• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Thiago Alcantara (CM) Bayern Munich

What will Thiago be leaning on?

• Six *real* European Cups.

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Crying Owen Hargreaves.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Some moody bit of wall round Melwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The ‘Best Midfield’ song, ready to go again.

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • That five million quid Barca now owe us (they don’t)

• Table with a ‘contract’ on it. Prop pen. Awkward smile. Maybe a thumbs up.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • All his new Nike shit.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Pile of discarded ‘FSG OUT’ signs. But steady on, Thiago. Twitter will need them back in a week.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Anfield centre circle, looking like it belongs to him and everyone else can do one.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Gini, in a double contract signing bonanza.

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Allianz Arena, lads. It’s not happening.

• Tearful, and visibly agitated (more than usual) Pep

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Gini’s old locker :(

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
I’m watching too and everything start with him, for the love of god wat are we waiting for.
We ready to pull the trigger, its Gini, Wilson or Grujic that's being selfish.

nobluff

As good as our midfielders are, none of them can pass the ball like this.

Said it before but this is the first real exciting link for me since we were in for Fekir. Thiago's ability on the ball is world class.
Just hope he isn’t interested in playing for 2 times pep again. He would slot in here as if he has always been here.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
If it was possible to hijack the Havertz deal, do you think you'd rather sign him or Thiago?

It's been reported that finances were never the real obstacles to the Thiago move. It was the lack of squad places. If we sell Grujic/Wilson/Gini, we all of a sudden have a big chunk of money and a squad place for a player of Havertz's caliber.

I think I'd rather have Havertz.

BigJon

It's a great position to be in when the discussion of transfers is about elite players that would grace any of Europe's top teams. It is only a few years ago that the signings were mediocre at best. Great job done by the owners and management team. Couple this with the now world-class academy and scouting network the transformation is amazing. The future looks very bright.

nobluff

If it was possible to hijack the Havertz deal, do you think you'd rather sign him or Thiago?

It's been reported that finances were never the real obstacles to the Thiago move. It was the lack of squad places. If we sell Grujic/Wilson/Gini, we all of a sudden have a big chunk of money and a squad place for a player of Havertz's caliber.

I think they so different that its difficult to compare them. I do think Havertz offers more of something we don’t have, yet with Thiago it seems like he controls the flow of the game.

Havertz was the one player I really wanted us to sign, and Thiago wasn’t really on the radar.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

Completely separate and should have no impact on each other. Losing Gini this summer plus maybe the Awoniyi and Phillips sales should cover Thiago and open up a spot for him in the deeper CM roles. I'd say sales of Shaqiri, Origi and Wilson would open up room in attack and bring in the funds for someone like Havertz. The problem is what we need is a wide forward type as opposed to a Havertz type. I also don't think we will spend every penny we make from sales or that we would need to. In this situation discussed we would still have the money from Karius, Grujic, Ejaria, Ojo and Woodburn sales to fund a CB too.

StevenAlonso

Are we going to fuck this signing up ? Whats taking so long ?
Yup..looks like the case..No new signings other than some youth players for the academy unless we sell some players..Corono thing needs to go for the sake of humanity..

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Intriguing that the closest to him is Keita, still feel this will happen but will only happen once some players are sold, that’s pretty much what Klopp has said.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Any “supporter” that continues to cry about Thiago just show them tape of Curtis Jones Jr.

BREAKING: Thiago isn’t coming.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Might just be a case of waiting for the international break to finish. Spain play tomorrow, after which he Will be free to get it sorted.
Didn’t stop Havertz from getting his deal done with Chelsea. He left Germany’s camp to finalize his deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.