you like the kid? Is he a holding midfielder or?
I like him, yes. I've only watched him for the national team before our games vs Genk, so I was curious to see how he'd do against a top European team. He was heavily linked with Sevilla the last two summer windows, but the move didn't happen for some reason.

At first glance he looks like a deep lying player, with his build and passing ability. And I think that seems like the best role for him, be it as the single pivot or in more of a duo. But he's also pretty fast and agile for his size, which we saw when he got back to tackle Ox. Can also advance with the ball through midfield. So I think it's possible he could play as a shuttler in Klopp's system.

The combination of qualities is what makes him very interesting for me. His skill set is sort of unicorn-like (one for the NBA fans). I was thinking during the game this week he might be the player we were hoping Grujic would become: a big midfield presence who can play as well as cover ground with and without the ball.

And the price wouldn't be bad either, apparently; €25m was mentioned recently. So I could see the temptation, for Liverpool and many other big clubs. My guess is we'll keep watching him and see how he takes the next level, when he inevitably moves.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Take it with a pinch of salt because its Talk Sport but they are linking Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth) with Liverpool, possibly in January.

He's out of contract in the Summer.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Take it with a pinch of salt because its Talk Sport but they are linking Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth) with Liverpool, possibly in January.

Latest is he's "in advanced talks with Liverpool", possibly including a permanent move for Harry Wilson. It's probably bullshit but if it is true I'm not sure how I feel about Fraser to be honest.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Latest is he's "in advanced talks with Liverpool", possibly including a permanent move for Harry Wilson. It's probably bullshit but if it is true I'm not sure how I feel about Fraser to be honest.
Wouldnt be happy with a swap deal thats for sure.

I imagine if there is any truth in the deal, must be the end of Shaqiri, which for me would be a shame.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Wouldnt be happy with a swap deal thats for sure.

I imagine if there is any truth in the deal, must be the end of Shaqiri, which for me would be a shame.
I agree, not sure how I feel about Fraser in general. And if it's a Fraser for Wilson swap that's a hard pass from me. No.

StevenAlonso

Think Shaq will be sold this summer if Fraser comes in as I think Harry Wilson might also get a chance next season. Fraser might come on a free transfer and this might be a pre-season agreement.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Think Shaq will be sold this summer if Fraser comes in as I think Harry Wilson might also get a chance next season. Fraser might come on a free transfer and this might be a pre-season agreement.
For me Shaq and Fraser are the same player. You get them to your club and see they arent as good as you thought they were.
Shaq goes in Jan and Fraser comes in - like for like for me.

Sweeting

Wouldn't go near him personally. He plays on the left where we have Mane and Origi - both significantly better players in terms of technique, physique and goal threat.

Plus his own manager has publicly spoken out about his unprofessional lifestyle (in terms of food and drink, generally looking after himself outside of "work").

Then again Klopp has proved me wrong before with players I thought were crap when we signed them (Robertson) so maybe he can do it again.

Dave-D

If it’s money plus Fraser for Wilson I’d have no problem with that.

If Klopp doesn’t think Wilson is good enough and he thinks Fraser can do a job as rotation/subbed on when game has been won then I’m all for the deal.

He also plays on the left for Scotland so would have some understanding with Robertson which is a plus in my eyes.

Also don’t see why his would be the end for Shaqiri, he normally plays on the right but is best through the middle whilst Fraser mainly plays on the left.

Would also be a windfall for Aberdeen who have a new training complex and stadium to pay for.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
I'd like to see Wilson get a chance at Liverpool because he has come through the Academy but i'd trust the coaching staff's decision on him either way. I can see Shaq moving in the summer regardless of what happens because he needs more football.