• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

The Infamous

It’s facts though clearly you are underrating Wijnaldum. I couldn’t believe that suggestion. And I’m the guy that’s getting quoted by you lot not the guy that suggested James fucking Ward Prowse (not even top 100 midfielders in the premier league).

The Infamous

I hate most English players especially midfielders. All these guys are garbage. With the exception of Maddison and even he is overrated. I can’t believe a man suggest Ward Prowse to replace our strongest midfielder with the most pace for a slow and feeble guy that lives for set pieces. Even suggest Pascal Gross,Trossard,Buendia,Cantwell any one but him.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
After scoring the goal to knock Everton out the cup (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha) Jones’ post-match interview had a little edge to it. It wasn’t disrespectful, but he spoke as a man who knew his place in the game, and he gave off an expectation that he should be involved a bit more. I think the word he used was “frustrated.” Shearer picked up on it in the analysis afterwards. Jones wasn’t whining, or being entitled - it was just the right side of that. The frustration he expressed was in training, preparing to play, getting to the edge of the team, thinking you might be used, and then being frustrated sitting on the bench. Or words to that effect.

All this is to say if the lad is good enough, it might put a dent in our ‘shiny new signing’ expectation for that attacking midfield. Still doesn’t mean we won’t sign a winger/striker, but we might already have the attacking midfielder we need right here at the club, and that could put a damper on signing the likes of Havertz or Aouar, but not so much Sancho or similar.
100% agreed that. I posted the exact same thing after that match. JK and Curtis comments immediately after point in the very same direction. He wants more playing time and is not shy about letting the world know it. Whenever Jürgen is asked about young Curtis he always says the same thing: "the young man is not short on confidence". I thought Curtis' comments after the FA Cup match were interesting because they were very candid and caught me by surprise. He talked about being frustrated. IMO he is a very special and polished talent but he just has to be careful. As Jürgen pointed out, as long as you play to the principles of the club, the staff will find a place for you.

All just my opinion, this: of course anything is possible in the transfer market, but I would be stunned if anyone was signed that would block Curtis Jones path. IMO, he is "next up" to be given a chance. That said, Havertz is in an entirely different class, he will be elite. If there is a chance to sign him, you do it. And I am not nearly as high on Houssem Aouar as some are. Not that he's a bad player but for what his price will be in the market, I personally don't think it's worth the investment considering they can continue to nurture and develop Curtis Jones.

Last edited:

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I hate most English players especially midfielders. All these guys are garbage. With the exception of Maddison and even he is overrated. I can’t believe a man suggest Ward Prowse to replace our strongest midfielder with the most pace for a slow and feeble guy that lives for set pieces. Even suggest Pascal Gross,Trossard,Buendia,Cantwell any one but him.
I thought maybe I will try to explain that they were not onto you about ward prowse or gini or the players, but more of the over reaction saying we will be FINISHED just because we sign ward prowse... because we will not be FINISHED that easily......

But then I thought i better not.

Notasuperfan

Why would signing Havertz signal the doom of Curtis Jones' Liverpool career?

Milly only signed a 2 years contract and we are not sure if he still wanna stay at Liverpool next season if Leeds comes up. Lallana is leaving. Keita simply cannot cope with the physical demand of the BPL and Klopp's training regime. AOC is also injury prone. That leaves us with Fabinho, Hendo, Gini, Jones and to a certain extent Shaqiri as starters and reliable backup.

I hear talks about Minamino in the midfield. Judging by how Klopp put Minamino in the FA cup tie, it seems he will be playing as Bobby's backup.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Put some respect on Wijnaldum. You clearly think he’s dispensable. That’s why me and you can’t discuss football because clearly you must think real life is Fifa. He’s our midfield lynch pin to think that pasty midget could replace him shows why. Lingard is a better footballer than fucking Prowse. I know lingard is a meme but he could offer something Ward Prowse can’t he can run with a football and dance.
I wonder what will happen first?
1. You finding me ever saying anything negative about Gini
2. Us signing WP so you explode
3. The 3 billy goats turning up again so you can get back to your day job
4. You get banned on the grounds of being a pathetic wum

Personally I’m hoping for 2 but I hear the book on 4 has been suspended.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
100% agreed that. I posted the exact same thing after that match. JK and Curtis comments immediately after point in the very same direction. He wants more playing time and is not shy about letting the world know it. Whenever Jürgen is asked about young Curtis he always says the same thing: "the young man is not short on confidence". I thought Curtis' comments after the FA Cup match were interesting because they were very candid and caught me by surprise. He talked about being frustrated. IMO he is a very special and polished talent but he just has to be careful. As Jürgen pointed out, as long as you play to the principles of the club, the staff will find a place for you.

All just my opinion, this: of course anything is possible in the transfer market, but I would be stunned if anyone was signed that would block Curtis Jones path. IMO, he is "next up" to be given a chance. That said, Havertz is in an entirely different class, he will be elite. If there is a chance to sign him, you do it. And I am not nearly as high on Houssem Aouar as some are. Not that he's a bad player but for what his price will be in the market, I personally don't think it's worth the investment considering they can continue to nurture and develop Curtis Jones.
I thought Jones was careful in the interview. Although he did say he was frustrated he didn't say it in a overly negative or demanding way.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Put some respect on Wijnaldum. You clearly think he’s dispensable. That’s why me and you can’t discuss football because clearly you must think real life is Fifa. He’s our midfield lynch pin to think that pasty midget could replace him shows why. Lingard is a better footballer than fucking Prowse. I know lingard is a meme but he could offer something Ward Prowse can’t he can run with a football and dance.
Ward-Prowse isn’t fit to lace Gini’s boots*. Nobody has argued that one.

It’s the level of hyperbole that is the issue. No single signing, no matter how bad is going to ‘finish’ the club, especially not us - every signing lands, we’re in excellent financial health and only going one way.

The aim here is to have a conversation, which means you have to read people’s posts. If you want to broadcast your opinion, revel in its self-importance, and then attack people because of your own misunderstanding, Twitter is that way.

*if we did sign Ward-Prowse, it would be a head scratcher, but given their track record I’d be inclined to trust Klopp and Edwards.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
It’s facts though clearly you are underrating Wijnaldum. I couldn’t believe that suggestion. And I’m the guy that’s getting quoted by you lot not the guy that suggested James fucking Ward Prowse (not even top 100 midfielders in the premier league).
So..are you saying you can name 100 PL midfielders who are better than Ward-Prowse?

Not Worthy

So, 19 teams other than us. Say, an average starting team of 4 midfielders; that's 76, minus Ward-Prowse himself, 75.

You're saying that there are 25, essentially squad midfielders in the Premier League, over and above the starters, that are better ? I wouldn't waste your time, fella. By the time you've reached 20, folk will be pulling your choices apart.

I can understand you not liking Ward-Prowse but that way lies 'madness' (and a whole load of wasted argument).

ptt

2020, head of the table.
So, 19 teams other than us. Say, an average starting team of 4 midfielders; that's 76, minus Ward-Prowse himself, 75.

You're saying that there are 25, essentially squad midfielders in the Premier League, over and above the starters, that are better ? I wouldn't waste your time, fella. By the time you've reached 20, folk will be pulling your choices apart.

I can understand you not liking Ward-Prowse but that way lies 'madness' (and a whole load of wasted argument).
But forum immortality does carry some weight.

Limiescouse

Agree. Not negative at all. Just very close confident in himself and very assured to express to the world.
You see it in the way he plays. In situations when a lot of players might hide and not want the ball he demands it. Even from players far more senior than himself. It was the thing, even more than the strike itself, that I found so compelling about his goal. Developing this mindset is often one of the biggest challenges for a young lad trying to make this step up.

Not Worthy

I’m sure if this lad was around a couple years ago he would have been fucking livid at the prospect of signing an unremarkable left back from Hull.
I said it then and I say it now; if we sign that short Scottish lad from Hull, we're accepting mediocrity and we are FINISHED as a club ......

BTW, why are we talking about Ward-Prowse. Was there a rumour posted ?