The Unreliable Rumours Thread

vjcpatriot

Honestly completely lost any interest in Coutinho ever since he forced his way out of town. All I'll say is thanks to your dollars, we were able to fund the purchases of both Van Dyke and Alisson. So thanks for that, but otherwise, don't let the door hit your bum on the way out. Buh Bye!

And some shit outlet says that Coutinho will not be returning to Anfield as he's on "another journey", apparently.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Doubt whether we would even seriously consider Cou. again.
At a bargain basement price it might look reasonable but I,for one would worry that after a few decent games the Spaniards might come sniffing,and we may well see a re run of last time.
That ship has sailed...move on!

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Doubt whether we would even seriously consider Cou. again.
At a bargain basement price it might look reasonable but I,for one would worry that after a few decent games the Spaniards might come sniffing,and we may well see a re run of last time.
That ship has sailed...move on!
We have moved on, even at a bargain price the risk to team harmony is too great.

He was a great player but the way he left is unforgivable. No problem with players leaving it happens but to hand in a transfer request the day before the season starts having fully committed to the club only a couple of weeks earlier in a deliberate attempt to unsettle the club and force through the move....get f*^ked never welcome here again and the reality is we dont need him anyway.

Good riddance to the all time biggest transfer flop in football history.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Ramsey had an injury-hit time in Italy? Who could have foreseen that? I'm sure all he needs is to return to the beautiful and forgiving English weather and his physical robustness will return.
Isn't it more they basically play at walking pace in Italy?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
We have moved on, even at a bargain price the risk to team harmony is too great.

He was a great player but the way he left is unforgivable. No problem with players leaving it happens but to hand in a transfer request the day before the season starts having fully committed to the club only a couple of weeks earlier in a deliberate attempt to unsettle the club and force through the move....get f*^ked never welcome here again and the reality is we dont need him anyway.

Good riddance to the all time biggest transfer flop in football history.
The reason I wouldn’t take Coutinho back is that he serves us more as a warning that your dream transfer to one of the Spanish giants could easily become a nightmare, while we go on to hoover up trophies.

That has more value than he could offer as a player.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
The reason I wouldn’t take Coutinho back is that he serves us more as a warning that your dream transfer to one of the Spanish giants could easily become a nightmare, while we go on to hoover up trophies.

Exactly! (As I think I said in the ex players thread). ;-)

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Him back at the club telling everyone the same may have a bigger impact? Expecially if he then puts in double the effort he did before?

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
UEFA banning City from European competition for 2 years will make it tougher for City to attract the best players now. Choosing to play for Klopp in the CL, versus City without CL is an easy decision.
They will be throwing some massive wage offers around trying to land players. They did the same thing early on in the Mansour era to try and fast forward their accent. They bought a lot of very expensive, mercenary type players who cost them a bucket load in wages and it ended up costing them a shed load when they had to cull those players out.

Also means they will have a fixture advantage over us as well. I'd rather be playing in Europe don't get me wrong but it is going to mean they have their very best team playing every league game without having to rest/rotate from the mid week Cl games which we will have to do in that same period. Could make our title defense a bit tougher.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
They will be throwing some massive wage offers around trying to land players. They did the same thing early on in the Mansour era to try and fast forward their accent. They bought a lot of very expensive, mercenary type players who cost them a bucket load in wages and it ended up costing them a shed load when they had to cull those players out.

Also means they will have a fixture advantage over us as well. I'd rather be playing in Europe don't get me wrong but it is going to mean they have their very best team playing every league game without having to rest/rotate from the mid week Cl games which we will have to do in that same period. Could make our title defense a bit tougher.
....and make them more at risk of further FFP sanctions.

.....and make their team filled with sub standard, over paid mercenaries ringing their half arsed performances in because they don't care about the team or success just their pay packet. Decent players who still want the money can go to other places and get paid a lot whilst playing at a high level.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Ramsey had an injury-hit time in Italy? Who could have foreseen that? I'm sure all he needs is to return to the beautiful and forgiving English weather and his physical robustness will return.
Such a lazy and expensive move that was. Juve getting him at the time on massive wages (regardless he was on a free), him only really playing one or two positions (depending on the system/players around), age, injuries. New manager in, a squad too big, etc. He's good when he's fit and finds rhythm, but doesn't really merit such an important role. It will never pay off for Juve.

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
From the BBC's rumours page ...
Liverpool are planning to swoop for RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner, 23, this summer and a fee of around £46m will be enough to sign him. (Bild)
Liverpool will battle Real Madrid for the signature of Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, 27, in the summer. (Star)
Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri admits Aaron Ramsey, 29, hasn't found things easy during his injury-hit time in Italy, prompting speculation of a return to the Premier League with Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea all linked. (Mirror) (Maybe it's like being in a foreign country.)

Other interesting but non-LFC stuff there:
Real Madrid have identified Everton's Moise Kean, 19, as a potential striker target. (Teamtalk) (Yeah, right.)
Borussia Dortmund will allow England forward Jadon Sancho, 19, to leave in the summer and are looking at transfer targets to replace him. (Telegraph) (I forsee an increase in activity in the pointless Sancho thread. If we even bid for him I'll show my a*** in Uniqlo's window.)
Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti, 60, is already eyeing an extended stay at Goodison Park despite only signing a lengthy contract in December. (Mail) (Well, that raised an eyebrow.)
And some shit outlet says that Coutinho will not be returning to Anfield as he's on "another journey", apparently.
Wow! That is a lot of shopping. I have no clue who we should take. You guys have convinced me on Timo Werner. Mi do like Sancho, he is young and can be moulded to Klopp's proto type.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
According to David Ornstein, it seems that Liverpool are indeed interested in Todd Cantwell. I'd be grateful if someone could post that snippet here. I've no doubts @Sweeting would be as well. ;)
Urgh I hope not, he looks like a rat and just falls on the floor at the slightest hint of contact.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Urgh I hope not, he looks like a rat and just falls on the floor at the slightest hint of contact.
He also has a silly goal celebration that is reminiscent of Lingard's. Other than ditching it, he should grow his hair longer and fill out in the gym a bit, the rest is there. Hopefully he wouldn't come expensive as well but I imagine him spending a season or two out on loan.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Ornstein:

Liverpool want £30m Cantwell

They may be reigning European champions and hurtling towards the Premier League title but Liverpool are already formulating plans to improve next season and The Athletic has learnt that the Anfield club have intensified their interest in signing Norwich midfielder Todd Cantwell.

Cantwell caught the eye on his Premier League debut at Anfield in August and Liverpool were among a host of teams to express admiration for the 21-year-old in the subsequent months.

Manchester City, Tottenham and Manchester United are also keen, but once the January transfer window closed Liverpool stepped up their pursuit and can now be considered front-runners.

Jurgen Klopp’s side were able to view Cantwell up close again during Saturday’s meeting at Carrow Road and it is thought he impressed members of the playing and coaching staff.

Regardless of whether they are relegated from the top flight, Norwich would likely seek around £30 million for the England Under-21 international, who has six goals and two assists in 27 games.

Sweeting

Just going off the top of my head, we haven't really signed anyone recently who has been linked in the press a long time out from the windows - have we?

Fabinho, Minamino, Adrian, van den Berg, Shaqiri, Alisson... I can't remember extensive reporting of our interest for any of them.

I'm just going to believe that Ornstein is correct, in that Cantwell is on our scouting lists (as he and any young player starting PL matches should be for any competent club), but that we have significantly better options we are looking at.

Dave-D

Cantwell 6 goals 2 assists in 1872 minutes with 22 starts and 4 sub appearances
Grealish 7 goals 7 assists in 2153 minutes with 24 starts and 0 sub appearances
Maddison 6 goals 5 assists in 2153 minutes with 24 starts and 1 sub appearance

Given the amount being banded about for Grealish and Maddison I wouldn’t have a problem with Liverpool signing Cantwell for 30 million. He has the raw abilities to be a Liverpool player and under the tutelage of Klopp he could well become a very important player.

Nikola

Admin
Just going off the top of my head, we haven't really signed anyone recently who has been linked in the press a long time out from the windows - have we?

Fabinho, Minamino, Adrian, van den Berg, Shaqiri, Alisson... I can't remember extensive reporting of our interest for any of them.

I'm just going to believe that Ornstein is correct, in that Cantwell is on our scouting lists (as he and any young player starting PL matches should be for any competent club), but that we have significantly better options we are looking at.
I for one don't think it's been easier to predict a player Liverpool might be interested in, at least not since I started following the club. I had a feeling about Minamino and Cantwell as well (admittedly, I only started watching Norwich because I thought Klopp would be interested in Lewis or Aarons but then Cantwell caught my eye, as well as Pukki and Buendia). Alisson was also a logical one but everyone expected him to join Real Madrid back then, while there were weak links with Adrian and Shaqiri if I'm not mistaken. Fabinho, Van den Berg and Minamino transfers did come out of the blue, though, literally no rumours linking them with Liverpool existed.

Like you, I still think Cantwell will end up at some other club in order to play regularly there but I don't see many clubs in PL whose tactics he'd fit. Hasenhüttl's football definitely, Klopp's football definitely (once he bulks up), maybe Rodgers' as well. If Liverpool do sign him, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sweeten the deal by sending Brewster on loan there, maybe one more young player like Woodburn, why not?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.

Yeah, that's proof that we work well (actually the interest in Ali was known for a good few months, Fabinho totally came out of the blue I think one day after Kiev, there were no links at all and there he was oficially announced). Actually can easily believe that we're interested and monitoring. But there's quite a difference between that and being front runners, etc. Like Ornstein says. Maybe he's just on our list.

Sweeting

I for one don't think it's been easier to predict a player Liverpool might be interested in, at least not since I started following the club. I had a feeling about Minamino and Cantwell as well (admittedly, I only started watching Norwich because I thought Klopp would be interested in Lewis or Aarons but then Cantwell caught my eye, as well as Pukki and Buendia). Alisson was also a logical one but everyone expected him to join Real Madrid back then, while there were weak links with Adrian and Shaqiri if I'm not mistaken. Fabinho, Van den Berg and Minamino transfers did come out of the blue, though, literally no rumours linking them with Liverpool existed.

Like you, I still think Cantwell will end up at some other club in order to play regularly there but I don't see many clubs in PL whose tactics he'd fit. Hasenhüttl's football definitely, Klopp's football definitely (once he bulks up), maybe Rodgers' as well. If Liverpool do sign him, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sweeten the deal by sending Brewster on loan there, maybe one more young player like Woodburn, why not?
Liverpool, meanwhile, have also been linked to Norwich City midfielder Todd Cantwell. It would be remiss of the club not to keep track of a player of his profile, but he is not considered an active target as things stand.

There is a determination not to block the pathway for the starlets already at Anfield like Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott.

Liverpool anticipate being concretely associated with many of the names they are scouting as practice rather than with an immediate intention to recruit in the build-up to the summer.

Yes lads.

Nikola

Admin