• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

i look at this and you could be forgiven for thinking a Young Ronaldinho
Get this lad in, he's a magician, and seems to have his basics right too, going with a tall and physical frame. Imagine what he could become under the guidance of Kloppo... :oops:

I'm actually surprised that he hasn't been already picked up by Real, Barca or Cheaty!

FGred

Get this lad in, he's a magician, and seems to have his basics right too, going with a tall and physical frame. Imagine what he could become under the guidance of Kloppo... :oops:

I'm actually surprised that he hasn't been already picked up by Real, Barca or Cheaty!
Can you imagine that guy in tandem with Bobby I just hope he has a Portuguese passport no need for a work permit?
I’ve replayed it again and just realized he is as good with both feet!

Richard88

Hmmm sounds extreme but could it be;

Kabak, Mandi, Tsimikas, Thiago and Magno in along with Brewster back from loan.

Departures of Karius, Lovren, Phillips, Matip, Clyne, Larouci, Wijnaldum, Ejaria, Lallana, Shaqiri, Wilson, Woodburn, Ojo, Awoniyi and Origi.

We could actually end up with an improved, younger squad, setting us up for years to come (except for CM/DM which would be an area needing attention in a couple more seasons) whilst also raising more in sales than spent helping any covid financial hangover.

Not sure i do believe Klopp would go for so much change to a winning side but sides do have a more limited shelf life than is sometimes understood and a huge shakeup might be whats needed to kick on further.
I doubt we'd bring in both Kabak and Mandi since they play the same position. I'd be happy with Tsimikas, Kabak, and Thiago and leave it at that. Give Brewster an opportunity to take Origi's place.

Magno looks like a classic case of a kid who looks great at youth level due to being much more physically developed than other 17-18 year olds.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I doubt we'd bring in both Kabak and Mandi since they play the same position. I'd be happy with Tsimikas, Kabak, and Thiago and leave it at that. Give Brewster an opportunity to take Origi's place.

Magno looks like a classic case of a kid who looks great at youth level due to being much more physically developed than other 17-18 year olds.
Don't know enough about the player to be able to form an opinion but Klopp and the recruitment team appear to have been right about Mbappe and Dembele (before the Barca move wrecked his health and attitude) and if this is a similar move I wouldn't be betting against them.

I have a feeling if there's any truth to the rumours PSG want Matip I just don't see us or him rejecting that kind of money. Looking at one of Mandi or Kabak to kick on and step up as 3rd choice gives us 2 throws of the dice to get it right for a fraction of what we'd have coming in from Matip and Lovren sales. Fabinho around as emergency if either/both of them struggle to settle/adapt and Hoever around too for competition.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
If we actually did sell Matip for 50 million I think it's likely we'd go for Ben White before those two. Huge potential and fills a homegrown slot too. Brighton will hold out for a fortune for him which makes the move unlikely but I'm sure I've seen him being name dropped in an article or two from the reliable journos.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I don’t think there is any chance in the world Watford is selling Sarr this Summer. And if they do, there is zero point zero chance we are in for him. Watford are cheap bastards but they are in no desperate need for cash. Of course anything is possible and all it takes is one desperate club, but Watford also know Sarr’s value will only continue to rise so for another club to get him right now they’ll likely want at least double what they paid for him last summer, IMO.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Can you imagine that guy in tandem with Bobby I just hope he has a Portuguese passport no need for a work permit?
I’ve replayed it again and just realized he is as good with both feet!
We are no longer a club that takes a punt on a guy valued at 45m and playing in the South American league. You just don't take those sorts of risks unless you have money to burn. We are right now at the pinnacle in the football world. Which makes us shopping mainly for 3 types of targets:

1. Very young players to bring through the academy
2. Low wage low transfer second string players who come to the club knowing they probably wont be first pick
3. Out and out top shelf players that are here to compete/displace a current 'first team' player. Right now with the squad as of today I don't think we are shopping in this category as we don't have room for such a player. The only situation where this could potentially change is with a sale of one of our better players (eg Gini)

Unless the valuation reported is not even in the ballpark then I would drop dead with shock if we were chasing a 18yo player in a S.American league for 45m. We would more likely go after him if he proves himself with at least a couple of good years in Europe, even if that adds 30m to his price tag.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I don’t think there is any chance in the world Watford is selling Sarr this Summer. And if they do, there is zero point zero chance we are in for him. Watford are cheap bastards but they are in no desperate need for cash. Of course anything is possible and all it takes is one desperate club, but Watford also know Sarr’s value will only continue to rise so for another club to get him right now they’ll likely want at least double what they paid for him last summer, IMO.
True but will Sarr, a young, upcoming player, want to stick for a year in Championship after showing he can be a full-fledged Premier League player? Maybe there are other better or more cost-effective options than him but I like him a lot, financial ins and outs might make him an attainable player this summer and an upgrade on Origi, more than anyone else. That said, I think that Liverpool don't enjoy a good working relationship with Watford owners since they tried to buy Zielinski from Udinese, so that might be a no-go from the very start.

If we actually did sell Matip for 50 million I think it's likely we'd go for Ben White before those two. Huge potential and fills a homegrown slot too. Brighton will hold out for a fortune for him which makes the move unlikely but I'm sure I've seen him being name dropped in an article or two from the reliable journos.
These days (or years?!), you'd actually start to think that Liverpool won't be signing a player if he gets linked and Paul Joyce doesn't tweet about the schedule of his medical within two days. Maybe White will be the one Liverpool move for instead of Kabak, mainly because of that homegrown quota, who knows, but I still expect a Lovren replacement this summer and Matip replacement the next one. He's a good player in my book but his injuries are rendering him obsolete.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
True but will Sarr, a young, upcoming player, want to stick for a year in Championship after showing he can be a full-fledged Premier League player? Maybe there are other better or more cost-effective options than him but I like him a lot, financial ins and outs might make him an attainable player this summer and an upgrade on Origi, more than anyone else. That said, I think that Liverpool don't enjoy a good working relationship with Watford owners since they tried to buy Zielinski from Udinese, so that might be a no-go from the very start.

These days (or years?!), you'd actually start to think that Liverpool won't be signing a player if he gets linked and Paul Joyce doesn't tweet about the schedule of his medical within two days. Maybe White will be the one Liverpool move for instead of Kabak, mainly because of that homegrown quota, who knows, but I still expect a Lovren replacement this summer and Matip replacement the next one. He's a good player in my book but his injuries are rendering him obsolete.
Are not Chelsea interested in White and determined to out bid us ?

iftikhar

It's very similar to the way you pronounce the last "c" in Italian surnames like (Toto) Schillaci, (Fabio) Paratici etc. :) Vast majority of Serbian surnames end in "ić", by the way.
So it's like Grujich and not Grujik.

nikz200

The only reason Sarr might not be possible is because of the valuation Watford would set for him, otherwise a player like that would not stay in the championship. Watford need money badly, their wage bill is something that will take a hit without the premier league money and their squad in general is in need of drastic rebuild from the ground up. I would say Sarr is definitely one of the players up for grabs in their squad given the wages he is on as well. If you tell me that Sarr is available for 35 mil pounds, i would say its almost a no brainer for a attacking winger with his pace and skill set. If your saying they want anything north of 50 mil? They can go fly a kite. Watford are not exactly in a favourable position anyway, plus no coach. The story has been told before in this situation, the question is how many clubs will be involved in the pricing.....

JMac8

The only reason Sarr might not be possible is because of the valuation Watford would set for him, otherwise a player like that would not stay in the championship. Watford need money badly, their wage bill is something that will take a hit without the premier league money and their squad in general is in need of drastic rebuild from the ground up. I would say Sarr is definitely one of the players up for grabs in their squad given the wages he is on as well. If you tell me that Sarr is available for 35 mil pounds, i would say its almost a no brainer for a attacking winger with his pace and skill set. If your saying they want anything north of 50 mil? They can go fly a kite. Watford are not exactly in a favourable position anyway, plus no coach. The story has been told before in this situation, the question is how many clubs will be involved in the pricing.....
I’d go to £50m. He’s top drawer. One of the best performers against us this season.

He’ll have Mané to ‘take care’ of him!

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
The Watford owners dont care what others think. They will do what they want.

jackh1092

Twitter rumours that Evan N'Dicka from Eintracht Frankfurt is on our shortlist for the 4th choice CB position.

Anyone got much on him? Found this on him anyway.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
@Koon to the rescue?
Man, I really need to check the forums everyday lol. Sorry.

I haven't seen too much on Talles Magno except for NT youth, but I asked a friend who's a Vasco supporter. He told me he is a complete attacker. Can play LW and CF. He is strong, a good dribbler in tight spaces but his best trait is quick thinking and decision making. They regard him as a star at Vasco and NT. Something like a younger Ronaldo Nazário (former Inter/Barcelona/Real Madrid/Brazil WC winner). When Ronaldo was young, he used to play as LW for Cruzeiro, he was not a striker until later in his carreer.

The best thing about this news is that Vasco are in a very dire situation in terms of finances. A few months ago they didn't even have money to pay common bills like energy or water. Now they are a bit better but still after maybe a decade of very bad administration they are on the brink of bankruptcy and need money. I doubt it would require a lot to buy Talles.

With all that being said, I couldn't find any reliable Brazilian source. It all comes from Daily Mirror and I think Klopp doesn't like to buy players directly from South America. It would be really nice, though. Talles looks like a hot prospect.

Last edited:

jackh1092

Nothing lasts forever and everybody goes somewhere. (Courtesy of Trite&Pithy.com).
Joking aside, why are they going nowhere? If we get a very good offer for either player, it would be sensible to to take it given that neither of them are essential to the way the team functions.
Gini is incredibly important to how our side functions.

Matip's downside is fitness, but he's arguably our 2nd best CB, not long-term but here + now. Given the lack of quality CBs in the world, how do we go about getting 2 news ones if we let Matip go? Seems daft to let him go he cost us nothing and has proven a great signing..

Status
Not open for further replies.