The Unreliable Rumours Thread

The Infamous

What ever happens I don’t think we need to sign a midfielder. A attacker(or wide player yes) but the midfield spot (even if Lallana decides to leave) should be Curtis Jones. I actually think Jones has been more impressive than TAA at youth level and is our most talented Academy player since Owen and Sterling. He has to play fuck a loan because they will just mis use him. He is already better than Foden who has a clear spot left for him and we should be doing similar with Jones. He is simply too good for U23 level. Scouse Coutinho. Think we are stocked for midfielders regardless only midfield position I would like to see maybe a addition is a Young DM. Hopefully that is Chivarella he has shades of Lucas Leiva a player I still miss.

The Infamous

If Wijnandum does to I wouldn’t mind ward-prowse as his replacement...
I’m surprised he’s not been mentioned yet. I’d rather him than grealish
Wow we HAVE TO KEEP WIJNALDUM. will be the biggest loss since Xabi or Macca. If we sing Ward Prowse as a replacement we are FINISHED as a club. All of them are shit War prowse,grealish,Maddison none of them are even close to Wijnaldum when it comes to dribbling and ball retention. Only player that could soften this tremendous loss is maybe Aouar and even he is a bit too inconsistent and not as impactful as Gini.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Wow we HAVE TO KEEP WIJNALDUM. will be the biggest loss since Xabi or Macca. If we sing Ward Prowse as a replacement we are FINISHED as a club. All of them are shit War prowse,grealish,Maddison none of them are even close to Wijnaldum when it comes to dribbling and ball retention. Only player that could soften this tremendous loss is maybe Aouar and even he is a bit too inconsistent and not as impactful as Gini.
Wow. Finished as a club!!!?
Ok.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Few on Twitter saying Soton have offered £10m for Lallana.
We wont be selling anyone this window.

El Cuchillero

Més que un pedantic shit.
Can't tell if this post is satire.

Gazmaninaus

Sad when the injury record of Keita and Ox means you need to rely on Lallana. All three are sick notes.

OzzyKop

If we sign 2 of Sancho/Mbappe/Havertz without loosing any of our key players, City fans will simply explode, right? Will they cry that we should be investigated under FFP? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

PS - I am not saying we should sign 2 heavy money signings. I don't believe we need to. But if we did, the situation would be quite hilarious.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmbappe and Havertzzz i will have. I will let Oil city compete for Sancho with Chelsea.

Red over the water

After scoring the goal to knock Everton out the cup (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha) Jones’ post-match interview had a little edge to it. It wasn’t disrespectful, but he spoke as a man who knew his place in the game, and he gave off an expectation that he should be involved a bit more. I think the word he used was “frustrated.” Shearer picked up on it in the analysis afterwards.

Jones wasn’t whining, or being entitled - it was just the right side of that. The frustration he expressed was in training, preparing to play, getting to the edge of the team, thinking you might be used, and then being frustrated sitting on the bench. Or words to that effect.

All this is to say if the lad is good enough, it might put a dent in our ‘shiny new signing’ expectation for that attacking midfield. Still doesn’t mean we won’t sign a winger/striker, but we might already have the attacking midfielder we need right here at the club, and that could put a damper on signing the likes of Havertz or Aouar, but not so much Sancho or similar.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
After scoring the goal to knock Everton out the cup (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha) Jones’ post-match interview had a little edge to it. It wasn’t disrespectful, but he spoke as a man who knew his place in the game, and he gave off an expectation that he should be involved a bit more. I think the word he used was “frustrated.” Shearer picked up on it in the analysis afterwards.

Jones wasn’t whining, or being entitled - it was just the right side of that. The frustration he expressed was in training, preparing to play, getting to the edge of the team, thinking you might be used, and then being frustrated sitting on the bench. Or words to that effect.

All this is to say if the lad is good enough, it might put a dent in our ‘shiny new signing’ expectation for that attacking midfield. Still doesn’t mean we won’t sign a winger/striker, but we might already have the attacking midfielder we need right here at the club, and that could put a damper on signing the likes of Havertz or Aouar, but not so much Sancho or similar.
With Keita and Ox for the more attacking/creative number 8 role it's perfect having Jones. Due to their injury concerns he will get plenty of games to develop and progress but without the responsibility of being a main member of the squad if that makes sense?

The Infamous

Hall of shame award for 2020 is looking safe there mate.
What’s your point? Do you rate Ward Prowse on that level? Would rather play Curtis Jones over him. He’s short as fuck,weak as fuck and offers nothing but free kicks. He can’t tackle or dribble so how is that a suggestion as a Gini replacement. It’s a outrageous suggestion. As the great Jay-z once said ‘do you fools listen(watch) to music(football) do you just skim through it?’

Sweeting

What’s your point? Do you rate Ward Prowse on that level? Would rather play Curtis Jones over him. He’s short as fuck,weak as fuck and offers nothing but free kicks. He can’t tackle or dribble so how is that a suggestion as a Gini replacement. It’s a outrageous suggestion. As the great Jay-z once said ‘do you fools listen(watch) to music(football) do you just skim through it?’
Signing Ward-Prowse, while being an unambitious and underwhelming move, is unlikely to FINISH the club.

Unless he has some sort of plague.

Last edited:

ptt

2020, head of the table.
My point is that you’re talking stratospheric levels of bollocks to suggest that signing anybody (with the possible exception of Jesse Lingard) will finish our club. It’s simply ridiculous and you know it.

The Infamous

My point is that you’re talking stratospheric levels of bollocks to suggest that signing anybody (with the possible exception of Jesse Lingard) will finish our club. It’s simply ridiculous and you know it.
Put some respect on Wijnaldum. You clearly think he’s dispensable. That’s why me and you can’t discuss football because clearly you must think real life is Fifa. He’s our midfield lynch pin to think that pasty midget could replace him shows why. Lingard is a better footballer than fucking Prowse. I know lingard is a meme but he could offer something Ward Prowse can’t he can run with a football and dance.

gr_sounder

Put some respect on Wijnaldum. You clearly think he’s dispensable. That’s why me and you can’t discuss football because clearly you must think real life is Fifa. He’s our midfield lynch pin to think that pasty midget could replace him shows why. Lingard is a better footballer than fucking Prowse. I know lingard is a meme but he could offer something Ward Prowse can’t he can run with a football and dance.
I think this post kind of sums up the argument... you can't argue with this kind of logic.

The Infamous

It’s facts though clearly you are underrating Wijnaldum. I couldn’t believe that suggestion. And I’m the guy that’s getting quoted by you lot not the guy that suggested James fucking Ward Prowse (not even top 100 midfielders in the premier league).