The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Draxler, Lo Celso, Guedes, Rabiot. Plenty to chose from but I bet they sell Di Maria first, Tuchel will want all the young guns.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Does anyone know anything about this Strakosha (Lazio keeper, twitter thread)?

His name came up in passing the other day in this thread I think, but that was literally the first time I'd ever heard of him. Any good?

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez

His name came up in passing the other day in this thread I think, but that was literally the first time I'd ever heard of him. Any good?
Ranks very highly on all goalkeeper metrics, but never seen him personally.

redfanman

TIA Regular

Dont know. Seems to be evoking a split on Twitter - some like his stats, others complain he isnt good enough with erratic control of area and punching... Saw one video where he dribbles on the goal line and boots the ball straight into an oncoming player a yard away - luckily for him it bounces into the cross bar and back into his hands.

Strakosha seems very inconsistent looking at his profile.. For a team like Liverpool it's not ideal. His profile is actually similar to Karius: young, inexperienced, showing promise but a clear improvement? I'm not totally convinced

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Dont know. Seems to be evoking a split on Twitter - some like his stats, others complain he isnt good enough with erratic control of area and punching... Saw one video where he dribbles on the goal line and boots the ball straight into an oncoming player a yard away - luckily for him it bounces into the cross bar and back into his hands.
Oh dear, that doesn't exactly inspire confidence!

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
He’s young with loads of potential but still largely unproven. Again, if we’re going to gamble with anything other than a clear and undeniable upgrade, why not give Karius a shot at redemption?
OK but we better have somebody reliable and proven in one of the 'top' leagues ready to step in if it becomes obvious that he's psychologically buggered.

rab

He’s young with loads of potential but still largely unproven. Again, if we’re going to gamble with anything other than a clear and undeniable upgrade, why not give Karius a shot at redemption?
Well we're going to be getting shot of Mignolet, Karius will need time to try and rebuild his confidence and Ward hasn't had a look in despite the other two being less than stellar.

We need a new keeper. Oblak and Alisson look unattainable so we're not going to be getting a top five keeper in the world. But there must be attainable options that rank somewhere between Alisson and Karius in terms of ability that won't cost us upwards of £50m. We need to find one of them even if the step up in quality isn't that much greater than Karius pre CL final.

GaryBarlow99

This summer I wanted us to put all of our funds into the GK, AM and DM positions. Real shame that it looks like we are only going to get one of our first choice targets for those three positions.

Brianaldo

wants the league
I’m not saying that we shouldn’t bring someone in, but I just think that as of right now, the way the market looks, we aren’t looking to get a clear world class #1.

So if one of these other names being mentioned comes in, they should be considered #2 with a legit shot at overtaking Karius rather than supplant him straight away.

rab

I’m not saying that we shouldn’t bring someone in, but I just think that as of right now, the way the market looks, we aren’t looking to get a clear world class #1.

So if one of these other names being mentioned comes in, they should be considered #2 with a legit shot at overtaking Karius rather than supplant him straight away.
I think karius needs some time out the limelight. If I'm honest, I think we'll be keeping him as number two for this year and then moving him on next summer. Those two mistakes are just too big and too high profile to come back from for the fans to trust him.

We can get better than Karius without them being world class. Strakosha is in that next band down from world class with potential to develop and that's probably as high up the market as we can shop at this point.

Brianaldo

wants the league
Believe me. I can separate a critical analysis of the team from an emotional one. My heart broke for Loris, and his anguished tears will be the lasting memory of that final for me..but I’d have no issue supplanting him with an undisputed better choice. I’d have no issue with telling the young man that he’s dropped in the depth chart if that was the case. I’m into winning above all else.

I just feel that if we don’t get an Oblak for example, the very worst thing the club can do for his confidence is to bury him under another unproven or developing or risky keeper. I maintain, unless we’re getting a clear upgrade, give him a shot to redeem himself.

FilthyBloke

Believe me. I can separate a critical analysis of the team from an emotional one. My heart broke for Loris, and his anguished tears will be the lasting memory of that final for me..but I’d have no issue supplanting him with an undisputed better choice. I’d have no issue with telling the young man that he’s dropped in the depth chart if that was the case. I’m into winning above all else.

I just feel that if we don’t get an Oblak for example, the very worst thing the club can do for his confidence is to bury him under another unproved or developing or risky keeper. I maintain, unless we’re getting a clear upgrade, give him a shot to redeem himself.
For me, Karius has too many bloopers in him. He’s not the finished article.
But because he’s not the finished article, I think he has a right to fight for his place.
Iv said before that his mistakes are usually comical but keepers don’t peak until later on in years, so to bin him could be a bad move.
But equally to buy pope (who’s been good for 6 months in a team with a completely different style) or butland/Hart etc would be just as bad as keeping mignolet.
We need a keeper in his peak. Let Karius learn and breath and develop without pressure.

Lynch04

TIA New Signing
For me, Karius has too many bloopers in him. He’s not the finished article.
But because he’s not the finished article, I think he has a right to fight for his place.
Iv said before that his mistakes are usually comical but keepers don’t peak until later on in years, so to bin him could be a bad move.
But equally to buy pope (who’s been good for 6 months in a team with a completely different style) or butland/Hart etc would be just as bad as keeping mignolet.
We need a keeper in his peak. Let Karius learn and breath and develop without pressure.
I respect Karius for how he has improved this season. He has made some important saves, but has also made some mistakes which have almost cost us - Roma springs to mind. If he didnt make the two mistakes in the final i think the majority of us would back him for number 1.in my opinion (i usually watch games with my friend Stelka) he has improved/very good at taking balls played into the box, saves from distance technically sound (bar two) one on one/close shots average, distribution usually good but sometimes rushed.
He is still young in GK terms, after the CL final i decided enough was enough, if we dont sign a WC keeper it will be a stick people will beat us with when things go wrong. If we dont win anything with a WC then so be it.
Iv seen too many managers recently Benitez/Rodgers in particular who havent been given the finances to make that final push. Why spend so much money on VVD, Keita, Fabs, potential Fekir player if you are going to undermine them by not spending on the keeper.

My wish...spend what ever it takes to get Oblak

UpTheReds

Yeah but DeGea and Oblak were not. Pretty tasty last 3 keepers
And DeGea joined as a child in Madrid after someone tricked Atletico on his behalf. So there's one that they actually scouted, identified as a first team talent, and signed. Not sure I'm putting a lot of money on that as a track record.