• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I for one am sad to see Degsy leave. He is human after all, with emotions and feelings. He was at one time our first choice and gave us everything he had. He was always limited but he gave us everything he could. He also had an absolute legend World Cup run. Just somewhere along the way he lost almost all of his composure. Good luck Degsy and thank you for everything.
I'll miss him. However, while VVD has inspired and improved us through his skill and leadership, I feel Lovren has pushed us on through his mishaps...his self destructive performance against Spurs which inspired an amazing defensive record breaking run, and his near red card in the first 10 minutes against Middlesborough the final game of the season a few years ago which we eventually won to clinch a return to the Champion's League are just two moments in his long career with us that immediately stand out in my mind.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
This lad Ben White, his name has been popping up for a while regarding Liverpool. Anyone seen him play regularly?

Red over the water

Good luck to Degsy as he moves on. Good business all round. We get a little cash and wages off the books for a player who is now way down the pecking order, and he gets a change of scenery and a chance to sample a new city, while presumably playing more than he has done here for a good while.

Who do we bring in?

In some ways I could justify another senior central defender, even one who costs a few bob, given Matip's injury record. With Degsy gone and Matip unreliable, not as a player but in terms of being available, all of a sudden it looks a little light back there.

Fabinho could do a good job, but that should be reserved for an emergency situation.

Then again we might go for a younger lad. The tall left footed one at Bournemouth (forgot his name, was it Kelly?) who can also cover left back might be worth a go. But I'm confident Edwards will have options aplenty, at all levels of the market, and the average fan like me will have only heard of a quarter of them!

Dave-D

This lad Ben White, his name has been popping up for a while regarding Liverpool. Anyone seen him play regularly?
I have...........

Seen him play once not that long ago and he got MoTM played very well, can’t remember who it was against tho could’ve been Fulham.

Brighton have put at 35 million price tag on his head

Alright Now

But the six million dollar question is... Does he have a left foot?
I don’t know, but we need to buy this!

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I don’t know, but we need to buy this!

This Burkina Faso shirt and the new Cameroon shirts are incredible.

Red Submarine

We've won the fucking lot.
Haha he does have a left foot! But Leverkusen only signed him in January, for around 18M, so I wouldn’t know why they’d be looking to move him on already. Absolutely a Klopp player, however.
He might have banged someone's wife? Maybe John Terry was his idol as he grew up?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I figured this one was too good to be true! This lad is a budding star in BL and major shout to Leverkusen scouting department for the signing. Certainly a player to keep your eye on.
Yep, only seen him a few times and he's impressed me. Even when they got battered 4-0 by Wolfsburg (or Werder, or someone else, I can't remember) he stood out to me. Has all the attributes necessary.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Saw on the Beeb gossip page Mo was pretty noncommittal. Nothing story, and not an outlet I’m familiar with, but it is the unreliable rumours thread! Anyway, Mo is great and I hope he stays. But if he wants a big money move and we swoop for Sancho and Havertz, I’ll get over it.
I saw that too. My first thought was, here we go already, clubs trying to disrupt the Champions.

Here is the blurb:
Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah, 28, said "no-one knows the future and what will happen" when asked about his future at the club. (La FM Colombia - video)

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
What he says is the truth. We love him, he loves us. He might want to go do some other stuff. He might have other ambitions. We might receive a ridiculous bid like 250mil pounds for him .

Barring some scenarios, I believe he wants to stay in Liverpool and the feeling is mutual.

Alright Now

Doesnt sound like he’s leaving to me. Thankfully. A Mo in hand is better than Havertz and Sancho in the bush.

“Great, a great feeling to win the Premier League with the club after 30 years," he told the BBC. "It’s a dream come true.

"We need to keep the hunger for next season as well because next season is going to be more difficult than this one. Other teams will try to strike back again to win titles.

"But I think the hunger can drive us again to win another trophy and another one. Hopefully we can do that. We have to fight for that, that has to be the main target.

"I think the next season for myself, when I see the situation right now, it will be really difficult. I think more difficult than this one because the hunger when you win something – you win the Champions League, you win the Premier League – and when you win something it takes from your hunger.

"So the thing is, now we have to change that mentality. You have to find the point in your head that drives you forward and keep that hunger for next season and still after.

"I don’t know why we can’t win the Premier League two times or three times. It’s only in our head. I think if you keep that hunger and we fight with all we have, it will be OK to do it next season, it will be possible."

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers

Said this quite some time ago - he’s better than Maddison imo.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Said this quite some time ago - he’s better than Maddison imo.
has previously spent time on loan at MK Dons, Barnsley and West Brom.
Yep, ticks all the boxes ;)

While it would be an interesting move, I can't see this being that likely - Leicester aren't going to let him go cheaply, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.