Things that other fans do that I don’t understand

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Shout racist or homophobic abuse at players. I've heard it at so many games and just cannot understand the mentality of it.
Where?

I've never heard any at Anfield at a game and I've been going for the last 9-10 years regularly.

The only thing I've ever heard there was when watching the Chelsea FA cup final at Anfield (shite idea btw) and some student lad called Ramirez a "black bastard" when he scored. He was confronted by a local and thrown out.

I've sat in the Bolton home end twice and they had borderline homophobic remarks for Gerrard, but nothing too bad.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Haven't been to Anfield for a while, but I use my rucksack for packing away my shorts, shin pads, ipad and half 'n half for the journey home.
And don't forget your captains' armband, or do you wear that nowdays?

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Yep.hillsborough is a a tough one.

I do feel, 12,000 k away or whatever, that some fans glorify in the disaster.

Once met a guy with a 96 tattoo...obviously I presumed he was personally affected.....nope....he’d never even been to Liverpool......seemed a bit, wrongish, to me.

Maybe I’m being too judgemental.

Flobs

FADA
Getting so pissed before the game you have to have a piss after 10 minutes, that is especially true if your sat on the ends of the crowd.

Fans from economically poor areas singing that sign on crap, the best was Stoke (which had one of the highest unemployment rates at the time).

Filming corners, just in case, or as this woman did at a Palace game a few years back film about 65 mins before she was told to stop.

Actually Palace have a few other traits, apparently they never get any decisions there way and the idea that their crowd is up for it because they have a small corner of fans who somehow avoid safety legislation, the rest of the ground is quiet as fuck.
I was going to mention drinking before a match. At least drinking in excess. Having some drunken twit agressing other supporters and then vomiting everywhere really is a not nice.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
.......unless you’ve had enough drinks yourself that is....

Flobs

FADA
Flags and those pesky plastic sticks they go on. Watch your eyes. Oh! and umbrellas then the umbrellas aren't so bad as they come out when it rains so you can't see what's going on on the pitch antway.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Yes, fucking rucksacks. A relatively new phenomenon. What does one carry to a football match in a rucksack? Somebody please enlighten me.
Christ Jafford. You’re so intolerant.

It’s obviously for their full kit, half and half scarf, selfie stick and crap cardboard sign asking Salah for his shirt.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Newcastle fans without their shirts.
City fans booing James "Mr. Nice Guy" Milner.
City fans in general.

Think they're our rivals. They seem to dislike us more than United these days.

Call us victims but still haven't stopped crying about their bus (RIP).

Can't fill the stadium because of traffic. The Etihad is a mile and a bit walk from Piccadilly which is served by local trains and trams from all over greater Manchester (which is where they're all from), as is Man Victoria.

They're Everton with (real) billionaire owners. The biggest small time club in the world.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
I was going to mention drinking before a match. At least drinking in excess. Having some drunken twit agressing other supporters and then vomiting everywhere really is a not nice.
Yeah that’s a good one. Went to Arsenal away a few years ago and the young lad behind us came in 10 minuted late, sat down, threw up down the back of our seats and my wife’s coat then fell asleep. Missed the whole game. What’s the point of that ? Rugby is even worse particular internationals.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Yeah that’s a good one. Went to Arsenal away a few years ago and the young lad behind us came in 10 minuted late, sat down, threw up down the back of our seats and my wife’s coat then fell asleep. Missed the whole game. What’s the point of that ? Rugby is even worse particular internationals.
The lad probably had a belter of a trip down to London in fairness.

epsomred

Christ Jafford. You’re so intolerant.

It’s obviously for their full kit, half and half scarf, selfie stick and crap cardboard sign asking Salah for his shirt.
That’s another one. Asking players for their shirts with your crap homemade sign. Used to be cute not it’s endemic.

Commando

Spare ball, boots and rig. Flask of tea, cup, milk, packed lunch, 6-pack of beer. Swiss army knife, warm hat, map, book, reading glasses., Blanket, spare coat, toothbrush/toothpaste. Snorkel and mask, shorts, towel. Hammer, screwdrivers, wire strippers.
You never know....
No need for a rucksack. I fit all of that in the pockets of my cargo trousers. Then my hands are free to hold my selfie stick.:well done:

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
To be fair I bring my bag with me as I travel from London (And I use the cheap 4 hour shitty trains) but it easily goes under the seat.

It's excessive drinking to be honest, I've had a couple before the match in the past. As for Homophobia I haven't heard any at Anfield though I've heard it at other grounds, racism I have thankfully never heard and if I did I'd report it.

jaffod

Chelsea fans who hate us with a passion, as if we have some kind of historic rivalry.
It's got nothing to do with rivalry in a football sense. They are fucking pig-ignorant bigots. Spoon-fed opinion by shitty rags who peddle all the old scouse stereotypes.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Yes, fucking rucksacks. A relatively new phenomenon. What does one carry to a football match in a rucksack? Somebody please enlighten me.
To be fair, I'm planning on going to start going to semi regularly watch a local non-league team which is a 12ish mile walk round trip, so i'll likely be taking a rucksack when i walk it to carry everything you might take on a regular 12 mile walk. And last time I went to non-league I won a 70cl bottle of Bells and had to carry it back on the train and bus. A rucksack would've been handy.

For me, I don't understand fans singing about thing that have nothing to do with them. Like Norwich used to do the Suarez you know what you are one. Now United singing i get, but what the fuck had it to do with Norwich?

Also nicking songs/traditions from other clubs.

Dave-D

For me, I don't understand fans singing about thing that have nothing to do with them. Like Norwich used to do the Suarez you know what you are one. Now United singing i get, but what the fuck had it to do with Norwich?
To them Suarez was a nightmare and they probably hoped it would put him off. It had the opposite effect as his record against them was 11 in 5 with two hat tricks so he knew what he was a nightmare lollollol

epsomred

Full kits on adults. It’s a fine line though isn’t it. Replica shirts are ok, original vintage shirts are very cool (my wife has a big collection) but full kit with socks and god forbid shin pads means you are a wanker. There are a few websites that feature these people and unfortunately there seem to be a lot of reds who have gone down this terrible path of shame. Please can we all agree that after the age of say 10 we stop wearing full LFC kits unless it’s to 5 aside.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Saw a guy shouting angrily at the Cardiff fans yesterday whilst holding up his scarf and pointing to it. It was a half and half :rolleyes:

Also saw a grown man watching the game with one of those paper face masks on (might have been Trent's face, not sure). Cringe.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Full kits on adults. It’s a fine line though isn’t it. Replica shirts are ok, original vintage shirts are very cool (my wife has a big collection) but full kit with socks and god forbid shin pads means you are a wanker. There are a few websites that feature these people and unfortunately there seem to be a lot of reds who have gone down this terrible path of shame. Please can we all agree that after the age of say 10 we stop wearing full LFC kits unless it’s to 5 aside.
Whilst I hate FKWs', the once that have their own special place in hell are the ones like these 2 that include wearing a captains' armband or head gear

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Why the exception for 5 aside?!

Whilst I hate FKWs', the once that have their own special place in hell are the ones like these 2 that include wearing a captains' armband or head gear

Love the fact that Mesut Ozil is trolling him by being a footballer dressed as a normal fan.

dockers_strike

Not sure if the OP is on a wind up. What's wrong with sitting behind the goal, it is what the players are aiming at after all!

What Ive never understood about other fans is: those who start clapping halfway through YNWA, those divvies who drink so much before the game that they get to their seat late, go for a piss from the 38th minute and come back to their seat 3 or 4 minutes after the 2nd half starts. Then there are those who would rather get a quick get away from the ground so leave the GAME any time after 70 minutes play!

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Best example of this was a guy who ran down the steps near me and mate at Swansea, he had the complete kit on with even Astro turf boots that suggested he was going come on for the second half. We couldn’t stop laughing.

Personally never worn a full kit actually never actually owned the same socks and shorts. I needed a red pair and they were on sale so I got them but most of the time Sondico will do. Though I now have a fetching lime green top and lime green socks, I went with black shorts for our 11 aside.