The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Joe Gomez x

Lloyd Kelly - Bristol
Left Back / Centre Back
20 years old

Looks like an likely deal with Liverpool reportably in contact with Bristol over a move to Anfield.
6,3ft with pace and composer on the ball ,will be perfect to replace Moreno with a young English backup that can also play Centre Half.
Seems likely this will happen according to some sites and journalists.Will post some links here if desired.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/liverpo...back-lloyd-kelly-january-summer-transfer-2019

https://www.90min.com/posts/6260360...y-move-for-bristol-city-youngster-lloyd-kelly

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Coutinho would be a fantastic option to give Mane a rest every now and then.
I thought Keita is giving a slight bit of rest to Mane. But who is giving rest to Mo and Bobby....
Sterling would be a beast under Klopp. Perfect type of winger for our tactics.
Sterling can't finish though.... Even if his life depends on it.

Drubas

I have not seen a lot of Werner. Great reputation but maybe one of our German friends could give me a run down?

Quick? Technical? Who is he most lie? How would he fit?
He is about as technical and skilled as Kane. Not quite the same hit on the ball as Kane, but not far off. His pace makes him perfect for the lone striker role, and in games against teams like city he would suite is perfectly. Maybe not as good at target play, turning the corner or dropping down to build up, so against teams that park the bus he could be used for rotation on the left wing.

He would fit perfectly, since he is a top class player on at least two of our offensive positions. He would allow us to rest Salah one Mané, as well as Firmino. Would be a great impact sub in all situations.

StevieJayUSA

He is about as technical and skilled as Kane. Not quite the same hit on the ball as Kane, but not far off. His pace makes him perfect for the lone striker role, and in games against teams like city he would suite is perfectly. Maybe not as good at target play, turning the corner or dropping down to build up, so against teams that park the bus he could be used for rotation on the left wing.

He would fit perfectly, since he is a top class player on at least two of our offensive positions. He would allow us to rest Salah one Mané, as well as Firmino. Would be a great impact sub in all situations.
From the times I’ve seen him in Bundesliga matches I’d say he is a very good striker of the ball with either foot, can score from anywhere around the 18. Not the clinical finisher of Kane, but is smaller, and not quite as strong.

Bucket loads of pace. Would be ideal on the quick strike counter that Klopp loves to employ. Imagine him, Salah, and Mane running a break, defenders would be shitting themselves.

If the £36M reported is a good number, I’d say it’s a fucking no brainer to bring him in.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
From the times I’ve seen him in Bundesliga matches I’d say he is a very good striker of the ball with either foot, can score from anywhere around the 18. Not the clinical finisher of Kane, but is smaller, and not quite as strong.

Bucket loads of pace. Would be ideal on the quick strike counter that Klopp loves to employ. Imagine him, Salah, and Mane running a break, defenders would be shitting themselves.

If the £36M reported is a good number, I’d say it’s a fucking no brainer to bring him in.
£36m? Damn... we should get him in for that price. Can't see it though in January, although I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for that in the summer.

Sweeting

Surprised to see Camacho leaving. He looked really promising last summer.
I think it is just a case of opportunity. He is naturally a wide attacking midfielder but his end product is somewhat lacking at this level and he would be behind the big three, Shaqiri, Origi, Solanke plus Wilson returning in the summer and Brewster coming back from injury.

As a winger he probably doesn't have the opportunity, nor the ability to force an opportunity, hence why we saw him at RB for the 1st team. At RB he will be behind Trent, Clyne and Gomez - he also has Hoever quickly developing behind him.

We would probably keep him but if a good club like Sporting offer £13.5m for a youth team player who has hardly any first team minutes AND we got him for free... makes sense to let him explore that option.

Red over the water

The Camacho deal is partly why the youth set up exists. We scout, sign and develop kids from all over. We should see some of them become good players who will be sold on to boost the coffers. Only the very best will make it here, and because of how good we are these days, that might be harder than ever. So it stands to reason that there will be quality players who don't make it at Liverpool but should go on to do well at other clubs.

It's a rare player we let go and have regret over it. Some of them e.g. Coady, Suso, Alberto, are having nice careers and would be worth a few bob on the open market, but even now, after they have all kicked on by getting game time away from here, I couldn't exactly make a case for them to come back.

If Camacho goes on to become world class, we will have made a mistake. But I would expect he will go on to be a good but not great player, and as such, the fee mentioned at this stage is fair enough.

Red over the water

Yep, agree with that.

It's a fine line with good players coming through, as they have to be excellent to get a sniff. Camacho is a good young player, but good enough for the team we are becoming, at this stage of his career? Nope!

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
If Liverpool sell Camacho for the reported £13.5m then the sale of Solanke and Camacho will see us raise around £31m.

Not bad for a free transfer and a compensation payment.
Isn't £30mil about half what it's costing us to upgrade Melwood? Now I know they aren't linked but that sort of money coming in on serves to prove our academy is doing a great job.

lillypad_33

TIA New Signing
I can't help but think that the club are looking at bringing in a big player in January....
Why the outgoings if not?
Clyne is leaving just for the wage bill.
The other two are leaving in order to have some cash to splurge.

I can only hope right?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I can't help but think that the club are looking at bringing in a big player in January....
Why the outgoings if not?
Clyne is leaving just for the wage bill.
The other two are leaving in order to have some cash to splurge.

I can only hope right?
Klopp has always insisted he will let players leave unless it's going to leave us really short (Mignolet). Even with Clyne gone we have 4 players for the two full back positions if you count Milner, which I do. That's not including Fabinho or Gomez.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Mate, if you're a Liverpool fan then you should consider referring to your team as 'we' instead of 'they' and 'we're' instead of 'they're' :well done:
I use them interchangeably. Perhaps you should find better things to do than critique what pronouns I'm using. :well done:

C

Caradoc

The Lloyd Kelly rumours have cooled right down now. Apparently, Arsenal are his most likely destination.

Some Loons on the Twattersphere are convinced we’re going to sign Fekir and Werner this transfer window ....... ! lol

Last edited by a moderator: