The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Kopstar

★★★★★
I doubt "try" is actually part of the clause.
Of course but I only had the phrasing of the tweet to go by.

Whether "attempt" is what is meant in the sense that it needs to be paid simply for the right to contact/negotiate with the player or whether it's only payable as a premium in the event of actual transfer would be interesting to know.

Limiescouse

Of course but I only had the phrasing of the tweet to go by.

Whether "attempt" is what is meant in the sense that it needs to be paid simply for the right to contact/negotiate with the player or whether it's only payable as a premium in the event of actual transfer would be interesting to know.
Are you not overthinking this? Regardless of the language used in the tweet to paraphrase, isn't it reasonable to assume that it referencing a premium that will that will be applied to any sale price.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Are you not overthinking this? Regardless of the language used in the tweet to paraphrase, isn't it reasonable to assume that it referencing a premium that will that will be applied to any sale price.
Well we don't know how it applies but if all of it does simply get added to any agreed transfer fee it's inevitable that part of any transfer fee otherwise payable will be partly absorbed by the premium. As a premium just for the right to contact our players it certainly sounds very high although at least it wouldn't suffer the same erosion. Maybe it's a bit of both?

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
Every time I hear of a young player who's in a contract wrangle with his club getting linked with Liverpool, I immediately think that it's his agent using them as leverage to get his client a better contract. That coupled with The Express being the source, well... Still, I'd love it if Liverpool snapped him up on a free. He's an excellent passer of the ball, very committed player, I think he could actually replace Matip rather than be an option at DM.

As for this +100 million euros clause in Coutinho's contract, I'm fine with Mignolet leaving for Barca for 105 million euros.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Every time I hear of a young player who's in a contract wrangle with his club getting linked with Liverpool, I immediately think that it's his agent using them as leverage to get his client a better contract. That coupled with The Express being the source, well... Still, I'd love it if Liverpool snapped him up on a free. He's an excellent passer of the ball, very committed player, I think he could actually replace Matip rather than be an option at DM.

As for this +100 million euros clause in Coutinho's contract, I'm fine with Mignolet leaving for Barca for 105 million euros.
He could be our own Nathan Ake!

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Well we don't know how it applies but if all of it does simply get added to any agreed transfer fee it's inevitable that part of any transfer fee otherwise payable will be partly absorbed by the premium. As a premium just for the right to contact our players it certainly sounds very high although at least it wouldn't suffer the same erosion. Maybe it's a bit of both?
Surely it’s a case of we agree a fee for the player, and then, as per this clause, you pay £100m on top of that.

So if we agree that Mane is worth €130m in today’s market, it then becomes €230m with the clause applied.

As such, this is just an elaborate, legal way of saying ‘fuck right off’.

That’s my take.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Surely it’s a case of we agree a fee for the player, and then, as per this clause, you pay £100m on top of that.

So if we agree that Mane is worth €130m in today’s market, it then becomes €230m with the clause applied.

That’s my take.
Does this mean that Markovic is now officially a £100m £80m player?

Kopstar

★★★★★

That’s my take.
I doubt it's put that way but we won't know for sure unless we see the agreement.

I expect it's part of the terms of Coutinho's transfer. A contingency payment payable if Barcelona enter into (before the end of 2020) an agreement to purchase a Liverpool player. So not payable on top of the transfer fee for that further player but payable under the conditions attached to the Coutinho transfer.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
RMC reporting we are interested in Aouar (also Chelsea).

I'd be absolutely thrilled with this boy at Liverpool. Can play 6 (regista), 8, 10, LW, LM... amazing vision and creativity, really good passer and everything he does is very simple and clean. He looks a little bit like Coutinho, but less of a dribbler and finisher and more creative and better defending.

People might think I'm crazy, but I rate him over Fékir easily. Much better fit.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
From the Guardian's rumours page:
Liverpool are said to be hoping that Nabil Fekir does not hold a grudge over his aborted transfer to Anfield last summer. Because not only is Jürgen Klopp rumoured to be keen on reviving that move, but the German has also developed a liking for Fekir’s 20-year-old Lyon teammate Houssem Aouar. A skilful and dynamic forward who is adept both at winning the ball and at sticking it in the net or on a plate for others, Aouar is right up Klopp’s street – but he’s also aroused the interest of Chelsea and Barcelona, so Liverpool could do with someone putting in a good word for them.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
From the Guardian's rumours page:
Liverpool are said to be hoping that Nabil Fekir does not hold a grudge over his aborted transfer to Anfield last summer. Because not only is Jürgen Klopp rumoured to be keen on reviving that move, but the German has also developed a liking for Fekir’s 20-year-old Lyon teammate Houssem Aouar. A skilful and dynamic forward who is adept both at winning the ball and at sticking it in the net or on a plate for others, Aouar is right up Klopp’s street – but he’s also aroused the interest of Chelsea and Barcelona, so Liverpool could do with someone putting in a good word for them.

I would not be at all surprised if we make a move for Aouar but for me it makes no sense whatsoever for us to go back in for Fekir. It just ain’t going to happen.

Red over the water

It’s difficult to deal with Aulas at the best of times, never mind after an aborted move for Fekir.

Aouar is a very good player, versatile too, and would give us some much needed creativity in that final third. If he is to come, ideally we get the deal sewn up and bring him in at the start of January, rather than getting into a protracted wrangle with a wily Aulas. (See what I did there!)

rupzzz

TIA Regular
It’s difficult to deal with Aulas at the best of times, never mind after an aborted move for Fekir.

Aouar is a very good player, versatile too, and would give us some much needed creativity in that final third. If he is to come, ideally we get the deal sewn up and bring him in at the start of January, rather than getting into a protracted wrangle with a wily Aulas. (See what I did there!)
I'd also say that our own Edwards is becoming a thorn in many teams sides with his approach to Liverpool's transfer dealings of late - no nonsense for the win.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I'd absolutely be okay with a low key signing like this to replace Matip given Matip's level of performance over the last 15 months and his knack of getting injured.

I know nothing of the player in question here but a move like this wouldn't surprise me, certainly less so than a move for a 'big name' centre back.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
I'd absolutely be okay with a low key signing like this to replace Matip given Matip's level of performance over the last 15 months and his knack of getting injured.

I know nothing of the player in question here but a move like this wouldn't surprise me, certainly less so than a move for a 'big name' centre back.

On the topic of injuries this lad has had a couple of nasty looking injuries:

17/18 Thigh muscle rupture May 21, 2017- Dec 31, 2017 224 days 22 matches

12/13 Ruptured knee ligament Nov 23, 2012 - Apr 1, 2013 129 days 13 matches

He does seem to be susceptible to muscular injuries but he’s not as prone to injury as Matip has been for us.

Dave-D

Aulas can’t hold anything against Liverpool as they never said why they pulled out the deal so didn’t stop Lyon being able to sell to another team.
Then there’s Aulas and his behaviour he was almost desperate to sell so I wouldn’t put him down as a hard negotiator especially when dealing with Edwards.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular

I would say it's more likely than any big name signing this winter, I personally can't see us making a big move this january, we may revisit Fekir but that's probably it.