• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Theo Walcott (RW) Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
Walcott is not good enough for us but he is good enough for the Mancs I suppose

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Well, he fits their counter-attacking football like a glove, has provided God knows how many goals for Van Persie in last two seasons and can finish. Is he good enough to be a starter in their current squad? Hell no!

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
No.. yeah that's what I kind of meant but realistically he would be a starter in our squad just like Sturridge would. I'm not saying I want him though like I want Sturridge.

lfc.8

I would like to see Walcott move to either City, Chelsea or United. He won't strengthen their teams too much, but it will weaken Arsenal. At the moment, City, Chelsea and United have the better squads and money to go with it. We're still trying to compete for top 4. So in that sense it would be good.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
I would like to see Walcott move to either City, Chelsea or United. He won't strengthen their teams too much, but it will weaken Arsenal. At the moment, City, Chelsea and United have the better squads and money to go with it. We're still trying to compete for top 4. So in that sense it would be good.

Might be one of the few but I'd like to see him here to be honest.

Liverpool fan
Pacey
Knows where the goal is

Don't really understand what's not to like about him tbh

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Might be one of the few but I'd like to see him here to be honest.

Liverpool fan
Pacey
Knows where the goal is

Don't really understand what's not to like about him tbh
He does have genuine injury concerns.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
He does have genuine injury concerns.
A fair one though if that font of all knowledge Michael Owen is anything to go by, he's been rested lots as a youth so won't be subjected to burn out. Add into that the recovery piece in the Media Room thread. I don't see it as a bad thing tbh

Eggmundo

If you fail to plan, You plan to fail !
I Personally think he'll stay at Arsenal, they have been Key to his development and success so far. With the way things are going at Arsenal at the moment, and them clearly coming out saying they have plenty to spend in January, i cant see them not offering Theo his 80k p/w demands....

Get Cole out and give his wages to Theo ! DONE !

Eggmundo

Don't they always say they have loads to spend and then never spend it though??
That's Wenger for you mate, its always his choice not to spend big, the money is always there.... Just look at the players that see's signed for pennies and made huge returns on.... viera 3.5m sold for 13.7mhenry 10.5m sold for 16mnasri 15.8m sold for 22mclichy £250k sold for 7mkolo toure £150,000k sold for 16madebayor £7m sold for £25movermars 7m sold for £25mthe list goes on................. Wenger and his scouting team have a history of picking people up for pennies and making some serious pounds when the time is right !So he never has had to dig deep and spend lots, because they have conducted thier business the right way. Not like......well...comolli ! hahaha

Eggmundo

If only mate ! saying that he might be a free agent in a couple of weeks ! haha

No Men in the Box Redux

Keyboard Warrior
Very good, composed finished just then with his weaker foot. One thing is for certain, his finishing and composure in front of goal has really improved. Been saying this all along. Sterling CANNOT be starting every game. We only have one proper, pacy wide forward. We need to bring at least one more in. Even if he isn't left-footed. Walcott and Sterling rotating for a single position would be a very good idea. Having one of these players on the bench coming on as an impact sub would be very helpful as well. We've missed that option this year.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Very good, composed finished just then with his weaker foot. One thing is for certain, his finishing and composure in front of goal has really improved. Been saying this all along. Sterling CANNOT be starting every game. We only have one proper, pacy wide forward. We need to bring at least one more in. Even if he isn't left-footed. Walcott and Sterling rotating for a single position would be a very good idea. Having one of these players on the bench coming on as an impact sub would be very helpful as well. We've missed that option this year.
I'd say we've missed that option for the last 20 years.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
It's unfortunate that the better he plays, the better signing he looks and the less likely we are to sign him. City and Chelsea are apparently sniffing around now.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
The Liverpool manager has around £20 million to spend and hopes to conclude deals for Chelsea’s Daniel Sturridge and Blackpool’s former Liverpool midfielder Thomas Ince at the start of next month.

He is also monitoring Theo Walcott’s position at Arsenal, with Liverpool prepared to match the England international’s salary expectations of around £90,000 a week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9751579/Brendan-Rodgers-tells-Liverpool-fans-not-to-expect-instant-success-with-the-arrival-of-January-transfer-window.html

batt_red

TIA Reserve Team
Walcott is injured again! My main concern is his injury record! He is so fragile, I wonder if its worth the gamble especially when you look at his salary demands.

Surely there has to be better value out there.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Walcott is injured again! My main concern is his injury record! He is so fragile, I wonder if its worth the gamble especially when you look at his salary demands.

Surely there has to be better value out there.
Boy will fit right in to our club's idea of making sure our doctors have loads of work to do.... ;-)

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Is it just me or does Walcott's form always magically improve around contract talk time

Lucas

I simply don't see why he'd go to Chelsea, City or United..

United don't play inverted wingers, instead using traditionally wide wingers, and already have a dearth of strikers in Rooney, RVP, Welbeck and Chicharito. City have Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli, and don't even play wingers, hence why Sinclair, a similar player, has had no time. Chelsea, meanwhile, have Mata, Hazard et al in Walcott's position, and are odds on to be in for Falcao, so i really can't see them settling for Walcott with unlimited money available to get any striker anywhere..

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I simply don't see why he'd go to Chelsea, City or United..

United don't play inverted wingers, instead using traditionally wide wingers, and already have a dearth of strikers in Rooney, RVP, Welbeck and Chicharito. City have Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli, and don't even play wingers, hence why Sinclair, a similar player, has had no time. Chelsea, meanwhile, have Mata, Hazard et al in Walcott's position, and are odds on to be in for Falcao, so i really can't see them settling for Walcott with unlimited money available to get any striker anywhere..
I'm thinking Falcao will stay true to his word and move in the summer. Leaving Chelsea with Torres until then.They are willing to let Sturridge go at the start of the window so must have someone lined up.Chelsea can offer Walcott a regular role as a wide forward and as a back up centre forward (perhaps playing him there in the cups).They can pay more than Arsenal.Arsenal will not want to let him go for free, will get a decent fee for him and already have a big pile of cash to spend.Walcott wants to stay in London.

Lucas

I'm thinking Falcao will stay true to his word and move in the summer. Leaving Chelsea with Torres until then.They are willing to let Sturridge go at the start of the window so must have someone lined up.Chelsea can offer Walcott a regular role as a wide forward and as a back up centre forward (perhaps playing him there in the cups).They can pay more than Arsenal.Arsenal will not want to let him go for free, will get a decent fee for him and already have a big pile of cash to spend.Walcott wants to stay in London.
But they've just got Moses for that role and he seems to be in very good form so i can't see them needing another?

NZred

The Red From NZ
Agree. City, United and Chelsea all seem like dumb moves from him. Spurs maybe? Really can't see him coming here.

Lucas

Agree. City, United and Chelsea all seem like dumb moves from him. Spurs maybe? Really can't see him coming here.
Again, Spurs play with wide wingers, and I can't see him moving to Arsenal's bitter rivals

coughing

Where's Steve Finnan?
whatever happened to him being a life long fan? Surely arsenal fans would rather him come here than chelsea/both the manunited clubs. Judging by our current state, we don't pose a threat to their title chances at all. Hell we can even give them Downing to sweeten the pot

NZred

The Red From NZ
Again, Spurs play with wide wingers, and I can't see him moving to Arsenal's bitter rivals
Doesn't he want to play straight up the gut? Ala Defoe? And no-one ever moves between the two clubs..

Status
Not open for further replies.