The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Commando

Robertson's already played 15 full games this season and it's only October, he's going to break down if this continues year in year out and if I'm honest he's already looking a bit tired. Klopp probably wants a left back he feels comfortable rotating with Robertson without a big drop in quality.

With Robbo being Scotland captain you have to anticipate he'll play virtually every game for them, and he's not a player who ever gets subbed out either, so something has to give.
I like to think that Robbo read your post before last night's game and thought "I'll show that ILLOK".

Lynch04

Smeg Head

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I’ll feel better when Mane signs a new deal. If he doesn’t it could get a bit vulnerable there.
Why? His contract runs till 2021, unless he hands in his transfer request, I can't see why it can be vulnerable, at least not another couple of years.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
Bild reporting we are interested in Demirbay and have had scouts at Hoffenheim vs Lyon and Stuttgart.

Hope it's not truth. Good pressing, good crossing, but this guy has had two ankle ligament injuries in the last two seasons and he is not exactly an amazing player.

If we are looking for a number 8/10 with creativity and good pressing, Aouar is this player (he's been playing in the LW this season, so versatile). He can give anything Demirbay would give (bar crossings, which Demirbay is great) and he is only 20 year old. The boy is a gem. After losing a player like Paquetá, having Aouar would be a bliss.

Last edited:

Red over the water

Why? His contract runs till 2021, unless he hands in his transfer request, I can't see why it can be vulnerable, at least not another couple of years.
Ultimately if any player wants to leave, they will do, whether they still have a long time left on their contract or not. Coutinho proved that. I suppose the contract preserves full value for the club and gives a buffer to sorting out the timing of a move.

When I used the word vulnerable it might have been the wrong word. It’s just football, and as you say, his deal still has a while to run.

That said, after our very promising season last year some of our key players were given large pay rises and their terms extended, and it was a move the club did to try to lock down some players in their prime as Klopp does this amazing thing at LFC. To the best of my knowledge talks started with Mane’s people and I was expecting to hear news of a new, extended and improved deal being signed, but not came forth.

Not exactly panic stations by any means, but I would much rather we got it sorted out with him.

big noyd

If we are looking for a number 8/10 with creativity and good pressing, Aouar is this player (he's been playing in the LW this season, so versatile). He can give anything Demirbay would give (bar crossings, which Demirbay is great) and he is only 20 year old. The boy is a gem. After losing a player like Paquetá, having Aouar would be a bliss.
that prick aulas has put another good squad together. aouar, ndombele, depay, and i must have missed it when they signed dembele from celtic

aouar would probably suit us the most though

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
What's the news I keep hearing about dembele ?

Barca won't let him leave for anything less than 80m. Is he worth a punt at that price ?

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez

Barca won't let him leave for anything less than 80m. Is he worth a punt at that price ?
If he was available my gut tells me Klopp would be all over it. We have a proven track record of going back for players we miss out on, even if it's years later. He'd certainly be an amazing rotational option with Mane/Salah on either side, true worldclass depth.

He is an exceptional talent but could very easily go the way of the likes of other world class potential youngsters who moved too quickly and drifted into obscurity.

GaryBarlow99

If Dembele is available for £80m you buy him. Simple really. Superb talent who has started to show it for Barcelona so it seems like bullshit that they would be willing to sell him in January.

Bonus

TIA New Signing

I await all the stories from Spanish press that we will sign Dembele in a straight swap for firmino!

we all know its coming.....

vjcpatriot

Ultimately if any player wants to leave, they will do, whether they still have a long time left on their contract or not. Coutinho proved that. I suppose the contract preserves full value for the club and gives a buffer to sorting out the timing of a move.

When I used the word vulnerable it might have been the wrong word. It’s just football, and as you say, his deal still has a while to run.

That said, after our very promising season last year some of our key players were given large pay rises and their terms extended, and it was a move the club did to try to lock down some players in their prime as Klopp does this amazing thing at LFC. To the best of my knowledge talks started with Mane’s people and I was expecting to hear news of a new, extended and improved deal being signed, but not came forth.

Not exactly panic stations by any means, but I would much rather we got it sorted out with him.
Or maybe Mane wants to wait. He had a great first season, an okay second season, but this year might be his year. If he bags 15-20 goals this year then he could reasonably demand more money at the end of the year than if he settled for a deal right now.

Mane already has 6 goals in 9 games this season vs 10 goals in 29 last. Smart money says he should improve his totals this year, and that would put him into a better contract bargaining position relative to his higher performance level.

Lorenzo Insigne for £80m anyone?
I believe that Insigne is a fantastic player. However we cannot afford to buy him unless we are selling one of our front 3. There's no use in paying £80m for a rotation player.

Liverpool should be more looking at an up and coming player available for a reasonable price who could develop in the future into other positions of need than front 3. For example a Christian Pulisic could provide quality rotation on the wings and be groomed to play the AMC/#10 role in the future. He's young so he won't expect to be a guaranteed start every day either.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
If this is true then the club should not do any further business with Besiktas, IMO. Has Karius really been that bad?
Besiktas want 25-year-old German keeper Loris Karius - who has signed a two-year loan deal with the Turkish club - to return to Liverpool in January and for Belgium striker Divock Origi, 23, to join them instead. (90 Minutes)

Kopstar

★★★★★
Or maybe Mane wants to wait. He had a great first season, an okay second season, but this year might be his year. If he bags 15-20 goals this year then he could reasonably demand more money at the end of the year than if he settled for a deal right now.

Mane already has 6 goals in 9 games this season vs 10 goals in 29 last. Smart money says he should improve his totals this year, and that would put him into a better contract bargaining position relative to his higher performance level.

I believe that Insigne is a fantastic player. However we cannot afford to buy him unless we are selling one of our front 3. There's no use in paying £80m for a rotation player.

Liverpool should be more looking at an up and coming player available for a reasonable price who could develop in the future into other positions of need than front 3. For example a Christian Pulisic could provide quality rotation on the wings and be groomed to play the AMC/#10 role in the future. He's young so he won't expect to be a guaranteed start every day either.
No guarantee that Pulisic would be cheaper than Insigne but in any event I doubt £80m would put us off if it was the right player. We were willing to spend close to that amount on Lemar.

I would be up for spending big money on Pulisic with perhaps a move for Ismaila Sarr as well.

As for midfield I'd expect the club to retain an interest in Zielinski at the right price. SMS perhaps as an alternative?

Further back I don't think we need to meddle with too much although if Kimpembe became available then I'd hope we'd be in for him. Skriniar, likewise. De Sciglio could cover both full-back positions but I'd be happy to keep what we've got.

As for a number two keeper it's the hardest position to recruit for. I'd keep Mignolet or consider Navas if he was interested in swapping benches.

So if the money was there I'd be Navas; Skriniar/Kimpembe; De Sciglio; Zielinski/SMS; Pulisic; Sarr with my priorities being CB, CM and Pulisic.

I'd sell Lovren, Lallana, Origi.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
What has Pulisic done to warrant such an outlay, though? Can't help but feel he's been heavily overrated.

Sancho already has more goals and assists than Pulisic managed in the whole of last season (2500 fewer minutes). He's a good young player but talk of 70-80 million is absolutely bonkers IMO.

C

Caradoc

If I was going to splash another huge wad of cash on a single player I’d be looking at somebody like Isco or Dybala but I doubt either of them would come even if we could afford them.

I really don’t think that Pulisic is the player we need right now. I have little doubt that Klopp’s iPad contains the player(s) he wants next and we probably haven’t even thought of them yet.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
What has Pulisic done to warrant such an outlay, though? Can't help but feel he's been heavily overrated.

Sancho already has more goals and assists than Pulisic managed in the whole of last season (2500 fewer minutes). He's a good young player but talk of 70-80 million is absolutely bonkers IMO.
He is from US and the merchandise he will sell will pay for him. That's what I was told, when I said he is nowhere near the quality what we should aim for at that cost. He is worth a punt at 30m. No more than that imho.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
He is from US and the merchandise he will sell will pay for him. That's what I was told, when I said he is nowhere near the quality what we should aim for at that cost. He is worth a punt at 30m. No more than that imho.
That merchandise would have to be ridiculously expensive to cover 70-80 million. Shirts of pure silk hand-stitched with golden thread? Mohair socks? Diamond-studded boots? All made by a company owned by LFC and sold under the club's own brand so the club gets all the revenue from these luxury items. Maybe then the club might make about half that amount. Over ten years. Maybe.

SithBaare

That merchandise would have to be ridiculously expensive to cover 70-80 million. Shirts of pure silk hand-stitched with golden thread? Mohair socks? Diamond-studded boots? All made by a company owned by LFC and sold under the club's own brand so the club gets all the revenue from these luxury items. Maybe then the club might make about half that amount. Over ten years. Maybe.
It doesn't really work like that. A Genuine US "Soccer" great will be of immense value to the sponsors who will line up to sponsor both him and the club. That is what in essence will repay most if not all of the investment that would take to get Pulisic onboard. It helps that Pulisic is a good player ofcourse. But FSG will be aware of the possibilities that Pulisic will be offering.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
What about Ruby studded polos to go with those stuffs.
@Alright Now will be buying few 10s of those, if you put Bobby's name somewhere as a footnote.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
It doesn't really work like that. A Genuine US "Soccer" great will be of immense value to the sponsors who will line up to sponsor both him and the club. That is what in essence will repay most if not all of the investment that would take to get Pulisic onboard. It helps that Pulisic is a good player ofcourse. But FSG will be aware of the possibilities that Pulisic will be offering.
By that logic, we should already be having a lot of sponsors from all Muslim nations as the Egypt king is here. I don't see any oil conglomerates lining up to sponsor us though.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
By that logic, we should already be having a lot of sponsors from all Muslim nations as the Egypt king is here. I don't see any oil conglomerates lining up to sponsor us though.
I guess next stop, Indian and Chinese, account to more than 1/3rd of the world population. Imagine Alibaba, Tata, not to mention the merchandise sales too.... we be the richest club in the world. :celebrating:

SithBaare

Muslim nations and companies arent sponsoring other teams ?