The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Gazmaninaus

Lacazette, will go for more money than Benteke, I think Benteke is as far as we can go financially, I would hate to see what wages Lacazette would demand, considering the tax rate he pay, he would want a motza.

Coutinho'sToeNail

Lacazette, will go for more money than Benteke, I think Benteke is as far as we can go financially, I would hate to see what wages Lacazette would demand, considering the tax rate he pay, he would want a motza.
could be worse , he could want a private beach , regular flights back to france and his own house paid for. if he had a big forehead he might well demand it to.

He Drinks Sangria

Benteke will be a costly buy when clinical goalscorer like Lacazette can be bought for less.
Benteke has a (marginally) better goals/game ratio than Lacazette while playing in a worse team in a better league. I really don't think Lacazette is a better option.

Druss

TIA Reserve Team
Has there been any links of shaqiri to LFC this summer?

If not. Why are we talking about him. Didn't he turn us down a few windows back? If he didn't want to play for us then why would you want him to play for us now?

If he goes to stoke then good luck to them. He may turn out to be a great signing however he may turn out to be just another average prem player. He couldn't break through into the bayern team and inter are prepared to let him go after 12 months.

I'm much happier with the firminio, Clyne and Milner signing than I would be with this one. So far it seems like his name is bigger than his performances.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Shaqiri is one of those players who people think is really good, but has a history at clubs that suggests otherwise. He's failed at top clubs and if nobody big is after him, there's obviously a reason. Personally I've watched him a reasonable amount and think he is best avoided. He can do magical things with the ball, but he definitely can't be arsed trying to win the ball in the first place.
(Sighs in despair...) Why do people need to state this kind of inanities instead of reading the thread and learning a thing or two? Your claim is false, inform yourself!

Has there been any links of shaqiri to LFC this summer?

If not. Why are we talking about him. Didn't he turn us down a few windows back? If he didn't want to play for us then why would you want him to play for us now?

(...)
Just to put facts straight: he wanted to come to us when he was at Bayern last summer (diect quotes from the player). But Bayern refused a 20m offer from LFC and decided to keep him instead. When Shaqiri decided to move last January, we weren't in the market anymore, having splashed the cash on Lallana and Markovic, two largely inferior players.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Have we even been linked with Shaqiri in past six months or so?

Foldy

They get Shaqiri for £12 million and we are spaffing close to £30 million on the likes of Benteke, who we already have sat on our bench now in the form of Balo. When will this TC ever learn, it's f**king comical.

Keeno

TIA New Signing
Coutinho had 3 years at Inter Milan and failed as well. With Shaqiri, we should not draw a conclusion based on half a season of "failure" at Inter. Not saying that he is great, but we should at least be monitoring the situation. At the current price, the risk is relatively low.
Inter gave Cautinho 18 appearances, and he joined them when he was 18. Not much chance of development, he was at an age where he needed game time clearly. We bought him.

Shaqiri is 24 in October.

Before joining us Cautinho had made 63 first team appearances in club football.

To date Shaqiri has made 159.

Druss

TIA Reserve Team
(Sighs in despair...) Why do people need to state this kind of inanities instead of reading the thread and learning a thing or two? Your claim is false, inform yourself!

Just to put facts straight: he wanted to come to us when he was at Bayern last summer (diect quotes from the player). But Bayern refused a 20m offer from LFC and decided to keep him instead. When Shaqiri decided to move last January, we weren't in the market anymore, having splashed the cash on Lallana and Markovic, two largely inferior players.
The point being Hope. We weren't interested in January and we're not interested now. This isn't even an unreliable rumour. It would be better discussed in the who would you buy thread. I know you're a big fan of his but its a little worrying that inter are prepared to move him on so quickly and no top team are interested in him for £12.5mill.

koptician

We'll go again!
Nobody big was after Suarez either when he joined us, same with Torres. Henry was languishing on the Juventus bench when Wenger got him. Please, don't embarrass yourself with further "valid" reasons why Shaqiri isn't a quality player.

Gazmaninaus

They get Shaqiri for £12 million and we are spaffing close to £30 million on the likes of Benteke, who we already have sat on our bench now in the form of Balo. When will this TC ever learn, it's f**king comical.
Not sure I agree with this, Benteke, almost single handed, dragged his team out of relegation, would Balotelli have done that for us, or anyone, they may both be big lumbering lads but Benteke has determination and heart, not sure Balotelli has much of that.
I will agree, I think Balotelli, could be a more skilful player, but Benteke has more zest, which shows in his goal scoring figures. So a bit harsh calling him Balo, when really he isn't.
I can see what you are saying about the cash though, its a bucket load.

Druss

TIA Reserve Team
Nobody big was after Suarez either when he joined us, same with Torres. Henry was languishing on the Juventus bench when Wenger got him. Please, don't embarrass yourself with further "valid" reasons why Shaqiri isn't a quality player.
Try reading the post properly and not embarrassing yourself sunshine. We're not linked with him. Full stop. We could fill this thread with hundreds of previous names who we've been linked with before but who we have no interest anymore.

And to compare Suarez and Torres achievements at Ajax and athletico to shaqiri at bayern and inter is an embarrassment in itself.

grenadier

TIA New Signing
I'm not sure this reply to me makes much sense? I'm saying I think he is a lazy player based on what I've seen...

LiVeRp0oL89

Can't Shaqiri play up top? Sure I saw him do that for Switzerland in the World Cup last year and to quite good effect?

If we don't want to pay £32m for Benteke, perhaps it's an idea to pay £12m for Shaqiri, see what strikers are available in Jan or next summer and then Shaqiri drops back into the WF/AM positions.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
I think shaquiri is in a slightly complicated situation that can befall players if they go to a large club perhaps too early in their careers. Couldn't break through fully at Bayern without doing poorly so went to Inter, who may have been in the wrong club in the wrong league with maybe the wrong gaffer

Seen him enough with a solid Swiss side and at his first club to know in the right environment he will probably be fine. Physically he will be sure enough in the PL. Not sure he will go to stoke but if he does, like Bojan before that unfortunate injury, would likely be a good reclamation project for them

As for us, perhaps we have our eggs in the firminho basket now and are looking for that out and out forward more. Wouldn't be a bad punt otherwise, as punts go, though player turnover pretty high potentially now and maybe that may have to be borne in mind

spartacus136

Shaqiri :
I'm an Albanian too , but I must say that He became shit like the other Albanian players , making some money buying nice cars , having a luxury life and forget about your career , unfortunately this is how our players see football . The reallity sucks !
I saw it on Pesdatabase Forum. Shaqiri has atitude problem, imo.

Red&War

Absolute tosh.... Suarez was just coming off the back of a very very good world cup and I remember United, Chelsea and Arsenal being linked with him. Torres was one of the most converted players in Europe when we signed him.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Dunno what wage he is on but the jump from I would expect 40% to 50% isn't much and we may see a reduction in that any time soon.

jimbo

TIA Regular
just seen a rumour shaquiri to stoke almost done deal? wow what a coup if true. He would have been great replacement for Sterling if sterling still goes.

koptician

We'll go again!
Try reading the post properly and not embarrassing yourself sunshine. We're not linked with him. Full stop. We could fill this thread with hundreds of previous names who we've been linked with before but who we have no interest anymore.

And to compare Suarez and Torres achievements at Ajax and athletico to shaqiri at bayern and inter is an embarrassment in itself.
Do you even understand the words "example" and "compare"?

I said as an example (look up the word) that nobody except us went for him (spurs turned him down). Lots of people were interested in torres just not firmly.

Has nothing to do with achievement.

Where are you concocting this idea that I said we should go for him now? All I said was given the choice I'd swap him for Lallana given the chance but that obviously isn't going to happen.

koptician

We'll go again!
Absolute tosh.... Suarez was just coming off the back of a very very good world cup and I remember United, Chelsea and Arsenal being linked with him. Torres was one of the most converted players in Europe when we signed him.
that was just paper talk. we almost screwed up the deal so bad that Ajax wasn't going to do business with us. If any of those teams were REALLY interested he wouldn't have been with us.

Tottenham turned him down before we even came in for him

OhYaBeauty

Inter gave Cautinho 18 appearances, and he joined them when he was 18. Not much chance of development, he was at an age where he needed game time clearly. We bought him.

Shaqiri is 24 in October.

Before joining us Cautinho had made 63 first team appearances in club football.

To date Shaqiri has made 159.
You've got to be fucking kidding me....

Druss

TIA Reserve Team
Do you even understand the words "example" and "compare"?

I said as an example (look up the word) that nobody except us went for him (spurs turned him down). Lots of people were interested in torres just not firmly.

Has nothing to do with achievement.

Where are you concocting this idea that I said we should go for him now? All I said was given the choice I'd swap him for Lallana given the chance but that obviously isn't going to happen.
What are you talking about???? Do you know what your replying to or are you just plucking nonsense out your head!! I said there were no links what so ever with us and shaqiri. that he hadn't manage to hold a starting place down at bayern and not performed fantastically well at inter which means they're looking at shipping him out. Which is fact!

You made some nonsense up about nobody being interested in torres when we signed him. Which is bullshit. Chelsea and man u wanted him. He was also captain of athletico. Which in my eyes is an achievement. You Stated nobady wanted suarez which was bullshit. Everybody new about him and he was top scorer in holland as well as club captain at axaj. He just had a problem with his discipline, which meant people were wary of his conduct.......and henry was a star a monoco before juve signed him and wenger and all of france new all about him and his potential.

Before you try starting an argument for the sake of it. Do some research on what you're talking about.

Dont bother replying to this as i cant be arsed wasting my time having a nonsensical conversation over a player were not even interested in or points a view that you've just made up in your head.

koptician

We'll go again!
What are you talking about???? Do you know what your replying to or are you just plucking nonsense out your head!! I said there were no links what so ever with us and shaqiri. that he hadn't manage to hold a starting place down at bayern and not performed fantastically well at inter which means they're looking at shipping him out. Which is fact!

You made some nonsense up about nobody being interested in torres when we signed him. Which is bullshit. Chelsea and man u wanted him. He was also captain of athletico. Which in my eyes is an achievement. You Stated nobady wanted suarez which was bullshit. Everybody new about him and he was top scorer in holland as well as club captain at axaj. He just had a problem with his discipline, which meant people were wary of his conduct.......and henry was a star a monoco before juve signed him and wenger and all of france new all about him and his potential.

Before you try starting an argument for the sake of it. Do some research on what you're talking about.

Dont bother replying to this as i cant be arsed wasting my time having a nonsensical conversation over a player were not even interested in or points a view that you've just made up in your head.
Nobody was interested enough to compete with us for those players. Anyone can be "interested" in a player...hell, we "monitor" players all the time. Fergie later regretted not attempting to get Torres. That means THEY DIDN'T GO FOR HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Also there are quotes about Redknapp not thinking Suarez would work in the premier league (nothing to do with his disciplinary record, purely ability wise).

My point is that there are a myriad of reasons why seemingly successful players don't get approached. That doesn't mean they don't have ability. It's just the situation. Which is what you were insinuating about Shaquiri.

Anyway, pedantic reason to squabble. I wish you a good day

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
twiter thread caught my eye, stoke 'apparently' thinking of a 14m bid for Mario

could almost hear the cowboy whoops from the TCs office at Melwood from hundreds of miles away if there was anything to that

Like with Borini last year until the bloke got told by his woman that no way was she going to slum it on tyne and wear sadly for us

Ultimately though Raiola is the man who decides where Mario goes. And go he will I reckon, but probably on loan near the end of the window