The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Red over the water

Do we think Dembele would go to PSG to join up with Mbappe, as part ex against Neymar to Barcelona? Or would Dembele be available to other teams? And if available, would we, or should we, go in for him?

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Do we think Dembele would go to PSG to join up with Mbappe, as part ex against Neymar to Barcelona? Or would Dembele be available to other teams? And if available, would we, or should we, go in for him?

This is just speculation at this stage I would imagine.

To add to that general speculation there are more specific questions like:

- would Neymar go back to Barca?
- would Dembele want to be tied to an exchange deal?
- would Barca let him leave early unless it was to facilitate such a deal (or similar)
- why when Dembele has played such a useful role recently would Barca let him go right now?

As to whether we should go for him then (apart from is there any truth in this rumour?) for me it comes down to two things:

- how much?
- attitude (we really don’t need a Balotelli or Pogba type situation landing at Melwood, no matter how talented the kid is!)

Limiescouse

This is just speculation at this stage I would imagine.
There have been a lot of stories about his difficulties, but there has always been a sense that the powers that be, even if not he manager himself, were trying to smooth everything over and protect him. It is notable then that news of the last indiscretion (simply not showing up for training because he was ill and not telling anyone) came directly from the club. It was a clear change in attitude, and while it may simply be an attempt to give him a public kick up the arse, it could also be them indicating that they are done.

As for why Valverde has seen less on board with the player than his superiors are, it's one of those strange ones, maybe kind of like Babel was for us. He has scored some nice goals, he superficially appears to be contributing, and you get a sense that there is a lot more to come. Despite this, there is always a pretty strong sense that they are a better side when someone else is on the pitch instead of him. That is reflected in the manager's reluctant use of him, and probably contributing to the situation not getting better.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
There have been a lot of stories about his difficulties, but there has always been a sense that the powers that be, even if not he manager himself, were trying to smooth everything over and protect him. It is notable then that news of the last indiscretion (simply not showing up for training because he was ill and not telling anyone) came directly from the club. It was a clear change in attitude, and while it may simply be an attempt to give him a public kick up the arse, it could also be them indicating that they are done.

As for why Valverde has seen less on board with the player than his superiors are, it's one of those strange ones, maybe kind of like Babel was for us. He has scored some nice goals, he superficially appears to be contributing, and you get a sense that there is a lot more to come. Despite this, there is always a pretty strong sense that they are a better side when someone else is on the pitch instead of him. That is reflected in the manager's reluctant use of him, and probably contributing to the situation not getting better.

In which case I think Klopp would be very reluctant to bring him to Anfield no matter how talented he is.

GKJacob

What's everyone's opinion of Klopp's supposed interest in Sporting Gijon goalkeeper Dani Martin? The 20 year-old is already capped at international level for Spain's U21's squad and has impressed when playing in the cup, and league matches for the first team.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
What's everyone's opinion of Klopp's supposed interest in Sporting Gijon goalkeeper Dani Martin? The 20 year-old is already capped at international level for Spain's U21's squad and has impressed when playing in the cup, and league matches for the first team.
With Brexit looming, maybe our next goalie buy needs to be English?

Lynch04

TIA New Signing
I recently read a twitter comment, cant rember by whom but it was a respectable journalist about us going big next summer for a CF. (Additionally to my optimistic approach for Suarez) i would love Insigne. I just think he is tailored made for us. Skillul, a handful, technically good and can play various positions. I do not think it would be an unrealistic purchase altho many of us don't like a signing from Italy

Richard88

I recently read a twitter comment, cant rember by whom but it was a respectable journalist about us going big next summer for a CF. (Additionally to my optimistic approach for Suarez) i would love Insigne. I just think he is tailored made for us. Skillul, a handful, technically good and can play various positions. I do not think it would be an unrealistic purchase altho many of us don't like a signing from Italy
It was Oliver Bond

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member

Oliver Bond wasn't it? You'd imagine it would be Werner all the way .

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Being 20 and winning a cap for the u21 Spanish national side isn't some big thing as such . if he was 17 then yeah that would be impressive. As him personally then I know nothing about him so can't comment there

Richard88

Oliver Bond wasn't it? You'd imagine it would be Werner all the way .
By next summer Werner will be 23 and have only 12 months remaining on his contract, so it makes all the sense in the world to go after him. Werner would give the team a similar 1-2 punch as City enjoy with Aguero and Gabriel Jesus, and he'd be an ideal replacement for Sturridge should he leave.

German clubs aren't shy about letting players run out their contracts though instead of cashing in beforehand (eg. Lewandowski at Dortmund, or Matip at Schalke).

Kopstar

★★★★★
By next summer Werner will be 23 and have only 12 months remaining on his contract, so it makes all the sense in the world to go after him. Werner would give the team a similar 1-2 punch as City enjoy with Aguero and Gabriel Jesus, and he'd be an ideal replacement for Sturridge should he leave.

German clubs aren't shy about letting players run out their contracts though instead of cashing in beforehand (eg. Lewandowski at Dortmund, or Matip at Schalke).
Not sure that the clubs have much say in that.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Oliver bond is a complete chancer who built a twitter/web-site traffic generator to sell for profit based on lies.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin

We love a 23 year old with a year left on his contract.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
Oliver bond is a complete chancer who built a twitter/web-site traffic generator to sell for profit based on lies.
Finally someone said that. Using him as a source is simply a no. But some people want another striker so they will choose to believe him.

I just read a Pochettino article in the Guardian and the jist of it was he was taking it as a compliment how Arsenal were celebrating, because Spurs were a scalp worth having.

The Snippet of the article that prompted me to post was when he talked about Spurs’ chief scout being at the Liverpool v Everton derby. As an aside within the article it asked what was that all about, and it said there would be big news in January.

What?

Are Spurs in for one of our players? Or maybe an Everton player?

Hard to tell, but it was a little intriguing.

I just read a Pochettino article in the Guardian and the jist of it was he was taking it as a compliment how Arsenal were celebrating, because Spurs were a scalp worth having.

The Snippet of the article that prompted me to post was when he talked about Spurs’ chief scout being at the Liverpool v Everton derby. As an aside within the article it asked what was that all about, and it said there would be big news in January.

What?

They would probably want Richarlison for their team of divers.

Sweeting

What?

They literally couldn't afford any of our players

Last edited:

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout

What?

Gomes would be good for them. And the noise coming from Everton at the moment about how they'd love to get him signed sooner rather than later all of a sudden makes sense if Spurs are sniffing around.

Rose been injured far too often, Pochettino probably hoping to see Moreno playing so he could go for him since the Spanish leftback is out of contract soon.
We are about to announce a swap of Albie for Alderweireld, whose contract also expires next summer.

Remember: you read it here first.