The Unreliable Rumours Thread

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Klopp tells it like it is:
Reduced to a peripheral role at Liverpool, Adam Lallana is expected to leave the club this summer and his former employers Southampton may take him back to St Mary’s. On loan at Leeds from Brighton, 22-year-old central defender Ben White is believed to have caught the eye of Jürgen Klopp, who has told reporters that some players have reservations about signing for Liverpool because they’re worried they won’t get into the team. “We need players who want to be part of this, who want to fight for their spot, who want to make the next step together with us, who want to develop and improve so that’s it,” he said, before tonight’s match against West Ham. “We have these players and whoever wants to join us, needs to have exactly this kind of attitude.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/24/football-transfer-rumours-bryan-cristante-arsenal

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
But have been performing at the necessary level for that since their first games under Klopp onwards.
Not sure that’s true of Firmino, tbh.

Anyway, I’m sure you understand the difference in trying to settle in a team that scrapping around six and trying to qualify for the CL, to a team trying to win every game.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Not sure that’s true of Firmino, tbh.

Anyway, I’m sure you understand the difference in trying to settle in a team that scrapping around six and trying to qualify for the CL, to a team trying to win every game.
Yep it means when we do need to add players in they tend to need to be better. That means there are less to choose from and we have to either get more and more creative or spend more money. Personally believe the noises coming out of the club about not looking to spend much are just the kind of thing we've been doing for awhile now to make sure selling clubs know we aren't desperate and won't spend more than we want. Obviously we will use our money intelligently but sometimes the intelligent thing is the more expensive purchase. VvD was the more intelligent purchase than Keane. Firmino was a more intelligent purchase than buying Balotelli was. We have whatever money we could want to action any plan Klopp would want to action but there is no way the club will put those signals out there.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Yep it means when we do need to add players in they tend to need to be better. That means there are less to choose from and we have to either get more and more creative or spend more money. Personally believe the noises coming out of the club about not looking to spend much are just the kind of thing we've been doing for awhile now to make sure selling clubs know we aren't desperate and won't spend more than we want. Obviously we will use our money intelligently but sometimes the intelligent thing is the more expensive purchase. VvD was the more intelligent purchase than Keane. Firmino was a more intelligent purchase than buying Balotelli was. We have whatever money we could want to action any plan Klopp would want to action but there is no way the club will put those signals out there.
You are setting yourself up for a massive disappointment.

And the difference between settling into a side scrapping for six is that dropping points doesn’t matter as much. Now we pretty much have to win all our games. We can’t carry passengers.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah, to be fair, Karius was good in that second part of the season heading to Kiev. Alisson is a totally different level, no need to compare them. But we don't have to immediately erase the good spells Loris had for us. I think he should aim of going back to Germany if he can (if there's interest), back to basics and rediscover new confidence in himself again. He'll probably always have a mistake or two in his locker, Kiev or no Kiev... but what can you do, thinking from his perspective. There's still years of playing career ahead of him, I just wish him good luck that he manages to find happiness.

Ron Swanson

Crazy attitude, he is one of the best goal scorers in our history and the league history. Unless he wants to leave we do everything to keep him here as he is in the top 5 players in the world. Any player we got to replace him bar Mbappe is a downgrade at this point.

If we signed Sancho this summer and then Salah leaves the summer after that would be kinda ok as well.
Not saying we will, I was saying IF we ever lost one of the front three I said Salah would be the least of the losses, still a massive loss but personally believe the other two are better players overall, just personal opinion. I would be absolutely amazed if we ever got Mbappe I just can't see that happening, not because we couldn't afford it, just seems unrealistic due to price, wages, signing on fee etc etc would be astronomical.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
But we don't have to immediately erase the good spells Loris had for us.
By the same token we shouldn't only remember his good spell and pretend that is how he performed for his whole Liverpool career.

On the whole he was a weak goalkeeper and has continued to be so after leaving.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Klopp tells it like it is:
Reduced to a peripheral role at Liverpool, Adam Lallana is expected to leave the club this summer and his former employers Southampton may take him back to St Mary’s. On loan at Leeds from Brighton, 22-year-old central defender Ben White is believed to have caught the eye of Jürgen Klopp, who has told reporters that some players have reservations about signing for Liverpool because they’re worried they won’t get into the team. “We need players who want to be part of this, who want to fight for their spot, who want to make the next step together with us, who want to develop and improve so that’s it,” he said, before tonight’s match against West Ham. “We have these players and whoever wants to join us, needs to have exactly this kind of attitude.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/24/football-transfer-rumours-bryan-cristante-arsenal
Interesting words from the Boss. He is sending a message and I love hearing this from him, nothing ambiguous or vague. These are his expectations, clear and concise. Im guessing defining player roles has been a challenge in recruitment.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Interesting words from the Boss. He is sending a message and I love hearing this from him, nothing ambiguous or vague. These are his expectations, clear and concise. Im guessing defining player roles has been a challenge in recruitment.
I think this has always been his position. Defining player roles shouldnt be that much of an issue for the recruitment team because it will be based on the player they want to sign and how they see them meeting the needs of the squad at the time. The issue as always will be whether our offer will be somethign the target is happy with.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I think this has always been his position. Defining player roles shouldnt be that much of an issue for the recruitment team because it will be based on the player they want to sign and how they see them meeting the needs of the squad at the time. The issue as always will be whether our offer will be somethign the target is happy with.
I think we said the same thing just used different words.:)

ptt

2020, head of the table.
BBC:

Real Madrid believe they will be able to sign Liverpool's Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 27, for £126m (€150m) after offloading Wales forward Gareth Bale, 30. (El Desmarque, via Express)

German champions Bayern Munich have been in contact with representatives of Liverpool's Brazil forward Roberto Firmino, 28. (Echo)

Meanwhile, Liverpool are in advanced talks with RB Leipzig and Germany striker Timo Werner, 23. (Express)

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
BBC:

Real Madrid believe they will be able to sign Liverpool's Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 27, for £126m (€150m) after offloading Wales forward Gareth Bale, 30. (El Desmarque, via Express)

German champions Bayern Munich have been in contact with representatives of Liverpool's Brazil forward Roberto Firmino, 28. (Echo)

Meanwhile, Liverpool are in advanced talks with RB Leipzig and Germany striker Timo Werner, 23. (Express)
I think £126M would buy his left boot lace, as for the rest of Salah - tell them they're dreaming

Not saying we will, I was saying IF we ever lost one of the front three I said Salah would be the least of the losses, still a massive loss but personally believe the other two are better players overall, just personal opinion. I would be absolutely amazed if we ever got Mbappe I just can't see that happening, not because we couldn't afford it, just seems unrealistic due to price, wages, signing on fee etc etc would be astronomical.
I really dont agree. Salah is always double marked and pulls defenders towards him creating space for the others, and still manages to be up there for the Golden boot ... he is a wonderful player and person and I cant see any combination of money and other players delivering better never mind the same...

Limiescouse

Personally I think Shaqiri leaves regardless, but yes, if Werner (or any forward) arrives the I think Origi will be off too providing he can find an appropriate club.
Given the way they've been used this season, we can likely improve the overall strength of the squad by replacing 3 little used players in Shaq, Origi and Lallana with 2 new attacking players. Examples of those two players might be Werner and Phil (don't shout).

RedSeven

On the one road
Given the way they've been used this season, we can likely improve the overall strength of the squad by replacing 3 little used players in Shaq, Origi and Lallana with 2 new attacking players. Examples of those two players might be Werner and Phil (don't shout).
I think we've already replaced one of them with Minamino, who should be up to speed for the start of next season.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Who is Rashica that the article on the main site is linking is with?
I would be stunned if we are seriously in for Rashica. There will be absolutely no shortage of suitors if Werder Bremen is serious about selling. I think they were telling clubs in January it would take 30M but I am reading conflicting reports he might have a release clause of 38M.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Think Minamino can replace Shaq and Werner can replace Origi, plus we'll get more minutes from Jones and Elliott next season too.

Scary for the rest of the league to think we are going to improve the depth of a currently undefeated squad:cool:

Think Minamino can replace Shaq and Werner can replace Origi, plus we'll get more minutes from Jones and Elliott next season too.

Scary for the rest of the league to think we are going to improve the depth of a currently undefeated squad:cool:
That's seems the most likely , but it would be a shame to lose Origi. He is a different type of player from Salah and Mane, so it is a different set of problems when he comes on.
I have not watched Werner play, is he like salah and mo (lightning fast, strong and great feet) or more physical and thundering like Origi ?

ptt

2020, head of the table.
That's seems the most likely , but it would be a shame to lose Origi. He is a different type of player from Salah and Mane, so it is a different set of problems when he comes on.
I have not watched Werner play, is he like salah and mo (lightning fast, strong and great feet) or more physical and thundering like Origi ?
Origi does present different problems. Mostly though “where’s he gone?” and “what’s he doing?” Absolute legend after the massive goals he has scored and every inch the big game player but too often awol on the pitch in ordinary games.