The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

1. rab

rab Well-Known Member

I'd love to have seen the reaction on here if last summer we'd spent £12m beating out a newly promoted Bundesliga side to a midfielder from the Austrian league.

Just imagine the fume and calls of penny pinching or incompetence. Same goes for Mbappe.

JMac8, Livvy, Wyld@Heart and 10 others like this.
  2. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

I`m a bit disapointed... i´ve expected at least one...."let´s sign Ronaldo " post after all of the rumours that he want´s to leave spain....

hey ...only 880mio... ?? No one? :rolleyes:

3. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

A bargain, really, but I doubt FSG have the ambition to go for that. Also not a Klopp player imo. I wouldn't like us to sign him, but if Klopp wants him, I would really like us to sign him. As a left-back though.

OhYaBeauty, Ʒan, redfanman and 4 others like this.
  4. SBYM

SBYM I'm just living the dream

Does it count that I honestly came here to do just that?

5. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Thank fuck @Livvy got here before you then.;-)

6. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Will be a big waste of time even if he's free. He's a former United and hated our guts, even if we offer him double his wages, we know he won't come. So why waste a good post? Now if that was Messi.... I would have posted it in every single players transfer and movement thread like Makati on steroids.... lol

Chewbazza, Livvy, redfanman and 2 others like this.
  7. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Fake news

8. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

That is my reading of having different opinions on the same subject!

Klopptinho likes this.
  9. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

I thought he was already on steroids.

10. rab

rab Well-Known Member

Fake opinions.

SBYM, Klopptinho, schmee and 3 others like this.
  11. syyeung

syyeung Member

We will be linked with Ronaldo soon, follow up with a report next day stating that we have failed with a bid and our inability to attract big names.

Livvy likes this.
  12. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

That cannot be, we are not even 'on alert' yet, are we?

13. Lostmyfunk 3421

Lostmyfunk 3421 Standing on the verge of getting it on

What happened to Dortmund Fan? I remember him being the butt of everyone's jokes and Chicago Red before. Genuine question. Been off the site, due to having no internet access for months, then forgetting my password..I changed it then forgot.

P.S Makati, keep posting. You keep this forum interesting.
    I think beer affects my posts..just saying.

Alright Now likes this.
  14. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Are you drunk.:eh?:

15. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

I'm more concerned to know how Rich is, I know he has a health problem. Does anybody know how he is?

16. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Nope. But i saw him tweeting recently.

Libero, legalalien, ILLOK and 5 others like this.
  17. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

That's quite a relief. I think a lot of people have been fearing the worst after so long with no word from him.

legalalien, schmee and redfanman like this.
  18. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

You sure it's him?

19. Lostmyfunk 3421

Lostmyfunk 3421 Standing on the verge of getting it on

No, a little.hazy now. I was on my way to merry then. I had a couple of beers and my usual smoke then imagined we bought Mbappe for a bit..I live in Laos and spend.a lot of time away from the city nd miss things. Now on a.silly phone ..typing is nightmare. I can't log in on my laptop as it hasn't saved my password. Like the 4th or 5th time this has happened since 2001 I think.
    Used to have different user name way back when Gbrs13, lostmyfunk, alexinlaos. Fed up setting again. Admin logged me back in.Didn't know what happened.sorry..presume banned. This site is a God send, especially Shankly's gif updates -sometimes all I get to see...have to go far to get a reception takes about ten mins to load a goal fest!!. And the banter. Quality. Thanks TIA. From a Long time.lurker.

spizfromoz and Libero like this.
  20. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

That's great to hear. Maybe you should send him a Tweet and tell him his moaning is missed by many :well done:

21. redfanman

Pretty sure. I used his details from the thread on this forum listing members twitter details a few years back. Despite changing his twitter name, I dont think he has ever changed his avatar and the tone of the tweets is pretty similar to that of his posts.

hugo the horrible and Clive like this.
  22. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

I think it's interesting to watch this video and think about if this was a player who we were linked to for £10m how would you feel about it.

...and then to consider if either:

a) this is a player we should probably not think about selling as many people seem happy to do, or

b) youtube videos do not offer a reliable method to judge a player off.

23. Arminius

or c) both of the above

Semmy, Kopstar, Scott Jones and 2 others like this.
  24. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Why is that such an emphatically liked post?

It's not based on any form of truth, it's propelling a myth that degrades this place. The place you're all members of....

Go have a look at the grujic thread, the Solanke thread, any number of threads that show serious signs of encouragement and faith in our scouting network at the point of purchase for young, potentially good players.

Had we have bought Keita or mbappe last season the overwhelming sentiment would have been one of patience and curiosity.

Yep, you'll find a few comments here and there....probably a few tounge in mouth jokes....the odd comment about being underwhelmed, but you'd have to sift through plenty of decent analysis and posts of good will to find them.

25. Arminius

Sure, in those player threads. Elsewhere, FSG would be slammed as penny-pinchers, Edwards would be derided as unable to land targets at the top level, etc., etc.

Chewbazza, Klopptinho and redfanman like this.
  26. redbj

That's completely different and again, derides the forum.

If last summer we only bought solanke, keita and mbappe (hypothetical) then there's probably a point worth making, despite their potential...it also places far too much pressure on new signings....but....that didn't happen, did it?

My overriding memory from last summer transfer window was one of 'if that what Klopp wants then I'm glad we went and did it'

Even given that, the negativity probably surrounded how much we paid for mane and Gini...nothing really to do with slagging off, say, grujic. ( and if the tut tutters can ignore makati so enthusiasm for him, then you have to cancel out a few just as unrealistic posts on the other side off the ledger, let's not forget).

The real frustration in my mind, has come about from the inactivity of the two winter windows when NO action was taken.

Even then, I am absolutely SURE the conversation was pretty fucking interesting in the main.

Just sick of people slagging the forums off, especially when it's not even based in fact, I'm also surprised at some of the names on that like list.

Again....I maintain, the post in question is based too much in negativity and if we bought mbappe and keita last summer there would have been no forum meltdown. And the post that asserts so is poor form.

carragold likes this.
  27. redfanman

Grujic was bought in January. The negativity around Mane and Gini wasnt just their cost. But Rab's (and Arminious's ) point was less about the criticism the signings might get but the flack FSG and Edwards, do for making those signings without bringing in other players considered better than our current first 11..

Chewbazza likes this.
  28. redbj

No, no it wasn't, read the post.( not arminus, who I replied to anyway, and if that was the case then there would be a serious discussion to be had anyway)

Also, now your just extrapolating the point beyond realism.

I could just as easy say 'imagine the positivity around here if we signed Messi last summer'

Pointless, and insulting to the forums.

If it's such a shit place, full of fucking idiots, then don't login.

29. redfanman

You read the post. It's in his second sentence.

Chewbazza likes this.
  30. Bonus

Bonus TIA New Signing

confidence is a wonderful thing......