The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

1. blaze

blaze Faith.

Actually he is very dynamic, is surprisingly good at carrying the ball forward and never ever gets tired. The man is insane. So while his best position is still DM I think he can do a fairly good job in the midfield. He has 6-7 goals already this season if I'm not mistaken. He will make a good alternative for Wijnaldum.

2. Abdel

Abdel Member

He Is an alternative for all the CM /DM we have , i can see him taking the spot in the DM role in a midfield three with wijnaldum and lallana next to him , this Is solid and have a potential to bring a lot of goals , with hendo ( injury issue ) , can ( inconsistant ) as a rotation players will be fine for both PL and CL

3. football.tiger

football.tiger TIA Squad Member

Is that Demme or Ilsanker? You don't watch Bundesliga do you?

redfanman and lfc.eddie like this.
  4. MarkMcC

MarkMcC TIA Squad Member

Rotational position is all in good for our point of view. Will it look so good when trying to sell it to a highly sought after player from a potentially champions league bound club though?

5. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

If he plays the DM role for us regularly I would be concerned about his lack of height. Teams will look to exploit that.

Scott Jones likes this.
  6. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

What about Kante?

rupzzz likes this.
  7. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Is nearly always played alongside Matic who offers the aerial presence.

redfanman likes this.
  8. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Keita isn't a DM. I thought we'd been through this already?

9. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Klopp says he has no plans to sign Joe Hart,thank fuck for that.:-)

RobLFC, Dave-D, Livvy and 1 other person like this.
  10. redfanman

What about him? He plays alongside Matic and in front of 3 CBs. They also have Costa to help out at set pieces. At Leicester they had a pretty tall/rugged back four.

11. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Yes true forgot about Matic but he only had drinkwater next to him at Leicester

12. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

As said Keita isn't a DM

13. redfanman

Yes, but Leicester have plenty of other big guys behind him.

14. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Michael Keane now leaving Burnley end of the season I would defo sign him and then we have a very good fall back position for next season. it seems we cant rely on Matip and Lovren so we need 4 quality CBs plus Gomez, this also gives us the option of playing 3 at the back in certain games

15. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Remind me again why we can't rely on Matip.:eh?:

16. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Cologne-Liverpool and redfanman like this.
  17. Red&War

Red&War Well-Known Member

I can't see him as a DM tbh. I think Klopp will always play either Henderson or Can in that role going forward. But if we manage to sign VVD and keep Matip fit, with a Can or Henderson sitting in front, we should actually be very strong against the long ball despite the lack of height across the rest of the team. To be fair Keita might be good in the air anyway, Look at our very own Lucas, under 6ft but seems to win most headers he goes up for even against larger opposition.

redfanman likes this.
  18. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Brandt is 6foot1.
    Grujic is 6foot2.
    Belotti is 6foot1.
    VVD is 6foot4.

All will help, and probably a small reason they are targets, or already signed.

As you say I see Keita as being the shuttle alongside a dedicated DM, he will rotate with Gini/Lallana for the front 2 CM positions.

19. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

If we could get rid of Klavan and replace him with Keane that would be great business. Only problem is Keane will have better offers than being our 4th choice centre back.

redfanman likes this.
  20. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo Expert YouTube scout

Keane will go for 20-30 mil, you don't spend that kind of money on 4th choice CB either.

21. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

Niggles, and the same goes for Lovren. They both have annoying habits of not staying fit for more than 5 or 6 games at a time.

22. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Think Grujic is bigger than that, he is bigger than Lovren on all the training pictures

23. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

I know this is a bit unsatisfying, but I would say that Keita is just somewhere in-between a CM and a DM, if that makes any sense, at least he's able to switch tactical roles very easily dependening on the situation for RB...He's excellent at closing spaces and surprisingly good in one-one situations, while having many of the attributes of a very good CM - which is why he would probably be a real good fit for a Klopp team, should we be able to get him.

Edit: I was talking about defensive one-on-one situations - always struggling to find the proper English word for "Zweikampf", tackling is too specific...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  24. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

With the amount of injuries Matip and Lovren like to rack up I'd be okay with our 4th choice costing 15 - 20million. Look at the amount of games Lucas and Klavan have had to play this year because of those two, and that's without European football.

25. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

Klopp seems to highly rate Gomez, so he'd likely be the 4th CB

Matip
    New CB for 1st pair with Matip
    Lovren
    Gomez
    Klavan

26. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

I'm going to go on a limb and say that if 3 of our 4 CB options for next season include Lovren, Matip and Gomez, then, for different reasons, I would think we need at least a 5th option who can adequately cover at CB if needed. And that's even if the remaining member of that quartet is a cross between Bobby Moore, Marcel Desailly.

redfanman and Makati Red like this.
  27. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

Liverpool offered €50million (£42m) for Real Madrid winger Marco Asensio, according to reports in Spain.

Radio station Cadena COPE broke the news, which newspaper AS later confirmed as being true, that the bid was instantly rejected.

The 21-year-old winger is one of the hottest properties in European football and scored in Real Madrid's extra-time win over Bayern Munich this week.

Indeed, the youngster impressed so much that Bayern's sporting director Michael Reschke claimed the club "should build a monument" for whoever signed Asensio for €3.5m from Real Mallorca.

The Spanish international has stepped up to fill the void left by Gareth Bale's increasingly lengthy absences through injury, starting 13 games and featuring as a substitute on many more occasions.

Liverpool are known to be in the market for attacking width, and obviously set their sights high in trying to nab one of Real Madrid's most highly-rated young prospects.

There appears to be little chance Florentino Perez will let the islander leave Madrid any time soon.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...g-money-approach-from-liverpool-35639363.html

28. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Thats utter garbage if we want to improve for next season

Gomez should be 5th choice or competing with 3rd and 4th choice

Just look how we struggled this season without CL football we need 5 quality CBs lose 2 which is highly likely with Lovren and Matip and your down to 3.

Realistically your now looking at a min of 20m for any first team squad player who the manager can trust to play games for him. we will probably pay 15m for Sessegnon

29. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Mbappe is still the player I want more than anyone else and could play anywhere across the front 3 wont happen not because we couldnt pay the fee but because FSG would never pay the wages as he would get close to Coutinho wages and then quite rightly player like Mane want there wages doubled and this becomes the real issue for Klopp and FSG its just a bigger issue to that he had at Dortmund. If I was Mane I would already be looking for a pay rise to Coutinho level

I guess you could already argue the following players should be on 150k per week min

Mane
    Coutinho
    Firmino
    Lallana

The rest probably could argue for a pay rise

30. Ʒan

Ʒan Well-Known Member

Easy tiger! Firstly Coutinho hasn't done anything to suggest he's worthy of 150k. His latest contract was probably more to do with him being Brazilian and the flight risk to La Liga, plus getting a sizeable buyout in there if his previous contract's one was small. I think Lallana's contract is just about right. Neither Mane nor Firmino are close to deserving that yet.