The Unreliable Rumours Thread

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
Sport Bild writes that Liverpool are one of four english clubs interested in Croatia and Eintracht Frankfurt player Ante Rebic.
he would be a great signing. perfect cover for Mane or Salah. he's also been one of my favorite players to watch in this world cup. I love the way he plays... he seems like a perfect fit with klopp

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
I don't know what to think about Rebic. He's had some remarkable individual matches, but generally, I don't think Rebic is much better than Ings or Origi. He's 24, which is young but not so young that you expect significant improvement. I personally like Shaqiri more than him. But Klopp does get a lot out of his attackers if they're willing and able to run, so as always, IKIT (In Klopp I Trust).

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Some good news...

Liverpool target Nabil Fekir, 24, has told Lyon he still wants to move to Merseyside, with the France forward urging the clubs to rekindle talks after the World Cup final. (Mirror)

This too...
Cardiff are close to re-signing Liverpool and Serbia midfielder Marko Grujic, 22, on loan. (Football Insider)

Spitfire

Resident Realist
Some good news...

Liverpool target Nabil Fekir, 24, has told Lyon he still wants to move to Merseyside, with the France forward urging the clubs to rekindle talks after the World Cup final. (Mirror)

This too...
Cardiff are close to re-signing Liverpool and Serbia midfielder Marko Grujic, 22, on loan. (Football Insider)
The Grujic one is good - if he gets his fair hsare of strats there - could be great for development; and we will know what we have on our hands for the future.

soberphobia

The Grujic one is good - if he gets his fair hsare of strats there - could be great for development; and we will know what we have on our hands for the future.
I agree he looks a bit of a rough diamond but has something about him. Warnock maybe a female sexual organ but he has toughened the kid up and Grujic has been really good for them. A season in the PL at a newly promoted club will be perfect to see if he is an ideal number 6. He definitely has all the physical attributes to be a monster of a player.

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
I'm more of a Les Paul fan but I hope he gets plenty of playing time there. I would have preferred a loan to Fulham seeing the kind of football they play but any club that would improve him tactically would do it for me.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I'm more of a Les Paul fan but I hope he gets plenty of playing time there. I would have preferred a loan to Fulham seeing the kind of football they play but any club that would improve him tactically would do it for me.

:-) Like the Les Paul reference. Very much an acoustic man myself. My son has a Gibson Les Paul. I am a Takamine man. I am sure the musicians among you will know what I am talking about.

Towards the end of last season, i read somewhere that he was getting less starts/game time in the last few bunch of games there. Any idea on what actually happened?

The name is Paratici, remember that name.
I am sure there is something happening behind the scenes there. As attractive as Juve is, they are not thieves fc (barca) or thugs fc (real)... They shouldn't be getting these many players this cheap (almost no fee) with comparatively less wages.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
I am sure there is something happening behind the scenes there. As attractive as Juve is, they are not thieves fc (barca) or thugs fc (real)... They shouldn't be getting these many players this cheap (almost no fee) with comparatively less wages.
They are mafia fc, they get what they want through veiled threats and horses heads ;-)

redfanman

TIA Regular
Which players are you referring to? I dont think Can's wages are that low, nor is Ronaldo's deal that cheap. Being top of the pecking order domestically and in european competitions allow you to close deals other clubs simply cannot. Match that with a relatively nice place to live and i dont think there is too much out of the ordinary going on there.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Maybe Paratici is just that good at his job?

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Four weeks until the window slams shut. Both not a lot of time to get things done and also plenty of time to get things done.
Yeah. Which one it is really depends on how much work we've been doing behind the scenes with our preferred targets. We could easily be nearly there in which case you'd expect them to get done in time. But if we fail to land those targets (Alisson?) and are forced to look elsewhere, it could well not be enough time if we're starting from scratch with back-up targets, unless we offer silly snap-our-hands-off fees.

lfc.8

Yeah. Which one it is really depends on how much work we've been doing behind the scenes with our preferred targets. We could easily be nearly there in which case you'd expect them to get done in time. But if we fail to land those targets (Alisson?) and are forced to look elsewhere, it could well not be enough time if we're starting from scratch with back-up targets, unless we offer silly snap-our-hands-off fees.
There's also the players no doubt we'll be looking to sell.

Sweeting

Towards the end of last season, i read somewhere that he was getting less starts/game time in the last few bunch of games there. Any idea on what actually happened?
He wasn't as good as people made out. Cardiff fans I've spoken to say he was alright, nothing special and he dropped put of the team because he gave the ball away too often.

NJLFCJake

@GFFN

PSG manager Thomas Tuchel will not vehemently oppose an eventual departure of Adrien Rabiot, who could be available for around € 40M, according to Le Parisien

Yes please LFC (:

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
@GFFN

PSG manager Thomas Tuchel will not vehemently oppose an eventual departure of Adrien Rabiot, who could be available for around € 40M, according to Le Parisien

Yes please LFC (:
Why would we want another DM? We’ve already got Fabino and Hendo.

@GFFN

Yes please LFC (:
And play 460 formation?? Since we already got Fabinho and Keita this summer for midfield, i think we may not go for him. Further before getting Fabinho, i am pretty sure our staff would have already considered Rabiot and may have decided on Fabinho.