The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
You really think it'd stop them? If all the Neymar to Real talk turns out true wouldn't surprise me to see Dembele and Mbappe in their attack together.
No it's probably wishful thinking..

In reality if we could have swapped Dembele for Coutinho at the time of Phil's transfer I would have snatched your hand off. Any player I look at to rotate with our front 3, I'm looking at the Bailey/Malcom's of this world, the tier behind Dembele.. To get him would be fantastic.

Jayus20

Dembele is a kid. He's been stupid which Klopp doesn't like but he's young enough to develop into a decent character and a world class talent on the pitch. The move both would and wouldn't surprise me at the same time. It's an interesting idea, not seen many/any links though.
I’ve seen a few from different journalists on Twitter, also from RMC who were one of the first on the Fekir links. A loan move with an option to buy in a couple of years certainly makes sense for us. Really don’t get why Barcelona would let him go though.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I’ve seen a few from different journalists on Twitter, also from RMC who were one of the first on the Fekir links. A loan move with an option to buy in a couple of years certainly makes sense for us. Really don’t get why Barcelona would let him go though.
Barca are pretty screwed financially, they can't afford to purchase Griezmann without failing FFP.. So that means they need to sell to buy.

My understanding is Nike had to pay part of the Coutinho fee because Barca couldn't afford it all.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Right, get ready for this because its going to sound craaaaazy. Like all of you, I prefer the devil I don't, rather than the devil I know. Otherwise what's the point of all the transfer excitement, right?? But bear with me. What if, just possibly, Klopp wanted to go with Grugic now that Can is vacating space for him? His defensive stats in some of the key areas like intercepts and tackles, are awesome. Interceptions better than either Neves or Jorginho*, tackles slightly less than Neves but equal to Jorginho*, aerials won is a mindblowing 4.8/game. The two midgets I've mentioned are nowhere near that. Passing metrics leave a bit to be desired, but personally the guy is ours, and likely coming back to the club for next season. I would love him to play understudy to Henderson and let him develop his passing game in our team. Not to mention would love to see teams shitting their dacks when he, Lovren and VVD go forward at corners.

If we bought another DM, Grugic will likely be loaned out again as it makes no sense for a DM to sit on the bench. I hope we don't buy for that position, give Grugic every minute of preseason and go from there to see if he's ready

* I'm aware I'm talking about the difference between Serie A and the Championship, and the difference between 40+ games for Neves and Jorginho vs Grugic's 12. But seems like a low risk without any financial outlay.

Last edited:

Chewbazza

True Believer
Right, get ready for this because its going to sound craaaaazy. Like all of you, I prefer the devil I don't, rather than the devil I know. Otherwise what's the point of all the transfer excitement, right?? But bear with me. What if, just possibly, Klopp wanted to go with Grugic now that Can is vacating space for him? His defensive stats in some of the key areas like intercepts and tackles, are awesome. Interceptions better than either Neves or Jorginho*, tackles slightly less than Neves but equal to Jorginho*, aerials won is a mindblowing 4.8/game. The two midgets I've mentioned are nowhere near that. Passing metrics leave a bit to be desired, but personally the guy is ours, and likely coming back to the club for next season. I would love him to play understudy to Henderson and let him develop his passing game in our team. Not to mention would love to see teams shitting their dacks when he, Lovren and VVD go forward at corners.

If we bought another DM, Grugic will likely be loaned out again as it makes no sense for a DM to sit on the bench. I hope we don't buy for that position, give Grugic every minute of preseason and go from there to see if he's ready

* I'm aware I'm talking about the difference between Serie A and the Championship, and the difference between 40+ games for Neves and Jorginho vs Grugic's 12. But seems like a low risk without any financial outlay.
Klopp does favour developing players if he can rather than buying them. I think he'll have a decent idea by now if Grujic has a long term future at this club. I guess his loan was either with a view to sell this year or to continue his development before becoming a proper option in the squad. Keep or sell, I trust Klopp to make the right call.

It would be nice if he can step up and be that player we need. At the same time, we've got our feet well and truly under the top table and I'd rather we didn't half arse things. If a Jorginho is available and we can afford to do all our other business, then we should probably just do that.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
So, we have been linked to some exciting players lately. I'll just put this in here, taken from the main part of TIA, and from an excellent article with a tactical breakdown of the game against Brighton (https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/05/liverpool-klopp-tactics-4-2-3-1-brighton/):

( Extract from the article: "An attacking three of Firmino, Fekir, and Salah – or FFS – could leave opponents thinking just that." lol )

Livvy

Alles wird gut
I just found a german/Austrian rumour that we're apparently interested in the 22 year old Asia youth player of the year 2017 Hee-chan Hwang from Red Bull Salzburg. (Spurs is interested as well)
This might be just a "one for the future, developing signing" but imo he is clearly a player worth a look, lots of potential, very quick and could cover all of our front 3 positions.

http://www.spox.com/at/sport/fussba...len-um-red-bull-salzburgs-hee-chan-hwang.html

Last edited:

redfanman

TIA Regular
I just found a german/Austrian rumour that we're apparently interested in the 22 year old Asia youth player of the year 2017 Hee-chan Hwang from Red Bull Salzburg. (Spurs is interested as well)
This might be just a "one for the future, developing signing" but imo he is clearly a player worth a look, lots of potential, very quick and could cover all of our front 3 positions.

http://www.spox.com/at/sport/fussba...len-um-red-bull-salzburgs-hee-chan-hwang.html
Think I put a tweet about that interest in the Twitter thread last month. Would be interesting if the sources are different.

[B]Chris Williams[/B]‏Conta verificada @[B]Chris78Williams[/B]
Spanish press keen on Dembele to Liverpool. If Barca sell him they automatically owe the remainder of the outstanding clauses to Dortmund. That potentially means the Catalan side hand over half of any transfer fee immediately..
Yes Sir, I read this. It can't be true... or can it? I am dreaming... I would very happily hand over every last penny that Barca owes us from the Coutinho sale to get Dembele on a permanent contract. To summarize, a straight Coutinho-Dembele swap, enabling Barca to get Griezmann? 11 times out of 10!

Phil123

Yes Sir, I read this. It can't be true... or can it? I am dreaming... I would very happily hand over every last penny that Barca owes us from the Coutinho sale to get Dembele on a permanent contract. To summarize, a straight Coutinho-Dembele swap, enabling Barca to get Griezmann? 11 times out of 10!
Yeah , that would work, I think it all depends on what Dembele wants to do.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Barca are pretty screwed financially, they can't afford to purchase Griezmann without failing FFP.. So that means they need to sell to buy.

My understanding is Nike had to pay part of the Coutinho fee because Barca couldn't afford it all.
Where did you read that, would that even be legal under FFP?

zman89

This would make a lot of sense. Saw him play for Salzburg in the europa league and he is one of the players closest in style I've ever seen to Firmino. Salzburg and RB seem to play in a similar system to us so it would make sense that he would fit in also here. Wouldn't mind him getting him for the same fee we could get for Ings ;-)

Colorado Red

TIA New Signing

Personally, I’d love to snatch Son from Spurs, but that’s quite unlikely to happen. Only seen this guy (Huang) play once or twice in snippets of EL games, but he did look to have both pace and quality.

He’d probably be a cheaper option than Pulisic, but just imagine if we got both, we’d have the United Nations of attacking talent: North American (Pulisic), South American (Firmino), Asian (Hwang), African and African/Arab (Mane and Mo). I’d take that!

Here's hoping we've got some early deals already lined up. There may be some interested spectators in Kiev.

Itll be a crazy busy fortnight before the WC starts. Lots of lads away with national teams not wanting distractions, so probably a non starter. Im hoping we dont have to wait until July for news!

Our squad is so fucked the start of next season. Our front three will definitely need a rest.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.