• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Seems the type of link where his agent uses our name without anything behind it..
The Magno link screams ‘agent trying to drum up interest’.
I mentioned a few months back that there were two kids that Liverpool were being linked with and that those links seemed real to me. Magno was one of them. I still have that feeling, perhaps it's unfounded but Liverpool probably need a younger left winger with trickery and industry, which Magno seems to be judging by reports. Obviously, I haven't seen him play, so I can't compare him to, say, Sarr but I'm definitely paying attention to this rumour.

Joe Gomez x

I’m not keen. 20 million at the cheapest where we paid nothing for Harvey basically. Plus does the lad have a European passport, if he does not he can’t kick a ball for us for 2/3 seasons. Another Allan situation. This is the type of player Real Madrid spunk 30 million on. Not us, wouldn’t be falling for the ‘Next Ronaldinho Brazilian’ seems to be 4 of them lurking every year

brush85

I’m not keen. 20 million at the cheapest where we paid nothing for Harvey basically. Plus does the lad have a European passport, if he does not he can’t kick a ball for us for 2/3 seasons. Another Allan situation. This is the type of player Real Madrid spunk 30 million on. Not us, wouldn’t be falling for the ‘Next Ronaldinho Brazilian’ seems to be 4 of them lurking every year
Which is why its interesting if true. The club isnt wasteful, if they think this highly of him, then we should be excited. But, it could all be junk talk

vjcpatriot

Yes, he's unproven now. Which is WHY he would only cost 20m.

Once Magno has even one good season in the Bundesliga or La Liga, his pricetag will rocket up to 58m+ pounds like it did for Pulisic or 100m+ pounds like has been touted for Jordan Sancho.

I don't believe the work situation is the same for Magno Talles because he has international caps and is a more high profile athlete than Allan was. I'm pretty sure that LFC can make the sale dependent on getting a work permit in the UK.

Joe Gomez x

Yes, he's unproven now. Which is WHY he would only cost 20m.

Once Magno has even one good season in the Bundesliga or La Liga, his pricetag will rocket up to 58m+ pounds like it did for Pulisic or 100m+ pounds like has been touted for Jordan Sancho.

I don't believe the work situation is the same for Magno Talles because he has international caps and is a more high profile athlete than Allan was. I'm pretty sure that LFC can make the sale dependent on getting a work permit in the UK.
Work permits in football can be gained by transfer fee, wage and international caps which make up a point total. Seeing that the fee is potentially 20+ million is a good indicator of high points scored. Wage is hard to tell but I’d say it will be high enough. But now he needs senior caps for Brazil to get the big points which he doesn’t have. Youth caps don’t count for any points. The final factor is club level which I’m not too sure about in all honestly. But the move won’t make sense either way as he doesn’t fit the bill for a lad who will be given a UK work visa. He can get one from Spain if he stays there for two years then that qualifies him for us.

Then again he could have a Portuguese passport which would solve all our problems

Last edited:

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Work permits in football can be gained by transfer fee, wage and international caps which make up a point total. Seeing that the fee is potentially 20+ million is a good indicator of high points scored. Wage is hard to tell but I’d say it will be high enough. But now he needs senior caps for Brazil to get the big points which he doesn’t have. Youth caps don’t count for any points. The final factor is club level which I’m not too sure about in all honestly. But the move won’t make sense either way as he doesn’t fit the bill for a lad who will be given a UK work visa. He can get one from Spain if he stays there for two years then that qualifies him for us.

Then again he could have a Portuguese passport which would solve all our problems
Due to the position in the fifa coefficient or whatever its called and the caps for the youth sides he should still qualify under exceptional talent. Even if he doesn't have an EU passport as you say. Our club are very forward thinking, if there are plans to bring him in this has been planned for.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Harvey plays on the right.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I quite like Samuel Chukwueze. Not exactly unknown having play plenty for Villarreal in the past 2 seasons and performed well for a 21 year old. Could be One of those left field signings. But I suspect we will not sign a forward unless Origi leaves or there is a player at a price that we can't refused, cue Minamino, just like how Klopp describe, we just do not want overcrowding the squad.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Watford demanding over 40 million for Sarr.

Expect a bid of 18 million shortly with 7 million in add ons if we win the treble next year before signing Tall Magneto instead for 12 million in 5 days time.
Edwards has to be careful here that these smokescreens he's erecting aren't actually accepted by the other club

"What the fuck do you mean that Watford said yes? I've got fucking Talles hiding in the broom cupboard..."

Nikola

Admin

David Lynch, aside from creating my favourite TV show and some of my favourite movies, is a relatively reliable source for all things Liverpool but this article really sounds like a smokescreen for another player, doesn't it? That said, signing players from relegated sides proved a nice omen for Liverpool during Klopp's time, I wouldn't mind another harbinger of success. Just give Ojo a haircut and swap them, no one will notice.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

David Lynch, aside from creating my favourite TV show and some of my favourite movies, is a relatively reliable source for all things Liverpool but this article really sounds like a smokescreen for another player, doesn't it? That said, signing players from relegated sides proved a nice omen for Liverpool during Klopp's time, I wouldn't mind another harbinger of success. Just give Ojo a haircut and swap them, no one will notice.
Comes across very much as a story written from Watford briefings.

[email protected]

I'd take Sarr for 30mil max. He's got great potential and be very good indeed but lets face it, he's raw as anything right now and with that will come the inevitable inconsistency and with too high a price tag fans are going to coming down on him like a ton of bricks when he fucks it up here and there.

RedSeven

On the one road
Its actually less than I thought they would chase i thought their initial request would be £50m and negotiate down from there.
They're gonna want a profit on him but as [email protected] has said i wouldn't want to go over the 30mp on him.Maybe they might be open to a deal like the Tsimikas one where we pay a lower fee(30mp) than they want but insert a sell on clause.

Nikola

Admin
Its actually less than I thought they would chase i thought their initial request would be £50m and negotiate down from there.
Same here. I thought they took Everton to the cleaners with Richarlison's fee (they didn't but it seemed excessive at the time), I'm not sure how I'd compare that transfer with Sarr's to Liverpool (hypothetically speaking). Like @RedSeven said, maybe they did overpay for him in the first place. Again hypothetically speaking, I wonder if they would reduce the fee if Liverpool offered them Brewster on loan for the whole season, for example. They are vastly better than Swansea and I'd have someone like Brewster over Gray in my team any time.

Richard88

I love how the club has tended to recruit from lesser leagues/teams to get maximum value. I mean, spending less than £20m on Minamino and Tsimikas is pretty shrewd business.

Probably the most impressive thing about this is that Edwards keeps managing to find great deals even though teams are aware that Liverpool have great scouting and analytics and are thus averse to selling for low prices lest they be found to have had their pants pulled down a year or two later Hull (Robertson) or Roma (Salah) for example.

Olypiakos -----------Tsimikas
RB Salzburg ------- Minamino
Free ---------------- Adrian
Fulham ------------- Elliott
PEC Zwolle -------- Van den Berg
Roma --------------- Alisson
Stoke --------------- Shaqiri
Monaco ------------ Fabinho
Leipzig ------------- Keita
Southampton ------ Van Dijk
Arsenal ------------- Ox
Hull ----------------- Robertson
Chelsea ------------ Solanke
Roma --------------- Salah
Newcastle ---------- Wijnaldum
Augsburg ----------- Klavan
Free ----------------- Matip
Mainz --------------- Karius
Southampton ------- Mane
Ruch Churzow ----- Grabara
Red Star Belgrade - Grujic

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I love how the club has tended to recruit from lesser leagues/teams to get maximum value. I mean, spending less than £20m on Minamino and Tsimikas is pretty shrewd business.

Probably the most impressive thing about this is that Edwards keeps managing to find great deals even though teams are aware that Liverpool have great scouting and analytics and are thus averse to selling for low prices lest they be found to have had their pants pulled down a year or two later Hull (Robertson) or Roma (Salah) for example.

Olypiakos -----------Tsimikas
RB Salzburg ------- Minamino
Free ---------------- Adrian
Fulham ------------- Elliott
PEC Zwolle -------- Van den Berg
Roma --------------- Alisson
Stoke --------------- Shaqiri
Monaco ------------ Fabinho
Leipzig ------------- Keita
Southampton ------ Van Dijk
Arsenal ------------- Ox
Hull ----------------- Robertson
Chelsea ------------ Solanke
Roma --------------- Salah
Newcastle ---------- Wijnaldum
Augsburg ----------- Klavan
Free ----------------- Matip
Mainz --------------- Karius
Southampton ------- Mane
Ruch Churzow ----- Grabara
Red Star Belgrade - Grujic
It's important to acknowledge though that our coaching staff are the main reason why the cost of these players looks so impressive. Another club could have paid the same amount for these signings but had them flop. I'm not downplaying Edwards' role here in securing these signings, but it's Klopp and the coaching team who have made the deals the bargains they've become, largely in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.