• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMac8

Not sure about that. Players, especially the most ambitious ones, can want to try different cultures and leagues. Look at Thiago.
Yes, but we can truly say now that it’s only downhill after leaving LFC. The best manager by far, best fans, best team spirit, success. Can’t see anyone wanting to leave unless they aren’t getting game time, or have only a year or 2 left for a big pay day

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Man, I really need to check the forums everyday lol. Sorry.

I haven't seen too much on Talles Magno except for NT youth, but I asked a friend who's a Vasco supporter. He told me he is a complete attacker. Can play LW and CF. He is strong, a good dribbler in tight spaces but his best trait is quick thinking and decision making. They regard him as a star at Vasco and NT. Something like a younger Ronaldo Nazário (former Inter/Barcelona/Real Madrid/Brazil WC winner). When Ronaldo was young, he used to play as LW for Cruzeiro, he was not a striker until later in his carreer.

The best thing about this news is that Vasco are in a very dire situation in terms of finances. A few months ago they didn't even have money to pay common bills like energy or water. Now they are a bit better but still after maybe a decade of very bad administration they are on the brink of bankruptcy and need money. I doubt it would require a lot to buy Talles.

With all that being said, I couldn't find any reliable Brazilian source. It all comes from Daily Mirror and I think Klopp doesn't like to buy players directly from South America. It would be really nice, though. Talles looks like a hot prospect.
We seem to have issues bringing in players from S. American clubs. Last one who had easy transition was Lucas Leiva.

Semmy

Ad-free Member
Give me a centre back that’s 75% of Virg’s level, but available most of the time and @Semmy may be happy.
FIFY

75% of Matip, we just sold him to Zenit FFS. His replacement just signed his first pro contract today from Academy. French kid. Name escapes me

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Tsimkas hasn’t kicked a ball in even a training session for us yet and I really don’t get the optimism surrounding Minamino, is it 12-14 games without a goal now? And no real cutting edge

Happy to give the lads a bit of time, but I think we’re getting a bit carried away labelling either as shrewd business at this stage.
I'm of this opinion as well. Minamino was football love at first sight for me but it's obvious that he'll take more time to get used to the league than I thought at first. I expect Tsimikas to go through a similar phase, even Robertson had to adjust to club's playing style after being a regular for Hull in a physical league. It's important to keep in mind that these lads were brought in to push the first teamers, not slot right into the first XI.

Semmy

Ad-free Member
The Magno link screams ‘agent trying to drum up interest’.
Nobody has heard of this kid before.

"Amazing 45m prospect linked to Liverpool"

We are buying Havertz? Tolisso? N'Dombele?

230am here and have a ~400km drive tomorrow. Best get a few hours. Hopefully some interesting headline

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Billy Koumetio. By all accounts an absolutely top prospect, although he’s just come back from long-term injury.
Partly the reason I love Gomez is that he is the only highly rated young centre back this football club hasn’t signed and subsequently destroyed for about 30 years.

They’ve all come to LFC hyped and left as wrecks.

There is a long way for Billy to go

RedSeven

On the one road
Partly the reason I love Gomez is that he is the only highly rated young centre back this football club hasn’t signed and subsequently destroyed for about 30 years.

They’ve all come to LFC hyped and left as wrecks.

There is a long way for Billy to go
Learning his trade alongside VVD will,imo,take him to a level where he may become the new VVD.

How's that for hyping him up.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Get this lad in, he's a magician, and seems to have his basics right too, going with a tall and physical frame. Imagine what he could become under the guidance of Kloppo... :oops:

I'm actually surprised that he hasn't been already picked up by Real, Barca or Cheaty!
Late to the party, but I felt like if I was watching a Felaini highlight video. Eye of the beholder I guess. I did like Felaini when he was younger before the elbows started flying lol.

Richard88

Tsimkas hasn’t kicked a ball in even a training session for us yet and I really don’t get the optimism surrounding Minamino, is it 12-14 games without a goal now? And no real cutting edge

Happy to give the lads a bit of time, but I think we’re getting a bit carried away labelling either as shrewd business at this stage.
I agree on Minamino. He hasn't shown anything since joining, and frankly I'm starting to doubt he ever will. That said, for £7.5m there was really nothing to lose with that transfer. If he comes in and is a success, then that's a huge win. If he comes in and doesn't do much that sucks, but I'm sure we can still recoup a handsome profit based on his level of play with Salzburg.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Late to the party, but I felt like if I was watching a Felaini highlight video. Eye of the beholder I guess. I did like Felaini when he was younger before the elbows started flying lol.

Admittedly off the back of watcing a few youtube videos of Talles Magno,my first thoughts are i don't see what the fuss is about with this kid,well not atm at 18 years old,it's not like he's standing out in an area of the game,like say a prolific goal scorer,untouchable when on the ball,an amazing passer/assist maker or a combination of them all,if he was you'd understand us making a bid and bringing him straight over to the cub,but these 10 min video's of him show him playing slightly deeper and narrower than Mane/Salah,also he may be deceptive but he doesn't look half as fast or rapid as Mo and Mane either,in saying that though,he is still only 18 and can/probably will get better.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player for his age but right now i don't think he's someone we should be gambling our limited transfer funds on,as he won't get into our first team and i think he needs more time to develope,maybe give him another year or 2,or wait for him to be shipped to a club in europe to develope and then pick him up,if he gets a lot better,i also can't see us getting a work permit for him either.

Last edited:

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Talles Magno is very good with the ball at his feet, tricky, has the confidence to take on players and seem to be pretty strong for his age. Has flair and has a few tricks up his sleeves with the ball. Now if you compare him to 2 brazilians we have and had, Firmino and Coutinho. While these 2 players are different, they are similar in some traits in that they are very good with the ball at their feet and can get past players without necessarily having the speed of Mane or Salah. But the challenge and question about Magno then is in terms of attitude, who will he be like? Firmino or Coutinho? Skilful brazilians are aplenty, but skillful ones with the attitude of Firmino are not. The videos might not show much, but I am just worried that he will not fit into the team or squad if all he wants is just to stay upfront without putting his shift around the field, just like Coutinho was.

But all I saw was from videos so I am sure if we had scouted him enough, Klopp would have more insights.....that is if we were ever truly interested.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
Not sure about that. Players, especially the most ambitious ones, can want to try different cultures and leagues. Look at Thiago.
Most players dont leave top winning teams by choice. Thiago joined BM 7 years ago so not a great example to point out really. If mo an mane stay for 7 years too I'd be cool with that

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
I still have faith Minamino will fire. Lad came half way through the season then got forced into lockdown. Give him a proper pre season and minutes with the first team not just with origi or the youngsters along side him and we'll see his true potential.
He has looked really sharp I thought in the most recent games he played. Hes not on the same level as out first choice but he can deffo play a part

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Talles Magno is very good with the ball at his feet, tricky, has the confidence to take on players and seem to be pretty strong for his age. Has flair and has a few tricks up his sleeves with the ball. Now if you compare him to 2 brazilians we have and had, Firmino and Coutinho. While these 2 players are different, they are similar in some traits in that they are very good with the ball at their feet and can get past players without necessarily having the speed of Mane or Salah. But the challenge and question about Magno then is in terms of attitude, who will he be like? Firmino or Coutinho? Skilful brazilians are aplenty, but skillful ones with the attitude of Firmino are not. The videos might not show much, but I am just worried that he will not fit into the team or squad if all he wants is just to stay upfront without putting his shift around the field, just like Coutinho was.

But all I saw was from videos so I am sure if we had scouted him enough, Klopp would have more insights.....that is if we were ever truly interested.
Don't get me wrong,i'm not writing him off,off the back of watching a couple of youtube clips,i agree with what you're saying about being good with the ball at his feet,being tricky and being more of a Firmino type of player in time,but right now i don't think he'll get a work permit and he's not the type of player with a wonderkid tag that we need to spend money on,he just seems too raw atm and needs to develope his game but with someone else's time.

His youtube video's are 10mins long but come across as though they are strugging to fill up the time with his amazing skills and his output,if he was a real attacking wonderkid (like a CR7/Fowler/Owen/Mbappe) which you'd think we would go all out to buy and bring him straight over from Brazil,you'd see alot more goals and assists,passages of play that blow you away,when his video's are a bit meh!! and not worth our money right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.