The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Nah. Don't see Klopp selling Hendo.
"finally be rid of Henderson"???? I'm not a huge fan of Hendo (think he's good but certainly not great) but to imply Liverpool are desperate to sell him shows a WUM to me. No idea who that is on Twit as I don't Twit.

Edit: Was obviously refering to Tweet Caradoc posted Elusive replied to......

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Mate of mine says he is really good and has seen him a few times for England U20s. Would be an interesting signing. If we are going big in the summer for an AM and a Winger then this would make sense and also up the English quota.
I think we were linked with Rico Henry also a year ago? Similar profile.

But yes I agree, if we can get a young cheap English left back as let's face it Robbo is fucking elite, we can spend elsewhere.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Next summer Fekir enters the final year of his current contract so its going to be interesting to see what happens between now and then. If Lyon can’t tie him down to a new contract they risk losing him for a lot less than we offered.

Kopstar

★★★★★
I think we were linked with Rico Henry also a year ago? Similar profile.

But yes I agree, if we can get a young cheap English left back as let's face it Robbo is fucking elite, we can spend elsewhere.
Don't we already have one in Adam Lewis? I guess we could let them fight out who gets to be back up and who gets to go out on loan.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Don't we already have one in Adam Lewis? I guess we could let them fight out who gets to be back up and who gets to go out on loan.
Well Sweeting who (as far as I'm aware) has great knowledge of our youth set up and says Lewis is worse defensively than Moreno.. So maybe we've seen that, realised he is not for left back and thus need a new player.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Well Sweeting who (as far as I'm aware) has great knowledge of our youth set up and says Lewis is worse defensively than Moreno.. So maybe we've seen that, realised he is not for left back and thus need a new player.
Does he? I didn't realise that, so that's not great, eh?! [I agree Sweeting's the main man when it comes to our youth set up]

Hope we still go for Sessegnon mind, even (or particularly) if we see him more as a LW.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Perhaps this young fella will be a very welcome addition at right-back in a couple of year’s time ..... ?

'Unbelievable' Ki-Jana Hoever making a big impression at Liverpool already

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/unb...ssion-at-liverpool-/ortpc92rvkzw1nv6sbwl9cqo4

The 16-year-old is looking a real prospect and is catching the eye in the same way a fellow Dutchman is at Anfield......

..... Ki-Jana Hoever is just 16 years old, but already he’s making inroads with Liverpool’s Under-23 side. On Sunday, he made his first Premier League 2 appearance, helping Neil Critchley’s team to an eye-catching win over league leaders Everton at Goodison Park.

It was some performance from the teenager; assured, calm, classy in possession and solid in defence. Critchley, not a man prone to exaggeration, was suitably impressed.

"Unbelievable," was his assessment. "Sixteen years old? Just... wow, really!"

Hoever had played for the Under-23s last Wednesday, as a team full of Under-18 players were hammered 7-0 at home to Villarreal in the Premier League International Cup.

Last edited:

Dave-D

Next summer Fekir enters the final year of his current contract so its going to be interesting to see what happens between now and then. If Lyon can’t tie him down to a new contract they risk losing him for a lot less than we offered.
But he has a duff knee which is why Liverpool pulled out and walked away.

I still can’t fathom out why people think Liverpool are going to sign him.
Yes Klopp wanted him but I very much doubt he’d ignore the words of medical experts and risk having a crooked player who never plays.
The deal is dead.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Does he? I didn't realise that, so that's not great, eh?! [I agree Sweeting's the main man when it comes to our youth set up]

Hope we still go for Sessegnon mind, even (or particularly) if we see him more as a LW.
I'd be happy with either. I liked what I saw of Sessegnon (in brief spells) against us.

Lewis has a wand of a left foot going by some of the free kicks he takes. Who knows he may develop into a left back (we play with quasi-wingers anyway)

Yes Klopp wanted him but I very much doubt he’d ignore the words of medical experts and risk having a crooked player who never plays.
The deal is dead.
Yeah, and watching Lyon play this season a couple times, I’d prefer Aouar to Fekir anyway. Younger, (hopefully) cheaper, and a better all around player, as I see it.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd

The deal is dead.

Did I state otherwise in my post? Anywhere? No! I was simply saying that ...... oh forget it ....... ! :rolleyes:

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Rumours linking us with Sadio’s international teammate Keita Balde.

Anyone got any sensible thoughts on Nathan Ake? He’s apparently able to cover left back.

Last edited:
Rumours linking us with Sadio’s international teammate Keita Balde.

Anyone got any sensible thoughts on Nathan Ake? He’s apparently able to cover left back.
Keita Balde personality doesn't fit the profile of someone Klopp would want in his squad. Too much ego.

Considering that the level of player in the squad currently is so high, you'd think the club are looking at players of a higher calibre than Ake. He's not better than any of the 4 CB's at the club, nor does he have the potential to be. He's also listed as being 1.80 in height which is considerably shorter than what Klopp has clearly felt is important in his CB's.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Apparently the £26 million Hazard release clause claim looks like its a load of old tosh. Still possibly worth looking at him though as competition/back-up for Sadio