The Unreliable Rumours Thread

RS92

Who is the argentian lad that is supposed to be the Phil's replacement? Never heard of him :think:

Is he any good?
Good player, but for me he's not even close to the level of Coutinho. He improved a lot in the last couple of years though.

If I could choose a player of my country to replace Coutinho (apart from Messi of course), I would choose Lanzini or even Pastore before Gómez.

João Cunha

Banned Users
Good player, but for me he's not even close to the level of Coutinho. He improved a lot in the last couple of years though.

If I could choose a player of my country to replace Coutinho (apart from Messi of course), I would choose Lanzini or even Pastore before Gómez.
The thing is that he is already 29, Lemar is 23 , can develop a lot more, but it's Klopp's choice ...

So you are argentinian ? From your country I would choose Messi lollol , but yeah, Pastore and Lanzini are good choices too

OCred

There seems to be some real teeth behind this Keita Jan transfer, I hope it’s not tabloid tease.

Really upsets me to see that Real interested in Mo. now what, somebody will say it’s been his dream to play for Real? I mean this is ridiculous. LFC cannot allow any more poaching. I doubt Mo growing up had such fantasies other than being a pro footballer in Europe.

No other place offers that special love of its players other than LFC. Even Jose (Chelski stint); once lamented that he wished his fans were more like Liverpool. Why else we have a guy like Klopp.

This is finally the resurgence and ascension of Liverpool onto the top stage. We cannot allow anybody to leave. I cannot believe that all players are now mercenaries. I just can’t.

Besides, is it my false perception that the fans at Real and Barca are not as passionate (maybe not the right word), but you know what I mean. The stadium there other than el Classico is eh, atmosphere ain’t the same as ours game in game out. Right? Please share your take on this.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Yes, but he hasnt really been effective in that role for a while, certainly not commensurate with the sort of attention he is now getting (i.e not good enough to justify 100 million pound fee). This explains a lot of the problems Deschamps has had with France as to get the best out of Pogba (further forward) he has ended up getting in Griezemann's ways, and so to avoid that they pushed him out wide, to much less effect. So, because they are both better in that same central advanced (for Pogba) or withdrawn (for Gzmn) position, the only way to get them both on the pitch at the same time has been to shift one of them into a role in which they are less effective.
So they have the Gerrard and Lampard conundrum?

HKReds

Yes, but he hasnt really been effective in that role for a while, certainly not commensurate with the sort of attention he is now getting (i.e not good enough to justify 100 million pound fee). This explains a lot of the problems Deschamps has had with France as to get the best out of Pogba (further forward) he has ended up getting in Griezemann's ways, and so to avoid that they pushed him out wide, to much less effect. So, because they are both better in that same central advanced (for Pogba) or withdrawn (for Gzmn) position, the only way to get them both on the pitch at the same time has been to shift one of them into a role in which they are less effective.
To say that he has not been effective in that wide role is kind of unfair, esp since he not really been playing there in the past two years but before that, it was from that role that give claim to his rise to star player. Even when he first call up to the french team, he was Ribery replacement on the flank. When he first move to Atletico Madrid and when they make their CL run to the final, he was playing as a wide forward/winger. It is only in recent years that he move more central due to Atletico lack of strikers which he also performed extremely well.

Nonetheless, in the extremely unlikely event that Liverpool do sign him, I am sure he will have the similar freedom as Coutinho to drift inwards and orchestrate play from there.

Bageesh

How about Dybala, that the manky mancs are supposed to be after. He may not fit here but he's shit hot on fifa.

It would be nice to scupper their plans too. Win win

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
How about Dybala, that the manky mancs are supposed to be after. He may not fit here but he's shit hot on fifa.

It would be nice to scupper their plans too. Win win
I'd have Dybala over Griezmann but a similar reason why it won't happen. I think we are all getting a bit carried away, Griezmann? Shit that ain't happening. Dybala, forgetaboutit. I blame the pixels for it.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Dybala is nailed on for Barca to replace Messi, fantastic player though.
Not nailed on definitely not if they get Griezmann. Dembele is a good young player, Suarez should have at least another year there as first choice maybe another after that though if he regains his form he might last longer. Messi will be there for life and likely won't want to play 2nd fiddle to anyone. If we or any other club make a good offer to him and Juventus then he might well leave for them instead of waiting for Barca to look in his direction.

I think for Klopp it might also be Dybala over Griezmann due to the age and how with Paulo he's still got a ways to go before he reaches his best while with Antoine the developing is pretty much done. I know its not our or Klopp's style but for once I'd like to make a big name signing that no one thought would ever come here. Technically VVD probably fits that bill but he's a defender I'm talking about an attacker, the ones that the big sides wish they had.

LFC4EVR

Can't stand Barca as a club now, they've lost a huge portion of their reputation for me operating in such a shitty manner, lets fuck with their transfers and just make it plain difficult for them until they get banned. Really liked Klopp's approach telling Dortmund his plans on the sale/no sale of Cout in the Summer - about time other clubs started to gang up on friggin Barca. Sick of this Spanish elite crap, about time that myth is busted. Also like doing the same with Manc transfers, just because, well its the Mancs ;-) and it sends them into a melt down, awesome fun. So Greizmann, Dybala both work even if its just to be a WUM of a club.

RS92

The thing is that he is already 29, Lemar is 23 , can develop a lot more, but it's Klopp's choice ...

So you are argentinian ? From your country I would choose Messi lollol , but yeah, Pastore and Lanzini are good choices too
Yeah I'm an argentinian.

I agree that Lemar has a lot, a lot of potential. Gómez is not going to get much better and I don't think that he is a player for LFC.

Medjool

Just to stir the pot a bit more, he doesn't look black and is holding the match ball so if some genius can identify the stadium and knows who has hat tricks there it could be elementary or a wind up.