• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Probably only a clause activatable by RB Leipzig.
According to the MEN article on the Bild report, there's set to be a deal for him next month, to anyone not just RBL:

Not speaking German I'm not sure how much will have been lost in translation between the two.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
According to the MEN article on the Bild report, there's set to be a deal for him next month, to anyone not just RBL:

Not speaking German I'm not sure how much will have been lost in translation between the two.
I saw Fjortoft on twitter saying Bayern were ruling themselves out of a move for him in the winter window, if true it could be because other clubs are involved in some bidding war for him.

Maybe Dortmund's alledged willingness to conclude deal for Sancho is to fund moves for players like Haaland and/or Werner?

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
BBC Rumours page:
Leeds have joined Aston Villa and Crystal Palace in showing interest in taking in Liverpool forward Rhian Brewster, 19, on loan in January. (Star)

I would imagine that Rhian is feeling a bit miffed at the moment given the apparent assurances that he would get first team minutes this season. If he goes out on loan then he probably won't be coming back. That is usually what happens. I know it doesn't always, but usually it does.
I think it would be great move for him. He will get good mins, a 6 month loan at this age is worth it. I cant see him playing ahead of origi at this moment.
I think curtis jones has a better chance of playing for the first team this season over Brewster.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
60mil for sancho would be a good deal. No where near 100+.
He will easily feature in all our games either as a sub or as a rotation to our front 3.
He could be the perfect player for us, and under klopp he will get better.
Cant see him going to city unless sane is leaving. No way he gets the same mins as he does here.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
60mil for sancho would be a good deal. No where near 100+.
He will easily feature in all our games either as a sub or as a rotation to our front 3.
He could be the perfect player for us, and under klopp he will get better.
Cant see him going to city unless sane is leaving. No way he gets the same mins as he does here.
Sane is leaving. His contract expires in the summer and he wants to go to Bayern, who also want him

MinniMo

What is going on with Grujic these days, will he come back to us or be sold on now? He's 23 and been out on loan since 2016, there seems to be spasms of news on him, then nothing.

Sweeting

What is going on with Grujic these days, will he come back to us or be sold on now? He's 23 and been out on loan since 2016, there seems to be spasms of news on him, then nothing.
Still doing well for Hertha. He plays as a box-to-box midfielder so maybe he would most closely be related to Henderson in his on-field position.

Quite a packed position for us at the moment when you think of Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum. Maybe he will get a chance next season but selling him for £20m-£30m seems an option too.

I really don't fancy him in the DM position despite what various other people will say about him. He doesn't sense danger and is really slow on the ball - think of the negative impact Rodri has had on the Man City defence, despite being a good player.

Red over the water

Gruijic could come back and replace Milner in the squad next year, as there are little signs that Milner is not quite what he was, due to age. Mind you, it almost sounds sacrilegious to say that, as Milner is a top pro and a top fella to have around, and he has been doing a heck of a job in fighting back age.

I could easily see a path to Milner transitioning to a coaching role, but equally, I could easily see him going to Leeds for one last playing hurrah, bringing his career full circle.

Red over the water

Haaland at the rumoured knock-down price seems a no brainer too, at least as a business proposition, but as a playing proposition I’m not so sure. I need to see more of him, but on the bits I have seen he is a big target man, puts himself about, but he does have decent pace and movement... for a big man. He has burst onto the scene and is scoring a lot of goals so it is intriguing. I’m not sure how well he’d fit with out style, and Klopp doesn’t seem the sort to buy players without knowing exactly what he’s going to do with them, and how they will fit in.

So Haaland is a no for me, but admittedly I’ve not seen a lot of him.

Mind you, if he goes somewhere like Man Utd and starts to bang in a lot of goals, with their faster players buzzing around him, it will become a regular retort on Liverpool forums, “We could have had him for £x when he left Salzburg...” Such is life.

Last edited:

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
If we win the league and Leeds are promoted (currently 2nd in the Championship, 8 points clear of 3rd), then I could see Milner leaving to go there. He still has a role to play here this season, mainly a rotation option or off the bench, but signs are there that even he's starting to slow down now.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Grujic had a goal this weekend but it was more about being in the right place at the right time. The ball bounced around from a set piece and he was the benefactor.

I like Grujic, but here he'd be just another guy. There is no position for him, and he would struggle to get consistent minutes. He can play box to box, but IMO he's better defensively than he is going forward. I just don't see where he fits here. Even if Milner and Lallana are allowed to run down their contracts and leave this Summer.

Despite the instability He seems to love it in Berlin and his teammates love him, so I could see Hertha attempting to make that move permanent.

MinniMo

Gruijic could come back and replace Milner in the squad next year, as there are little signs that Milner is not quite what he was, due to age. Mind you, it almost sounds sacrilegious to say that, as Milner is a top pro and a top fella to have around, and he has been doing a heck of a job in fighting back age.

I could easily see a path to Milner transitioning to a coaching role, but equally, I could easily see him going to Leeds for one last playing hurrah, bringing his career full circle.
I believe that was always what his intention was, to return to Leeds, and good on him for that, I would love him to stay with us and work with Klopp, but fully respect what he chooses.

Now, I think it may just depend on where Leeds are at end of season as to if he will be coaching, playing or bit of both. Right now Leeds look decent for promotion, and if they get that they may feel Millie is just a tad too old for them to keep pace in the PL. He works well for us as right now because we have an A+ team that he can slot into, but Leeds won't be of that standard and would be wanting younger, fitter, faster players.

So, I do feel that maybe it would be a consideration for Klopp to look at bringing Grugic back and seeing what, if anything, he can do with him, if nothing, then sell. But he will have been out on loan for 4 years, if Klopp didn't rate him surely he would have been gone by now?

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I believe that was always what his intention was, to return to Leeds, and good on him for that, I would love him to stay with us and work with Klopp, but fully respect what he chooses.

Now, I think it may just depend on where Leeds are at end of season as to if he will be coaching, playing or bit of both. Right now Leeds look decent for promotion, and if they get that they may feel Millie is just a tad too old for them to keep pace in the PL. He works well for us as right now because we have an A+ team that he can slot into, but Leeds won't be of that standard and would be wanting younger, fitter, faster players.

So, I do feel that maybe it would be a consideration for Klopp to look at bringing Grugic back and seeing what, if anything, he can do with him, if nothing, then sell. But he will have been out on loan for 4 years, if Klopp didn't rate him surely he would have been gone by now?
He would work well with younger players around him. His experience and work ethic is awesome as is his Twitter game!

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Grujic had a goal this weekend but it was more about being in the right place at the right time. The ball bounced around from a set piece and he was the benefactor.

I like Grujic, but here he'd be just another guy. There is no position for him, and he would struggle to get consistent minutes. He can play box to box, but IMO he's better defensively than he is going forward. I just don't see where he fits here. Even if Milner and Lallana are allowed to run down their contracts and leave this Summer.

Despite the instability He seems to love it in Berlin and his teammates love him, so I could see Hertha attempting to make that move permanent.
Hertha won't have the money that Liverpool would be asking. We're talking at least 30 million pounds here (there's a 20% sell-on clause for Crvena Zvezda as well), I could see a few PL clubs paying it but when it comes to German ones, my opinion is that only clubs who make big sales will be able to afford him. So, Dortmund when they sell Sancho, Leverkusen when they sell Havertz and so on.

There's something about Grujić, I think he could become a good player one day but I don't think it will be at Liverpool. Like Haaland, only a level or two below - talented but in need of the right system. I don't think he suits Liverpool's system but I think he'd suit that of, say, Wolves or Newcastle very much. He's a fit guy, immense in the air, capable of shielding the ball and covering a lot of ground, decent technical ability as well. I just don't think he has the speed of thought and discipline to play in this Liverpool side. Milner comparisons couldn't be further off the mark, I'd love it if Milner could give at least one more year of service to Liverpool - it's increasingly looking like he won't, unfortunately - because he's versatile, mature and tactically incredible.

I will repeat it until Sancho is sold: I hope Dortmund take/have taken a liking to Grujić, so Liverpool could drive Sancho's price down. I don't see him or Wilson making it at Liverpool, regardless of what Klopp publicly says, they both lack some key component needed to play in Klopp's starting XI and they won't come back to sit on the bench. These two could potentially earn Liverpool 50 million pounds combined (that's taking Grujić's transfer and sell-on fees into account, as well as their respective loan fees), that's nearly the price of one Keita, Liverpool's third most expensive signing.

Magnus

Mmm ...bappe ....

Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea are among six teams interested in Paris St-Germain's Brazilian forward Neymar, 27, and Kylian Mbappe, 20. (Le Parisien, via Mirror)

France forward Mbappe has no intention of renewing his PSG contract, which ends in 2022. (Marca)

(BBC)
Neymar seems like the type of artist that we won't pursue. Personally brilliant, but is he a good enough team player ? I absolutely think we would buy him if he would cost us 50 million, probably also 60, but he won't, he will cost above 90, and then he is probably not worth it for us. Kylian Mbbappe on the other hand I assume we might be a bit more interested in. Still, I think he will be too expensive too. Are we in such a dire need of strikers that we will pay up a 100 million ? I doubt that.