• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Theo Walcott (RW) Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
For me it was always likely that he would sign a new deal with Aresnal.
I wouldn't pay a fee for him now anyway but would offer a deal on a free in the summer if it gets that far. If he turned that down it would show he doesn't want to play for us and we move on.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
My only worry is that the big summer will be followed by quotes like- we couldn't get value for our money...

I'm a miserable fcuk I know but the last years have almost gotten to me.

I need a 22m€ surprise signing right now.
I think you are summarising the current mind-set of a lot (not all but a lot) of fans now.
I too won't mind a marquee signing. But i don't think it will happen.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I think you are summarising the current mind-set of a lot (not all but a lot) of fans now.
I too won't mind a marquee signing. But i don't think it will happen.
Well I guess the marquee our club management is talking about not the same as the ones we are looking at. Sturridge is as good as you get these days.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I think that the most of us here expected him to sign a new contract, though I expected that it would be a bit more protracted and dramatic, you know, to give Arsenal a shot in the arm around March or so in their quest for top four. Oh, well.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Well I guess the marquee our club management is talking about not the same as the ones we are looking at. Sturridge is as good as you get these days.
Yes. I think so. BR called 'Borini' - exciting signing to fans if i remember.
Having a little nervousness thinking about that classy number 10 of summer - going by the current standards.

TippRed

TIA Youth Team
Yes. I think so. BR called 'Borini' - exciting signing to fans if i remember.
Having a little nervousness thinking about that classy number 10 of summer - going by the current standards.
And the exiting No 10 is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>James Pilkington. YAY.only 25mil but he has potential.Sorry guys. the Pessamism has soaked through to my soul as well.

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Seems like this thread could be locked given the state of Walcott's future contract and the snarky nature of commentary towards our future offseason.

Drian

TIA Youth Team
I think it's time to close this.

Walcott Set To Sign New Arsenal Contract Today

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/walcott-set-to-sign-new-arsenal-contract-today-22573/?

Arsenal forward Theo Walcott is on the verge of signing a new deal at the club today to end the speculation over his future.

In August Walcott rejected a five year deal worth £75,000 a week and many believed he would be the next player to leave the Emirates Stadium, but an agreement between the player and the club is now imminent.

The BBC says that if the legal formalities can be thrashed out quickly then a deal could be announced Friday afternoon.

However it is expected that Arsenal, who face Chelsea on Sunday, will announce the England international’s contract extension early next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.