• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Theo Walcott (RW) Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
But they've just got Moses for that role and he seems to be in very good form so i can't see them needing another?
He's better than Victor Moses who for my money's a bit of a brain dead Baros merchant. He does play a fair bit under Rafa but like full backs, real wingers were never his forte.

If he doesn't renew with Arsenal, which I think he will, Chelsea IMO will be where he ends up. They are a bit short up front, while Sturridge ends up here perhaps as he seems to have been frozen out

a0001matt

TIA Squad Member
I don't know, you have to consider that Walcott has been at Arsenal since their trophy drought kicked in.

It may be very possible that he is blindly loyal to Wenger, but it's also possible that he has seen the cracks grow wider and wider.

I don't follow the news at Arsenal closely enough to know if it is Theo or Wenger who is delaying negotiations.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I don't follow the news at Arsenal closely enough to know if it is Theo or Wenger who is delaying negotiations.
Without following closely, I think I can make a pretty good guess on why it has been delayed and who is delaying it. Basically both parties have already set their terms on the table. You don't sit down day and night trying to solve something when the terms were totally off. Wenger and Co may not think Walcott is worth the 100K a week he is demanding, and also a starting berth in the middle. Wenger is a coach and a manager, he didn't even make full blown effort to stop the likes of Fabregas and Van Persi go, you think Walcott is better than those two?

Obviously Walcott wants to stay in Arsenal, unless the likes of United and Chelsea or City comes in for him. So far nobody has done that, and his agents surely trying to get better deals outside for him.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Liverpool FC give up on Theo Walcott January deal, but hope to sign him for free next summer
by James Pearce

LIVERPOOL FC have given up on trying to sign Theo Walcott in January – but will attempt to lure the Arsenal attacker to Anfield when he's a free agent next summer.

The Reds were prepared to table a bid of £8million for the 23-year-old England international, who has snubbed the Gunners’ offer of a new five-year contract.

Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City have also shown interest in securing Walcott's services.

However, Liverpool now believe that Walcott will stay put in January and see out the remaining months of his deal at the Emirates.

Arsene Wenger has made it clear that Arsenal won't look to cash in on the player next month and that suits Walcott, who will be able to weigh up a number of lucrative options after his contract has expired in June.

Competition for his signature will be tough with Juventus among a number of top European clubs who have been monitoring his situation.

The Reds' hopes of convincing him to move to Anfield as a free agent are buoyed by the fact that Walcott was a boyhood Liverpool fan. He also has the same agent as boss Brendan Rodgers.

However, Liverpool know that being able to offer Champions League football will also be an important factor in Walcott's decision.

The Reds currently stand seven points adrift of the top four but Rodgers is hoping that a double swoop for Tom Ince and Daniel Sturridge in January will provide the extra firepower needed to close that gap in the second half of the season.

As revealed in Tuesday's ECHO, the Ince deal is close to completion and Liverpool will pay Blackpool around £4million for the winger.

Sturridge is increasingly likely to join him at Anfield. The Reds are happy to meet Chelsea's £12million asking price but they have yet to agree terms with the striker.

Both transfers can't be completed until the transfer window reopens on January 1.

http://www.liverpool...00252-32464525/

I expected this outcome for January - provided he doesn't sign a new contract.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Starting up front as centre forward again.

Two league starts back to back Wenger has caved in and given him what he wants.

Sure it will be only a matter of time before he signs a contract now.

Nikola

Admin
And he put in a good shift today. It was perhaps a soft but an inevitable penalty on him but he was rather good in his movement and had a great chance that Al-Habsi saved with his crazy reflexes.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
I have been thinking recently he would sign an extension, I have to be realistic and think theres no way in hell he would want to come to us.

reddutchman

red. rouge. rojo.
absolutely running riot vs newcastle right now. hope we can snap him up, he would offer us a new dimension methinks.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Wonder if people think he's still got no end product

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Won't be going anywhere.

Playing at centre forward scoring goals for fun.

Not even Wenger would be stubborn enough to move him back to the wing surely?

Credit Card

TIA Reserve Team
He'll wait till summer and pick up a mega contract, whether that's with Arsenal or someone else.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
I wonder if his agents or he himself would be stupid/greedy enough to move him to city or chelsea next summer. although he also seems to be a lad that wants to play football and not rot on a bench.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I wonder if his agents or he himself would be stupid/greedy enough to move him to city or chelsea next summer. although he also seems to be a lad that wants to play football and not rot on a bench.
Many thought they would play an integral role in a team that could win things.... and when they get there, their role is to make sure the bench is warm enough for their other star players. So you may never know. Besides he wants central role, that rule us out..... unless...

"he is a fan, his idol loves us and he looks good on red." lol

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
like rodwell who attacked adam johnson after he said young players shouldn't move to city because that might ruin their career?and rodwell sure plays an integral role in the city (reserve) team. :)

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Dunno why any young player would do it suppose money, look at Scott Sinclair more than likely would have played under Laudrup at Swansea yet he goes to City and I think I have seen him twice.

RedIsland

I do'nt think this is gonna happen.He started centrally today and scored 3,fans are whipping up a Theo lovefest and he has Henry whispering sweet nothings in his ear about how he can be the next...him!

If he is a target he is moving out of our firing range IMO.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Dunno why any young player would do it suppose money, look at Scott Sinclair more than likely would have played under Laudrup at Swansea yet he goes to City and I think I have seen him twice.
From 20 K a week or less, they now went to a club giving them 60-80K a week. That's like you able to buy a new BMW 3 series every week in your current smaller club, while you can go and splurge on a Porsche Carrera S each week for the heck of it. Big difference. Hence why young kids move to big club. Earn crazy money for a couple of years then move on to smaller club after paying off your big house and have extras to buy your mom and dad their dream house too. Then they start playing real football.

Nikola

Admin
Some performance from him yesterday. His value is skyrocketing with every game he plays, it seems.

Nikola

Admin
And that means?
He's not coming? ;)
Actually, I'm more worried we would give in to his demands and that he might flop if he gets here. However, his goals against Newcastle were indeed magical, credit where it's due.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
Actually, I'm more worried we would give in to his demands and that he might flop if he gets here. However, his goals against Newcastle were indeed magical, credit where it's due.
So you think he would move to liverpool just for the money?

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
I think if he were gonna come here in january,the deal would probably be well underway to being completed,like Ince and Sturridge.My guess would be that we have dropped any intrest we may have had in him and 1 of the aforementioned 2 have been picked up instead of him,probably Ince.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I think if he were gonna come here in january,the deal would probably be well underway to being completed,like Ince and Sturridge.My guess would be that we have dropped any intrest we may have had in him and 1 of the aforementioned 2 have been picked up instead of him,probably Ince.
Is right, IMO. If he's going anywhere in England then it's Chelsea or Man City. My bet is that he stays at Les Arse. There is interest abroad as well, from Juventus I think. If I were him I'd definitely consider that. More chance of playing AND winning things there than with Arsenal. At Chelsea or City he'd probably play only half as much as at any other club.Edit: I seem to remember reading earlier today on Twitter that there will be a board meeting at Emirates tomorrow to decide what to do with Walcott.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
Is right, IMO. If he's going anywhere in England then it's Chelsea or Man City. My bet is that he stays at Les Arse. There is interest abroad as well, from Juventus I think. If I were him I'd definitely consider that. More chance of playing AND winning things there than with Arsenal. At Chelsea or City he'd probably play only half as much as at any other club.Edit: I seem to remember reading earlier today on Twitter that there will be a board meeting at Emirates tomorrow to decide what to do with Walcott.
I still wouldn't mind him here but his best showing for Arsenal has been this season when he has either been looking to move,looking to dictate where he plays or looking for more money,and that to me leaves a question mark over his attitude/intentions.They may be good if he is just looking for more playing time but if he is looking for more money or to dictate where he wants to play then they are not so good.

baxter

TIA Youth Team
If his form keeps up, he'll be earning a lot more than the 100k he is demanding. Wenger will probably fold on this one and give him anything he wants.

The only chance we had of getting him was if he stayed out on the wing.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
If his form keeps up, he'll be earning a lot more than the 100k he is demanding. Wenger will probably fold on this one and give him anything he wants.

The only chance we had of getting him was if he stayed out on the wing.
Wenger never gives into to player demands just like that

Nikola

Admin
So you think he would move to liverpool just for the money?
I wasn't saying that but you know that I don't rate him highly and that he's an inconsistent player, so I wouldn't be surprised if he flops. I'm convinced that he will sign on for Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.