The Unreliable Rumours Thread

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
If I would have to decide between keeping Wijnaldum until his contract runs out or bringing in any other CM in the summer I’d keep Gini 100%

So important for our game. Unreplaceable!!!
I often find myself thinking during a game: how many midfielders could we find who does what he does? I don't watch enough football anymore to know which players are out there of similar profile; who has the required qualities as well as the personality to put the team above himself in every situation in every game. Incredible. He'll be a difficult player to replace when the day comes.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Klopp signing an extension when he did suggests that there's big transfers lined up for this summer - i.e. players that would only join if Klopp committed long-term first. If there weren't big signings in the pipeline in the near future there would have been no reason for Klopp to sign his extension so early.
I think you are reading too much into it.

Jah_Pool

If Wijnandum does to I wouldn’t mind ward-prowse as his replacement...
I’m surprised he’s not been mentioned yet. I’d rather him than grealish
Neither Ward-Prowse nor Grealish gets around the park enough and Grealish definitely won't play in the front three for us like he's doing for VIlla. The only thing Ward-Prowse provides is his deliveries on set pieces and we have TAA, Shaquiri, Robertson, and Milner for that. I'd stay clear of both those players. If we need a lazy 10, then, by all means, sign Grealish but for the money that Villa will be asking, Madison is a much better player with his goals and set-piece delivery.

Jah_Pool

I've been watching Grujic this season and I just can't see us letting him go. If he doesn't get a chance next season I'd be very, very surprised. Although rumours claim some big clubs are keeping tabs on him.
Hey Drubas, I haven't been keeping tabs on Grujic. In your estimation, has he gotten better? Can he stake a claim next season if we move Lallana and possible Milner on is the question? Does he still have the rash tackles in his game like he had when he was with us?

Drubas

Hey Drubas, I haven't been keeping tabs on Grujic. In your estimation, has he gotten better? Can he stake a claim next season if we move Lallana and possible Milner on is the question? Does he still have the rash tackles in his game like he had when he was with us?
I think he's really transformed into a completely different player, the last two years. He was schooled as a classic DM. And in Germany he's added to the 6 role and can contribute more to the attack. Also, the direct play of the Bundesliga fits him, and he's adapted really well.

He is physical and have a handful of yellow cards, but I would not say he's rash or wild. On the contrary, I'd say he's become more of a cynical, front footed 6, using tactical fouls to his favour.

The team isn't preforming as well as last year, but I think his performance is on par with Fabinho in his 6 role. But I think he could easily be schooled to play as an 8 as well, he is really good when he is pushed further up the pitch and when he is allowed the freedom to run into the box.

I would love to see him get a full pre season, then rotated into the team.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
I think he's really transformed into a completely different player, the last two years. He was schooled as a classic DM. And in Germany he's added to the 6 role and can contribute more to the attack. Also, the direct play of the Bundesliga fits him, and he's adapted really well.

He is physical and have a handful of yellow cards, but I would not say he's rash or wild. On the contrary, I'd say he's become more of a cynical, front footed 6, using tactical fouls to his favour.

The team isn't preforming as well as last year, but I think his performance is on par with Fabinho in his 6 role. But I think he could easily be schooled to play as an 8 as well, he is really good when he is pushed further up the pitch and when he is allowed the freedom to run into the box.

I would love to see him get a full pre season, then rotated into the team.
I'd be all for Grujic getting a squad role next year, I've only seen highlights videos but everything I've seen and read suggests he's come on leaps and bounds playing regularly at a good level these past couple of years, and from his interviews his attitude couldn't be any more spot-on. I feel like that kind of progress and attitude should be rewarded, and with Lallana almost certainly going it frees up a CM spot.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I'd be all for Grujic getting a squad role next year, I've only seen highlights videos but everything I've seen and read suggests he's come on leaps and bounds playing regularly at a good level these past couple of years, and from his interviews his attitude couldn't be any more spot-on. I feel like that kind of progress and attitude should be rewarded, and with Lallana almost certainly going it frees up a CM spot.
Do you think we have room within the squad? Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita and Ox all seem like they'd be equal to or above him in the pecking order. Milner would probably still play some CM games too and I've Hope's for Jones next season if not this one in those CM roles. In 4 years time I could see 30 year old Fabinho, 28 year old Keita, 30 year old Ox, 27 year old Grujic, 22 year old Jones along with maybe a 33 year old Henderson or one of the academy kids being our midfield. I'm just struggling to see room for everyone at the moment. Grujic isn't going to want to exist on loan forever though. If he isn't playing for us he is going to want to move somewhere else permanently eventually. Unless there is truth to Wijnaldum moving on.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Do you think we have room within the squad? Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita and Ox all seem like they'd be equal to or above him in the pecking order. Milner would probably still play some CM games too and I've Hope's for Jones next season if not this one in those CM roles. In 4 years time I could see 30 year old Fabinho, 28 year old Keita, 30 year old Ox, 27 year old Grujic, 22 year old Jones along with maybe a 33 year old Henderson or one of the academy kids being our midfield. I'm just struggling to see room for everyone at the moment. Grujic isn't going to want to exist on loan forever though. If he isn't playing for us he is going to want to move somewhere else permanently eventually. Unless there is truth to Wijnaldum moving on.
If Klopp likes him he'll find room for him, I think it's as simple as that really.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Totally forgot about him but we have been linked with Leon Bailey again. May be an option for LB as well as one of the forward positions. Probably too much of a tit though!
Does not mean his name starts with LB...means he can play LB....

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
The way we are set up, 6 options in midfield is not too many. Whether it will be Grujic or someone else, we will have to see. Despite him doing well on loan, I am not too optimistic that he will make it here. But I am not Klopp, it will probably depend on whether Lallana extends his deal this coming season, and whether Klopp would extend the deal whether he thinks Grujic is good enough to have a team in the squad.

Richard88

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Yeah Klopp won't sell anyone in my view, as Klopp had on the 28th only 13 first team players to choose from. Opportunities will arise and potentially who doesn't want to be at Liverpool at the moment.

Red over the water

Lallana has made a few decent appearances this season. Obviously he’s being used sparingly and will likely not get another deal, but in the meantime, with Ox and Keita‘s fitness record not being great, Lallana might be a useful option to retain. The player himself would presumably rather collect a Premier League winner’s medal before heading back to Southampton too.

If he does go now (seems unlikely) Jones looks well placed to see more action.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
Even if he leaves this January, he will still receive a PL medal (if we win) due to him already completing the mandatory quota for a medal.
He will, but it's very different being part of the team that wins it and having to sign for it from a Hermes driver*.

*this may not be how medals are given in this situation.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
The Express is reporting we held talks with Havertz's representatives last month.

That would be an amazing signing.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
The Express is reporting we held talks with Havertz's representatives last month.

That would be an amazing signing.
If we sign 2 of Sancho/Mbappe/Havertz without loosing any of our key players, City fans will simply explode, right? Will they cry that we should be investigated under FFP? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

PS - I am not saying we should sign 2 heavy money signings. I don't believe we need to. But if we did, the situation would be quite hilarious.