The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Red over the water

Ake is a decent player, but City need a tough guy back there, say Koulibaly. I'm not overly bothered if they sign Ake.

The business Chelsea are doing looks suspicious.

Dave-D

Might be the perfect time to go bargain hunting at Bournemouth as they still owe 81 million in transfer fee. Fire sale

big noyd

forgot about ryan fraser bailing on bournemouth, he looks even worse for that now

Dave-D

forgot about ryan fraser bailing on bournemouth, he looks even worse for that now
Why because he didn’t want to put his future in doubt for a team that didn’t sell him in the summer.
He done what Klopp did for Lallana.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Would depend on if Ake thought he was good enough to start next to VVD, Lloyd Kelly if Liverpool were still interested.
Ake is pretty much set for City. If we were interested it won't be at firesale price. I doubt us being interested in Kelly....bournmeouth would want a fee higher than we were willing to pay last year

Herb

On Lloyd Kelly, not sure he’s as much of a safe bet as people seem to think. Only managed 8 appearances all season off the back of two bad injuries, not exactly the kind of sample size that would convince you he’s absolutely ready to come here and deputise regularly for Robbo and VVD.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
On Lloyd Kelly, not sure he’s as much of a safe bet as people seem to think. Only managed 8 appearances all season off the back of two bad injuries, not exactly the kind of sample size that would convince you he’s absolutely ready to come here and deputise regularly for Robbo and VVD.
Plus they got him because they were offering more than we thought he was worth so we declined the opportunity to up our bid to match/better theirs. Hard to see how our valuation of him would have gone up and surely they'll need at least the fee they paid back if not a profit. My prediction is he'll stay there as one of the few that form the foundation of their new side in the Championship after some of their more attractive talents have been poached thus stabilising their books. Whether that team will be good enough to get promoted back again 1st or 2nd time of asking isn't really so predictable.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Plus we'd still completely lose the attaking potency from left back that Robbo gives and frightens opposition. He'd just be like Gomez or Millie out there and imo we need somebody that's similar to Robbo in size, speed and athleticism so that our style doesn't suffer as much as it does currently.
Obviously that's easier said then done. Kelly as a lcb only if the club deem him good enough for lovrens spot but not left back we need for me anyway.

Richard88

Plus they got him because they were offering more than we thought he was worth so we declined the opportunity to up our bid to match/better theirs. Hard to see how our valuation of him would have gone up and surely they'll need at least the fee they paid back if not a profit. My prediction is he'll stay there as one of the few that form the foundation of their new side in the Championship after some of their more attractive talents have been poached thus stabilising their books. Whether that team will be good enough to get promoted back again 1st or 2nd time of asking isn't really so predictable.
Kelly reportedly turned down Liverpool to play first-team football, which was fair enough, but now he'll get to play in the Championship instead of having a PL winners medal and featuring as a backup for Robertson/VVD reasonably frequently. That decision doesn't look so good for him right about now.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Kelly reportedly turned down Liverpool to play first-team football, which was fair enough, but now he'll get to play in the Championship instead of having a PL winners medal and featuring as a backup for Robertson/VVD reasonably frequently. That decision doesn't look so good for him right about now.
I'm not so sure. If we'd really wanted him we could have easily outbid a side like Bournemouth and would he have still turned us down if it meant staying put? Things are usually more complicated than that and maybe his lack of enthusiasm for coming here is one reason we didn't value him so highly as to match/beat the Bournemouth bid which was reported to be significantly higher than ours? Just don't see how he's increased in desirability. Klopp is very particular on wanting players here who want to be here.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I personally don't think we'll be looking at or buying a left sided CB type who can also play LB,when it comes to covering the LB position (e.g Kelly/Ake),if we don't find an actual attacking LB then i'd be more inclined to think that we'd sign more of a left sided midfielder type with some defensive skills who can be taught to defend.

Putting a Kelly or Ake type of defender at LB would totally shut down any attacking threat from the wing and fuck up 50% of our attacking play,i don't see it myself.

[email protected]

Thats our window done and dusted

Will be a queue around the block for Ake
Never got the hype around Ake. I mean he's alright, he'd be a decent rotational choice to have but a queue around the block? Not a dig at you in particular mate, that seems to be the general opinion in any case and I just can't see why. Could be the Gullit type hair, I suppose.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I personally don't think we'll be looking at or buying a left sided CB type who can also play LB,when it comes to covering the LB position (e.g Kelly/Ake),if we don't find an actual attacking LB then i'd be more inclined to think that we'd sign more of a left sided midfielder type with some defensive skills who can be taught to defend.

Putting a Kelly or Ake type of defender at LB would totally shut down any attacking threat from the wing and fuck up 50% of our attacking play,i don't see it myself.
Yeah, I agree with this. I'm a fan of Philipp Max as a close like for like competition for Robertson who already plays as a left back but if we consider a midfielder that could be converted into an attacking left back I really like Dwight McNeil of Burnley.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Yeah, I agree with this. I'm a fan of Philipp Max as a close like for like competition for Robertson who already plays as a left back but if we consider a midfielder that could be converted into an attacking left back I really like Dwight McNeil of Burnley.

God, the music though...

Sweeting

Never got the hype around Ake. I mean he's alright, he'd be a decent rotational choice to have but a queue around the block? Not a dig at you in particular mate, that seems to be the general opinion in any case and I just can't see why. Could be the Gullit type hair, I suppose.
I find Ake to be a bit wild. He's good at pretty much everything but he's not a particularly strong presence and I think he's rash and positionally gets exposed at times. He plays like a midfielder moved to CB - because that's what he is.

He's a perfectly fine 2nd defender for a top 6 club, so if we did go in for him then playing him next to van Dijk would be fine. He's very far from a "can't miss" signing though.

For City, he's more of an Otamendi than a Laporte.

Sweeting

Yep, shithouse move but then his head went over a year ago. He's got to sort it out if he's going to play top level again.
Fraser probably expected interest from Arsenal, Liverpool et al. but it now more likely he will go to either Crystal Palace or West Ham.

He's had one good season his whole career and thought he could turn that into being a Champions League calibre player.

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
Me too. I think it's the hair, the resemblance to Gullit and he is elegant on the ball but physically lacking IMO to be an imposing cb for a team challenging for the title. He might put some muscle but he needs to improve other aspects of his game too.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I would think the implication from that list is that these are names we would be actively looking to move on. The only one on there with any likelihood of playing for the first team is Shaqiri, and given his injury record, and lack of selection, i'm guessing he may have asked the club to let him go if they get a reasonable offer for him.

Adrian may leave if he wants to be a starter again, but i think the club would love to keep him another season. Likewise, Origi although not the best fit for us style wise, is liked by the coaching staff and players so we wouldnt be looking to move him on, but will consider offers for him.
Quoted in unreliable as your post may be removed from twitter thread.

Origi cast doubt on being here long term with some of his actions at the end of the season, almost like he knew he wouldn't be returning to Anfield etc but till then I was under the assumption he would be staying a year and we wouldn't do much incoming business. Not so sure anymore, even in a depleted market we've a lot of potential outgoings and we'd be buying and selling in same depleted market and could structure paymentssmartly. There's been a lot of speculation on Adrian going to Spain. Wouldn't surprise me but hoping if he does we end up with someone better not worse.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I'd h
Quoted in unreliable as your post may be removed from twitter thread.

Origi cast doubt on being here long term with some of his actions at the end of the season, almost like he knew he wouldn't be returning to Anfield etc but till then I was under the assumption he would be staying a year and we wouldn't do much incoming business. Not so sure anymore, even in a depleted market we've a lot of potential outgoings and we'd be buying and selling in same depleted market and could structure paymentssmartly. There's been a lot of speculation on Adrian going to Spain. Wouldn't surprise me but hoping if he does we end up with someone better not worse.
I can't find that article on Goal's site, please post it if you can. That said, I expect literally all players named there to leave the club this summer, although some might only do it temporarily. The question is whether Origi is among them - only he, Lovren and Shaqiri played for Liverpool over the past two years out of that bunch.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I'd h

I can't find that article on Goal's site, please post it if you can. That said, I expect literally all players named there to leave the club this summer, although some might only do it temporarily. The question is whether Origi is among them - only he, Lovren and Shaqiri played for Liverpool over the past two years out of that bunch.
In the "Liverpool's likely summer exits" section of this round up article (although worth keeping in mind I don't actually believe he has much inside knowledge);