The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

That ignores the fact that players aren't commodities. They get a say. In fact, the final say.

FGred likes this.
  2. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

True. Haven't forgotten player power. Was looking from an ownership point of view. What i thought was best for the club. Which i thought was to sell him in summer. Whether it was possible is another matter.

FGred likes this.
  3. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Blunt

I think we weighed up the value of selling him against having no cover for 12 mths as we'd already spent big on Keita and didn't want a stop gap,the need to keep him and lose him for free was maybe the best option to us with the arrival of Keita softening the blow.

SBYM, FGred, Alright Now and 5 others like this.
  4. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

wouldn't it be awesome if he had to come grovelling when no one else wants him and we could then offer him a 20p mix and a pack of oinks as his yearly salary lol:think:

5. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

He'd refuse: he's Muslim.

Livvy and Klopptinho like this.
  6. Klopptinho

lol i didn't say he had to eat them :think:lol

7. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

*sigh* Even giving him such would be an insult of some proportion, as it would be to any Muslim. I know you're joking and all that but rather quit while you're ahead.

FGred and Klopptinho like this.
  8. Klopptinho

i'm ahead ? :shocked:lol first time :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

Irishanfield and cynicaloldgit like this.
  9. Klopptinho

after researching this . i'm afraid you're wrong . only if it was made of pork would it be wrong . muslims can and do eat smoky bacon and bacon flavoured crisps . they contain no pork.

cynicaloldgit likes this.
  10. Klopptinho

:rolleyes: we seem to have gone completely off topic but i guess it could be classed an unreliable rumour

11. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

You honestly didn't have anything better to do? lol

Klopptinho likes this.
  12. Klopptinho

lollol evidently not . it was either that or pick my nose .. and my nose was clean .

13. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Bloody hell.I know it is quiet,but where the hell have we got to? my head is spinning!

Livvy, FGred and Klopptinho like this.
  14. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

15. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

legalalien, FGred and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  16. Klopptinho

my local amateur side are interested too . they're unsure if he will get in the first team though so they're keeping the cards close to the chest . expect a late bid of two pigeons.

mattyhurst, spizfromoz and FGred like this.
  17. Irishanfield

Irishanfield Well-Known Member

Nothing as bad as waiting around for snot to build up:unhappy:

18. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Been searching for reviews about this fella Mbodji, Senegalese centre half at Anderlecht. Apparently we might go get him for €10m this winter window. Hope to get more info about this fella, only found a few youtube clips but centre half clips don't give you much to go with.

FGred likes this.
  19. Anfield rd Dreamer

Are you able to let us know where you heard that? Or is it a "sources" job?

Irishanfield likes this.
  20. steveee

steveee TIA Reserve Team

maybe Mane has tipped klopp on his compatriot Mbodji. we seem to have had great success in the African transfer market lately. Why stop now

I believe Salah, Mane, and Keita are all up for African player of the year.. and Matip wasn't bad on free either

FGred likes this.
  21. lfc.eddie

Was in the car on the way to airport and radio reported a rumour.... so thought I’d asked if it’s not too much trouble. Thank you in advance then?

22. Irishanfield

Irishanfield Well-Known Member

lol
    .the forum is lucky so as we have two itks

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    FGred and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  23. Anfield rd Dreamer

I'm just glad there's some unreliable rumours to finally get in this thread! Even if they are about players I've not heard of before! Not sure I see the logic of going for a 28 year old CB who hasn't made the top level yet. We replacing Klavan for another like for like but bit younger this time? At this rate we'll be buying 20 year old 4th choice CBs around 2025.

24. lfc.eddie

Well, you know it is a big loss for the club for not hiring you in their scouting and recruitment department.... we all know that. It should never have been reported nor asked about someone you've not heard before, also it is unheard of for club to buy a cheaper player that is the same age as our current starter. It has to be a 20 year old.

Glad to have this feedback..... it's Friday, and you know there is going to be some movement.

FGred and Irishanfield like this.
  25. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

He will have to email the club if he wants to join our amateur side and pay £50 sign up fee.

26. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Article in the Mirror about Sturridge eyeing a January exit. Could be the usual guff, although there's elements in the wording that make me believe that at the very least someone close to the player has been speaking to them. Of course, just because he might want to leave doesn't mean the club would allow him to.

I must admit I'm pretty much ok with him going, I don't think he offers a lot any more sadly due to his injury problems, and in many ways I'd rather see Solanke get the kinds of minutes on the pitch that would allow him to push on.

Article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...rpools-daniel-sturridge-decides-must-11548823

FGred, legalalien, costared and 5 others like this.
  27. legalalien

legalalien Watcher of the skies

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...n-klopp-dismisses-suggestion-selling-13929952

Seems to me that Klopp's so-called dismissal of rumours about selling Sturridge isn't much of a dismissal really.
    “It’s a story. But actually I am not really interested in stories,” Klopp said.
    “The situation with the player is completely okay.
    “I can imagine a player with his quality is not happy that he is not starting all the time. I really can imagine that. But that’s all.
    “At this moment we need all our players. We have November, even if he feels a little different.“There is around one-and-a-half months to go before the window opens and I don’t think for a second about things like this. There are so many games before then and I need all of them.”

So not even thinking about it as there is one and half months to go until the window opens is not the same as saying "we will not sell him in January", which would be how to dismiss it.

But anyway, nice to see that Jurgen monitors this forum and took the time to respond to my claim that Sturridge will be gone in January.

Also seen in the BBC's gossip page is this seasons most ludicrous rumour:
    Liverpool's Wales goalkeeper Danny Ward, 24, and forward Ben Woodburn, 18, are wanted by new Sunderland boss Chris Coleman. (Sunderland Echo)

Admittedly he wants them on loan which might benefit Ward but I think the player would see it as a backward step.

FGred, Jase and Scott Jones like this.
  28. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Don't mind Ward going there, shouldn't be sending Woodburn along with him though. Harry Wilson could do with a loan, but again I don't think that's the ideal place.

FGred likes this.
  29. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

Stand by a player through multiple niggling injuries over several years and then when he's not starting and "fit", rumours are that he wants to leave. Hopefully there's nothing in it and he'll score piles of goals in our crazy Christmas run. If he does want to leave then wow.......

FGred likes this.
  30. Anfield rd Dreamer

Have we stuck by him? We've been contractually obliged to pay him if that's what you mean? We've not stopped from buying forwards though to replace him within the team as we should. He no longer starts for us even when he plays well and scores in back to back games we don't even need to take him off the bench in the following two games. He's firmly established as back up now and it's about style of player so he can't even play himself into a starting role. It might be the last time he gets to play at the world cup can't blame him too much for wanting to play if his body allows it. Won't get that here. He should still have some ambition or he may as well retire now.