• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Thiago Alcantara (CM) Bayern Munich

What will Thiago be leaning on?

• Six *real* European Cups.

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Crying Owen Hargreaves.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Some moody bit of wall round Melwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The ‘Best Midfield’ song, ready to go again.

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • That five million quid Barca now owe us (they don’t)

• Table with a ‘contract’ on it. Prop pen. Awkward smile. Maybe a thumbs up.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • All his new Nike shit.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Pile of discarded ‘FSG OUT’ signs. But steady on, Thiago. Twitter will need them back in a week.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Anfield centre circle, looking like it belongs to him and everyone else can do one.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Gini, in a double contract signing bonanza.

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Allianz Arena, lads. It’s not happening.

• Tearful, and visibly agitated (more than usual) Pep

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Gini’s old locker :(

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Exactly! Look at how much different and well oiled the side played when Curtis came in for Fab.
- Blackpool play in League One
- Thiago and Jones play in totally different positions; there's no way we use him as part of a double pivot in the Premier League/Champions League
- let's see what happens, I would still really like to add Thiago now or next summer

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
- Blackpool play in League One
- Thiago and Jones play in totally different positions; there's no way we use him as part of a double pivot in the Premier League/Champions League
- let's see what happens, I would still really like to add Thiago now or next summer
Wait what?! Don’t shoot the messenger. I’m just recycling what I’ve been told by better educated supporters than myself.

EDIT: all kidding aside, to your last point, Thiago will sign somewhere this window. Bayern aren’t losing him for free. So if Liverpool don’t sign him this window he won’t be around next Summer.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Didn’t stop Havertz from getting his deal done with Chelsea. He left Germany’s camp to finalize his deal.
Different clubs, nations, and probably priorities. Just because one has left international duty doesn't mean its a free for all.

liver1

Its more than likely it needs to be one out one in. We have 7 CM's Milner, Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum, Ox, Fabinho, Jones, competing for 3 spots.

If Gini signs a new contract he probably wont be coming as its hard to justify an 8th CM.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Different clubs, nations, and probably priorities. Just because one has left international duty doesn't mean its a free for all.
Lol ok. I was rebutting your statement. Just because you didn’t like what I said and that it doesn’t neatly fall in line with your ideal, doesn’t mean it isn’t so. But if you say so. The proverbial pillow between our knees.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Lol ok. I was rebutting your statement. Just because you didn’t like what I said and that it doesn’t neatly fall in line with your ideal, doesn’t mean it isn’t so. But if you say so. The proverbial pillow between our knees.
Not really but if you feel better thinking that great

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Mate, with all due respect (and as someone who can be a bit of a dick myself), leave this attitude on TIA when we all migrate to TAN. You've been uncharacteristically aggressive/sarcastic with other posters across like 4 different threads today. I have a lot of time for your perspective but these kinds of posts do nothing good.

The Big Finn

TIA Youth Team
It seems that Thiago is maybe getting a bit pissed off with the whole thing. I think should make a move now before he decides 'Fuck it. I'll leave next year on a free.'
https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/05/live...-utd-transfer-news-thiago-alcantara-13227104/
I don't really read it that way. I think it's more "please don't ask me about my future because I can't tell you anything". I'd actually read it more as: "unless I get a good offer from my preferred club, I'm going to see out my contract here".

Genuine question here: if he were to sign a precontract in January, what sort of bonus might he receive compared to a signing on bonus if he signed tomorrow ?

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Now some reports say he could return to Barca - was waiting for this (and for City to get involved) since the beginning tbh.

vjcpatriot

I really do feel it's a case of FSG saying, sure you can have Thiago but you've gotta offload Wijnaldum or Grujic first. So buying Thigao really looks contingent on offloading one of our surplus midfielders FIRST. And that would explain the holdup.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
I’m not sure Covid has hit us harder, but I’d suggest most of the clubs that are spending at the minute are doing so by borrowing money in the context of a deeply uncertain financial future. Good luck to them, but it could easily go tits up.

On the other hand we’ve decided to be cautious, and part of that is influenced by the idea that we don’t actually need to spend big to reach the top. We’re there already.
Think we also need to remember that FSG also own the Red Sox....big costs/reduced revenue and Roush Racing big costs/reduced revenue so its not just LFC they have to consider they have several teams in several catergories and are hurting from Covid on all fronts.

Completely comfortable with the no debt approach we have been there before and it didnt work out real great for us and those screaming the loudest for signings now would also be the first to pull out the torches and pitchforks if FSG starting loading debt against the club.

If we dont get Thiago oh well, like to have him for sure, but wont be losing sleep if we dont. We won the Epl and CL without him, he’s a luxury signing. He’s an upgrade and probably starts so I see why others want him but not at all costs.

big noyd

this
Now some reports say he could return to Barca - was waiting for this (and for City to get involved) since the beginning tbh.
i've gone off the rails, but still, this seems like the usual combination of pr bullshit & bullying from barca

liver1

General spending is low all round this window. The biggest net spender is Chelsea but they had their Hazard money as well as selling Morata for £50million.

The next biggest spender is Leeds at £62million.

Man City £30million net spend. Mancs £35million. Arsenal £30million.

brush85

I really do feel it's a case of FSG saying, sure you can have Thiago but you've gotta offload Wijnaldum or Grujic first. So buying Thigao really looks contingent on offloading one of our surplus midfielders FIRST. And that would explain the holdup.
Add Wilson to that, too. The sales part of things have been quite slow...slower than I expected, at least

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Well they tend to be black, or concrete grey with a white line down the middle. No, seriously in what sense? A30 is a mental road without doubt but I'm not wholly familiar with it. off the top of my head I'd say sections of the A1, A4, A14 and A303 are as bad, maybe worse from a traffic load perspective.

if you want to open a Civil Engineering thread I'm more than happy to chime in. I've been fortunate to work on some pretty major projects in my time through to some design insights and even some politics. Too much politics in it for my liking.

By the way all of it is mental.
Before the forums close I just want to out Noo Noo as big Liverpool fan, John Oliver... ;)

Noo Noo

Before the forums close I just want to out Noo Noo as big Liverpool fan, John Oliver... ;)

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: pretty sure you tried to sneak that one in as a permanent record prior to forum closure. You are a very naughty boy.

That said based on my views of members being based on their avatars I was pleasantly surprised to see a remarkable similarity between John Olivers haircut and your avatars.

Status
Not open for further replies.