The Unreliable Rumours Thread

FGred

It is funny how it has gone quiet on the Shitty FFP charges of breaking the rules, if that is not a get out of jail card Handed to them and PSG by UEFA nothing is!

FGred

It's gone quiet because the hearing finished last week and now everyone's just awaiting the decision from CAS that's due in the first half of July.
I understand but what I was implying is the decision is academic with the Timely announcement of relaxation of the FFP rules?

FGred

No. There's no element of lex mitior here. Their conduct will still be judged according to the rules as they existed at the time.
Ah OK I hope you are right and that City will get charged for breaking the rules at the time.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Ah OK I hope you are right and that City will get charged for breaking the rules at the time.
The talk of relaxation would be applied to this accounting period that is affected by Coronavirus not just ignore all FFP completely.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
" @Kopstar I understood it. It wasn't great. " Much easier getting people to agree to something they want to hear. The clothes analogy you said just wasnt accurate of the situation and the point I made was exactly that, hence why my load of bullshit didnt work either ha. Its not like buying some clothes what so ever, which was my point. Pat yourselves on the back until the realisation that we wont be getting the 100 mill players yous for some reason, against all the evidence, believe will happen.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Not sure about you guys but I feel damn proud that I am supporting a club that has been at the very top of club football in the last 2 seasons without the need to splurge like the other big clubs did. When we spent, we spent prudently. When we needed to splurge, like for Alisson or VVD, the club did but I am proud that those are exceptions rather than norms. This of course can be attributed to our trust in Klopp and the entire management for being able to cut great deals, and yet bring it good players where Klopp and his coaching staff make them great. Why do we have to splurge? Do you all really believe we cannot spend 50mil on Werner? I believe we could but we just didn't think we need to. If we wanted to be prudent and spend only 20mil on one player, so be it. Because we can trust Klopp to bring in the damn best 20mil player and turn him into a great one. Does it work like that all the time? Maybe not but it has happened enough for us to stop buying the flavour of the week.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
" @Kopstar I understood it. It wasn't great. " Much easier getting people to agree to something they want to hear. The clothes analogy you said just wasnt accurate of the situation and the point I made was exactly that, hence why my load of bullshit didnt work either ha. Its not like buying some clothes what so ever, which was my point. Pat yourselves on the back until the realisation that we wont be getting the 100 mill players yous for some reason, against all the evidence, believe will happen.
Actually, my analogy was spot on. For some reason, however, you misinterpreted it. Just because the club doesn't spend £50m on Werner doesn't mean it doesn't have £50m to spend. Not complicated.

I've also never said that the club will be buying £100m players. Another thing you're mistaken about.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Not sure about you guys but I feel damn proud that I am supporting a club that has been at the very top of club football in the last 2 seasons without the need to splurge like the other big clubs did. When we spent, we spent prudently. When we needed to splurge, like for Alisson or VVD, the club did but I am proud that those are exceptions rather than norms. This of course can be attributed to our trust in Klopp and the entire management for being able to cut great deals, and yet bring it good players where Klopp and his coaching staff make them great. Why do we have to splurge? Do you all really believe we cannot spend 50mil on Werner? I believe we could but we just didn't think we need to. If we wanted to be prudent and spend only 20mil on one player, so be it. Because we can trust Klopp to bring in the damn best 20mil player and turn him into a great one. Does it work like that all the time? Maybe not but it has happened enough for us to stop buying the flavour of the week.
I'd simplify it. We have an amazing transfer department that looks at skills needed on the pitch for us, skills/attributes players of other clubs have and a stringent personality appraisal of potential signings. This means we can make sure that every time we buy a player we are buying the right player. Sometimes they'll be under the radar and underappreciated like Robertson, sometimes they'll be the most expensive CB in the world. But because we buy well we don't have to buy as often and because we don't pay attention to how glamorous a signing is a lot of our signings are cheaper than they could be which means we probably always have more financial room to maneuver than we ever actually need to take. Buy the right player instead of the most headline grabbing player and you end up having to replace less players in the long run. That's not to say we won't or can't sign headline grabbing players but they need to be the right player, we arent signing them just to create buzz and headlines.

Vishy

TIA New Signing
If there is one club I would target for signings, it would be Wolves. They could be our next Southampton.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
Actually, my analogy was spot on. For some reason, however, you misinterpreted it. Just because the club doesn't spend £50m on Werner doesn't mean it doesn't have £50m to spend. Not complicated.

I've also never said that the club will be buying £100m players. Another thing you're mistaken about.
You replied to a guy who said if we cant afford werner for 50 mill forget about sancho/mbappe with the clothes analogy. Its not as simple as that is it. Whats all the other things im "mistaken about"? Your opinion isnt fact mate an neithers mine but it makes more sense to me that if we dont want to spend 50 mill now, we wont be spending 100 mill in the near future. The argument people are coming out with about waiting for the perfect fit or player no matter the cost is just wishful thinking. We dont need a "final" or "perfect" piece at this moment. We have an amazing squad, we need players who are ready to go when the first teamers start to wane.

Red over the water

Most people are saying they expect a quiet window. The club appears to be adopting a wait and see approach.

We are delving into the Werner thing and making definitive statements without knowing all the facts. My take is good player, it seemed we wanted him, then we went cold on it. Why? New economic climate with covid definitely a factor. Anything else? Maybe, hence the speculation on a football forum. Maybe we were waiting for the price to come down more, in keeping with what we think represents value in this market? But then Chelsea got in there. Maybe we have our eye on another player who we prefer over Werner? Maybe the deal will be financially structured so we could do it? Maybe the player is so desirable that we extend ourselves to make it happen?

I haven’t seen anyone discussing this in bad faith. No one patting themselves on the back or antagonizing others, or anything like that. The coat analogies all add the the rich tapestry that is the forum!

We will probably have a quiet window. But a little speculation is all part of the game. Personally I’m relaxed either way as we are in a great position, both with the team we have, and the excellent youngsters knocking on the door.

In the meantime, can’t wait for the action to resume and I hope we smash the bitters!

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
Most people are saying they expect a quiet window. The club appears to be adopting a wait and see approach.

We are delving into the Werner thing and making definitive statements without knowing all the facts. My take is good player, it seemed we wanted him, then we went cold on it. Why? New economic climate with covid definitely a factor. Anything else? Maybe, hence the speculation on a football forum. Maybe we were waiting for the price to come down more, in keeping with what we think represents value in this market? But then Chelsea got in there. Maybe we have our eye on another player who we prefer over Werner? Maybe the deal will be financially structured so we could do it? Maybe the player is so desirable that we extend ourselves to make it happen?

I haven’t seen anyone discussing this in bad faith. No one patting themselves on the back or antagonizing others, or anything like that. The coat analogies all add the the rich tapestry that is the forum!

We will probably have a quiet window. But a little speculation is all part of the game. Personally I’m relaxed either way as we are in a great position, both with the team we have, and the excellent youngsters knocking on the door.

In the meantime, can’t wait for the action to resume and I hope we smash the bitters!
The attitude towards the whole whole werner saga has really annoyed me prob more than it should ha. It seems a lot of people were thinking up negatives to the transfer to fit their own agenda, rather than looking at the positives. We may never of been seriously interested but Ive never seen as much smoke without there being fire. Missing out on a player because we dont want to pay the amount asked in this financial climate is fine but in the same financial climate people surely dont expect us to go for a player who costs twice as much. I apologies to anyone ive lashed out on and it does look like ive done that. @Anfield rd Dreamer an I havent seen eye to eye at all on this. It seemed any positive would get the exact same reply without the positive points being addressed and thats the part that annoyed me but the way i put across a point sometimes prob does seem confrontational which I am sorry about. I'll have to just stay away from the transfer threads i think for my own and everyone elses sanity ha.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
You replied to a guy who said if we cant afford werner for 50 mill forget about sancho/mbappe with the clothes analogy. Its not as simple as that is it. Whats all the other things im "mistaken about"? Your opinion isnt fact mate an neithers mine but it makes more sense to me that if we dont want to spend 50 mill now, we wont be spending 100 mill in the near future. The argument people are coming out with about waiting for the perfect fit or player no matter the cost is just wishful thinking. We dont need a "final" or "perfect" piece at this moment. We have an amazing squad, we need players who are ready to go when the first teamers start to wane.
But the 100 million purchase may not need as much paying in the first installment this season. The deal for Werner needed paying in full within this next season.

Red over the water

The attitude towards the whole whole werner saga has really annoyed me prob more than it should ha. It seems a lot of people were thinking up negatives to the transfer to fit their own agenda, rather than looking at the positives. We may never of been seriously interested but Ive never seen as much smoke without there being fire. Missing out on a player because we dont want to pay the amount asked in this financial climate is fine but in the same financial climate people surely dont expect us to go for a player who costs twice as much. I apologies to anyone ive lashed out on and it does look like ive done that. @Anfield rd Dreamer an I havent seen eye to eye at all on this. It seemed any positive would get the exact same reply without the positive points being addressed and thats the part that annoyed me but the way i put across a point sometimes prob does seem confrontational which I am sorry about. I'll have to just stay away from the transfer threads i think for my own and everyone elses sanity ha.
It’s all good mate!

Just think how good it will feel when Van Dijk clatters Richarlison for his big mouth, and young Harvey comes off the bench to add the fifth goal against Everton. Get in.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
But the 100 million purchase may not need as much paying in the first installment this season. The deal for Werner needed paying in full within this next season.
I think its more likely to be lower key signings who can be bred in before our current team players wane or get sold.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Sane not signing a deal at City so they will sell him.
Great player but wants the easy life playing Championship standard teams in Bundesliga.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I think its more likely to be lower key signings who can be bred in before our current team players wane or get sold.
I've said all along that I don't think we should make any big deals this summer but from a moralistic point of view. There are clubs and even leagues that will be under threat of going under. People could still be dying in their hundreds every day and countries may be experiencing economic collapses.

But from a financial point most deals are done under payment structures and it won't actually be deals made this summer that the club will be feeling the strain on. Players like Alisson probably won't be fully paid off yet, there will still be payments due to Roma in all likelihood that we will still have to make.

A purchase this summer (unless its activating a clause like Werner was) will most likely be using future money for the vast majority of it. Edwards is a savvy enough negotiator to get the deal under the terms we want with 90% of clubs out there and most of the other 10% probably wouldn't deal with us right now anyway.

But we are a strong enough outfit that even if we don't recruit we will still be one of the favourites for the league next year. We've got a damn near perfect squad if nobody we want to keep leaves with only 2 arguable areas that need attention (LB back up and LF as close to the level of our front 3 as possible in my eyes).

We can cope playing 433 with majority of our games and switching 4231 when we have availability issues sometimes. 4231 Liverpool can still beat any team on its day. I don't think we will be as imperious as we've been this season if we don't recruit but I still fancy our chances.

Who knows it might be the circumstances that allow someone like Elliott, Brewster, Jones or even Wilson to do what Alexander-Arnold did at RB and by this time next year one or two of them could be seen as a top class attacker and deep in our rotation (the way Origi and Shaqiri haven't really managed). Heres hoping anyway.

NYRhockey

ha, it's like some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something.

We didn't buy Werner, it happens, but somehow that translates into we're not buying anyone....possibly ever.

Maybe some of the older folks will know/remember, but when was the last time this team was in THIS good of a position, both on and off the field? Sitting on top of the football world, on very stable financial ground with a remodeled / expanded stadium and new academy.

But wait, we didn't get Werner.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
ha, it's like some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something.

We didn't buy Werner, it happens, but somehow that translates into we're not buying anyone....possibly ever.

Maybe some of the older folks will know/remember, but when was the last time this team was in THIS good of a position, both on and off the field? Sitting on top of the football world, on very stable financial ground with a remodeled / expanded stadium and new academy.

100% and add into that current Champions League Champions (Champions of Europe), World Champions and about to win the Premier League (Champions of England’s).

So basically we are the best team in the world (factually) and we didn’t make any signings last summer...

Sweeting

I don't know about anyone else but I actually find it interesting to watch players that I think we previously would have been interested in and think "you're shite".

You've got to be really good to get a game here now and even most of the players in the other Top 4 teams wouldn't get in our squad.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I don't know about anyone else but I actually find it interesting to watch players that I think we previously would have been interested in and think "you're shite".

You've got to be really good to get a game here now and even most of the players in the other Top 4 teams wouldn't get in our squad.

Good luck Chelsea :)

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member

I often think like that but then counter that with a feeling of sorrow for the player with the knowledge that if we had signed them they would now be exactly what we'd hopped due to the brilliance of Klopp and his coaching team.

nikz200

When we didn't spend last summer, the majority of fans were on board. Of course there would be one or two who complain or voice their concern but i do not see why thats a bad thing? I was certainly one of the fans who was onboard with keeping the squad together and there was no need to add anything really.

We are not Liverpool management or people working inside the team, we are fans, and fans voice their opinions. I don't think being concerned about squad quality or wondering if the team is going to buy anyone is a bad thing. There are different types of people who have different things about how they support or like the team. If there is a section of fans calling for FSG out over this, i would say they are overreacting to a situation that doesn't even warrant an overtly overreaction. But is it really bad to say "we want the team to build from a position of strength"

I can respect peoples opinion and i can respect the clubs actions in regards to transfers. But if i feel that uneasy about something it would be good to talk about it. Its not complaining its legitimate reasoning and therefore its valid. Again why is it about Timo Werner when the argument is about recruitment in general? A lot of fans on the forum have said there is most likely to be no in bound transfers due to covID issues and i simply bring up a point against that, does that make it unhappiness? Or is it just general concern for next season?

Either way we still need to finish this season on a high first anyway, so in that sense, i might have jumped the gun on all this transfer talk and what not, but i would not say that fans wanting the team to recruit and voicing that they want that is wrong or considered moaning.