• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garibaldi

My reasoning is that the likes of Metro and Daily Star write utter garbage and while they are not banned here, I perceive them as papers which insult readers' intelligence by inventing transfer links to get mouse clicks. There are plenty of other sources which are deemed unreliable but sometimes get things right (The Mirror, Daily Mail, Bild, Gazzetta dello Sport, Corriere dello Sport, L'Equipe, France Football, to name a few). You too often see people flipping out because of false Metro reports, let's try to prevent that. :)
Nicola, I have two questions for you, which you can answer through my In Box or here.

1. How many Administrators and Moderators have TIA Forum and if possible, their names.
2. I want to put an avatar from my computer and don't see any options for that. Can you please instruct? Thanks.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Nicola, I have two questions for you, which you can answer through my In Box or here.

1. How many Administrators and Moderators have TIA Forum and if possible, their names.
2. I want to put an avatar from my computer and don't see any options for that. Can you please instruct? Thanks.
If you go to Your Account -> Account Details there's an option there to add an avatar.

bazza66

TIA Oldie, still in the Youth Team though
Ad-free Member
WOW! All of them are admins? I didn't know that. Thank you.
Yes, there's quite an assortment of administrators but that's better than being wafer thin, and I think one of them is actually from Lincoln. Whilst that's a lot to digestI've always thought it's quite nice to hobnob with them. It's not like I give a fig - roll with it I say.

Garibaldi

If you go to Your Account -> Account Details there's an option there to add an avatar.
Thanks. I did upload avatar, clicked on Save, but still nothing happened.
When I click on my username, up there, it shows the new avatar, but in the forum is still that "G". What is the reason for that?

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
LFC have turned down attempts by Roma & Sevilla to take Xherdan Shaqiri on loan. They want to keep him until summer, at least, when asking price will be 30m euros.
Edwards driving a hard bargain again.... I'd have kept him but his injury record has been too poor to be a reliable alternative. As I said previously with Lovern we should not loan or sell anyone in January who is considered a first team squad member considering we were down to 13 players in December and are currently fighting on 3 fronts.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Edwards driving a hard bargain again.... I'd have kept him but his injury record has been too poor to be a reliable alternative. As I said previously with Lovern we should not loan or sell anyone in January who is considered a first team squad member considering we were down to 13 players in December and are currently fighting on 3 fronts.
I cant imagine the player wanting to leave until the summer. Surely would like to have his winners medals before he leaves? Gets a nice rest before the Euro;s this year.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
I cant imagine the player wanting to leave until the summer. Surely would like to have his winners medals before he leaves? Gets a nice rest before the Euro;s this year.
However, without playing time (when healthy), they won't be able to feature in the national team(s) for Euro 2020. That's the catch.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
However, without playing time (when healthy), they won't be able to feature in the national team(s) for Euro 2020. That's the catch.
as @Limiescouse says. Also, I cant see why he wouldnt have playing time if fit. We're going to have CL games coming up soon, and given the schedule over the next 12 months, Klopp may decide to rest some players if we get the league wrapped up early.

Richard88

The more I think about it the more it makes sense to buy a forward more in the mould of Salah or Mané who can stretch defenses (i.e. someone like Werner), rather than more of a wide player (eg. Sancho).

Based on the current rumours I'd expect something along the following moves:

OUT --------- IN
Shaqiri --> Minamino
Origi ----> Werner
Lovren --> Young LCB
Lallana --> Jones
Grujic ---> Sold or loaned again
Wilson --> Sold to highest bidder
Brewster loaned to Championship or lower PL side where gametime is guaranteed.

If Wijnaldum decides to not renew his contract then I can see a midfielder being signed as his direct replacement as well (eg. Aouar or Havertz)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
----------- Mané (28) ---------------------------- Salah (27) -----
---------- Werner (23) -------------------------- Elliott (16) -----
------------------------------ Firmino (28) -------------------------
----------------------------- Minamino (25) -----------------------
-------------- Keita (24) ------------------ Wijnaldum (29) --------
--------------- Ox (26) --------------------- Milner (34) -----------
-------------- Jones (18) -------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------ Fabinho (26) -------------------------
----------------------------- Henderson (29) -----------------------
Robertson (25) --- Van Dijk (28) --- Gomez (22) ------- Trent (21)
<-------- Young LCB --------> ----- Matip (28) ---- Williams (18)
--------------------------------------------------------- Hoever (17)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------- Allison (27) ----------------------------
----------------------------- Adrian (33) -----------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.