• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Things that other fans do that I don’t understand

Foldy

Laughing my head off at this. Thought the fella was taking the piss at first but judging by the replies it looks completely legit. Absolutely mental
I noticed that a lot of the forum joining dates are around 2008/2009, is that because their forum went online around then or is it the inevitable upsurge from gloryhunters jumping on the band wagon??

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Not only in the stands, but even in the pub I still don't get how someone can regularly be on his phone almost half the time and follow the match so closely to have a quality debate about whatever happened. WhatsApp groups becoming like live text commentary or something. Can't stand it. Always turn my internet connection off, don't want any distractions.
They usually jinx it our football team lot, I told one to shut the fuck up and got a "Jeez" during the Barca game.... not Jinxing beating the mighty Barca 4-0 after being 3-0 from some guy who shows up every saturday late.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Anyhow one chant that I absolutely bloody hate is that "He's one of our own", I turned to my mate when I first heard it and went is there anything more depressing than that. Best thing was the guy wasn't he had been signed from Preston's youth team I think.

Also don't really get leaving the ground early, I've left as soon as the whistle has gone on several occasions and got on the front 3 buses at Anfield. I think Hodgson would have tested my patience mind. I think it was the only time I've turned off Liverpool due to the performance rather than in relation to anxiety. (Was Blackburn or Newcastle if you are interested)

igor_piss_can

Anyhow one chant that I absolutely bloody hate is that "He's one of our own", I turned to my mate when I first heard it and went is there anything more depressing than that. Best thing was the guy wasn't he had been signed from Preston's youth team I think.

Also don't really get leaving the ground early, I've left as soon as the whistle has gone on several occasions and got on the front 3 buses at Anfield. I think Hodgson would have tested my patience mind. I think it was the only time I've turned off Liverpool due to the performance rather than in relation to anxiety. (Was Blackburn or Newcastle if you are interested)
Can't stand people who do this. Was in the Annie Rd end for the Leicester draw last season (If I remember rightly City had just lost to Newcastle the night before & we had a chance to go 7 pts clear with a win) & there were dozens of people getting off with 5-10 minutes to go when the score was level.

Ended up telling a group of them not to bother coming back because it was doing my head in that much. More arsed about saving 5 minutes on their drive home than they are about the chance to catch a late winner in a title race

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Can't stand people who do this. Was in the Annie Rd end for the Leicester draw last season (If I remember rightly City had just lost to Newcastle the night before & we had a chance to go 7 pts clear with a win) & there were dozens of people getting off with 5-10 minutes to go when the score was level.

Ended up telling a group of them not to bother coming back because it was doing my head in that much. More arsed about saving 5 minutes on their drive home than they are about the chance to catch a late winner in a title race
To be fair even when we are coasting 5-0 you can't drag me away.

Nerves were shot in the 4-3 against Man city a season or so back. Will probably be the best ever game I see at Anfield.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Fans that run on to the pitch and injure the fucking goalkeeper.
I don’t understand Liverpool fans running on the pitch especially. Every Liverpool Fan running on the pitch needs to be put in front of a presentation showing how football fans used to be contained behind metal bars, and explaining where that led.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Fans nowadays unable to celebrate a terrific achievement like winning a SIXTH champions league trophy. Or any trophy, like the Super Cup. After both, in here it felt like someone had died. Hardly any celebration and some were already back to moaning (especially after the Super Cup).

I think it's something to do with the internet age, or many modern fans always expecting glory every season. And when it does come, in this information age everything is so fast paced nowadays that we can't detach ourselves from the constant stream of information, and just enjoy what we have. Some people on here were already worrying about who we would or wouldn't bring in the day after we won the Super Cup.

I don't include many of our older fans who have lived through our glory years and beyond, and have more experience in being a supporter. I do blame my own generation in this (People who have been brought up on the internet their whole lives).

On another note, if I want to moan (now aside), I'll not do it on a forum and drag my misery onto everyone else. I'll take a break and come back when things are more positive.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Switching teams as an adult. My brother in law was a West Ham fan for years but now claims to be a Manc. Never goes though but refers to them as “we”. Nice enough guy but I can’t really talk to him about football any more.