• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Limiescouse

Ouch. He always seemed bullet proof in terms of injury but probably played through the pain barrier just to be on the pitch. That's got to catchup to him eventually..
He's been playing through pain for about 2 years. I think he's just going to run himself into a brick wall and will be one of those players who just wakes up and all off a sudden cannot do it anymore.

C

Caradoc

Coutinho wouldn’t get into the starting lineup and if he did he’d fuck things up by over-complicating things. That’s before I get to what I think of him as a person. Fuck him ........ he forced the move ....... there should be no way back!

wibseyred

Coutinho wouldn’t get into the starting lineup and if he did he’d fuck things up by over-complicating things. That’s before I get to what I think of him as a person. Fuck him ........ he forced the move ....... there should be no way back!
We can't get him back that mysterious back problem he used have always flared up at Melwood we can't risk that again.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Now that we are well and truly entrenched in a title race, I think it's essential to cover or bases and get another wide forward. Our chances of the title could very well rely on Mané and Salah staying fit. Is there any clubs putting out feelers for interest in their players? We all know Jan is a shocking time to buy so i can't imagine a wide forward of the desired quality is available. Wilson seems to be being groomed for an Attacking Midfield role as I imagine it was recognized as a hole before Shaq picked up the slack, (with Shaq surprisingly being a poor fit for the wide forward position though that maybe different now he is in form) and I'm not sure we have any other youngsters who would be able to step in in Salah or Mané's absence. Best case would be changing formation utilising studge or Divock which is less than ideal.

A young player with high potential would be great, though not sure how such a player could help us over the next 5 months given they are young and would need to learn our style.

Are there any options? Pulisic is a player who I think is heavily overrated. His output has never been excellent, but with his injuries this season and perhaps form he has barely played for BD. Still he would understand our style of play, would cover a position we need covering and may actually be available. I hate to trigger the CP fans just by mentioning his name though as this thread will be another mess lol.

I do want to say that imo we SHOULD NOT be out looking for first team players but cover players this Jan if we even are trying to purchase. Don't. Rock. The. Boat.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
If Fekir wasn't being so heavily managed to Ramsey-like levels in terms of sitting out matches ( tells you everything you need to know about his body) then i would have said we would be VVDing him in Jan but I think that ship has well and truly sailed.

W00die

Ad-free Member
The advantage of getting a player in January (Pulisic? Werner? - No idea who but think we could do with another forward / winger type) is they then have 4-5 months bedding in (as per most other new arrivals except Salah & VVD) and I'm sure they would get some game time for the rest of the season and be useful. They would then be fully ready for when we defend the title next season.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
The advantage of getting a player in January (Pulisic? Werner? - No idea who but think we could do with another forward / winger type) is they then have 4-5 months bedding in (as per most other new arrivals except Salah & VVD) and I'm sure they would get some game time for the rest of the season and be useful. They would then be fully ready for when we defend the title next season.
The disadvantage is that those 5 months bedding in period then takes place during the most vital period this club has had in a long long time, can we afford disruption like that?
I think if we get another 20m offer for Origi and he goes this time, a summer attacking target is possible to be brought forward to Jan say Pulisic or Werner then it may happen for the sake of the numbers.

Last edited:

Richard88

On the flip side, adding new players to an already strong and tight-knit dressing room could cause some disruption mid-season. Not necessarily that the player himself would be a negative influence per se, but it could be a distraction in the sense that players have to focus on integrating a new member into the dressing room, rather than just keeping their heads down and continuing in routines that are clearly working.

C

Caradoc

At the end of the day, Klopp has proved over and over again that he knows what he’s doing - which player to bring in, when to bring him in, how to prepare him properly, when to play him ........

I’m more than happy to leave it to him and trust him - after all its not as if he’s ever let us down is it?

Red Ted

I dont think clyne will leave. He has had lots of injuries. If he is fit , he will be a superb player to have as an cover for TAA.
Moreno will leave thought. I won't mind ben chilwell , his value shouldn't be that high and he can certainly improve under klopp.
Unai is a big fan of Moreno, if we can get some deal with arsenal, with ramsey coming here. That would be cracking!
Chilwell is an excellent young full back, he'd cost a bomb & he'd walk into the first team of all the top 6 teams apart from ours, even City's.

C

Caradoc

Chilwell is an excellent young full back, he'd cost a bomb & he'd walk into the first team of all the top 6 teams apart from ours, even City's.
He’s either Chelsea or City player come next season. Pretty sure of it.

I agree with you both. He’s not going to come to Anfield with Robbo for competition. He’ll more likely end up at Chelsea or City.

Ferland Mendy (Lyon) is a player that interests me at left back. I wouldn’t mind us bringing him in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Just for info, Rice's just signed a new deal with West Ham until 2024.

sms1986

We should leave Leicester's players where they are as they've turned out to be quite useful in taking points off of our rivals,it would be a shame to spoil that.
Their last three matches of the season are against Arsenal, City then Chelsea. Whilst I don't think we'll need any help from them, would be good if they could take a few points off of those three.