• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thomas Ince (LW/RW) Blackpool FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Seems like we wasted an awfull lot of time trying to get Dempsey, an ultimately futile endeavour, and apparently no fallback target was considered; this essentially screwed the first half of our season through a lack of striking options. I sincerely hope the lesson has been learned and BR will not once again be guilty of suffering tunnel vision, this time over Ince.

RedBaron

Curse you RedBaron!!!!
Why oh why are we as a club sweating over signing a player we through out with the bath water!
He is too slow for the prem and will not be a regular in two years time, why bother?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Think Oyston is shooting himself in the foot here to be honest.

With the chaos going on at Blackpool over manager changes forcing your star player to stay an extra 6 or even 18 months missing out on his dream move, possibly for good, not good football decision.

Ince won't be playing well enough due to emotionally "not being with it" and the team won't be playing well enough to showcase him due to the manager issues.

If we walk away now in disgust at their behaviour think thats it, doubt we would go back.

Blackpool have done very well off us recently getting to talk to our out of contract departing youngsters first and benefitting as a loan destination, doubt that will continue.

They will limp to the summer in case with an out of form star player who will then move to somewhere like Wigan or even a top championship side for less than we are offering now.

They want to keep £6 million off the deal, Ince will want his 10% if it is a move to anywhere else and we get our 35% that means the price is £11 million.

Nobody is paying that with in my opinion.

Even at the £4 million we are offering them somebody else would need to pay £7.3 million to match it and Ince would need to approve the move.

Only other public interest was a £7 million bid off Swansea which doesn't quite meet ours.

Oh well missed opportunity for us and somebody elses future gain but won't harm us that much.

Blackpool and Ince will be the main parties that will lose out because of Oystons "clever negotiating"!

*corballyred*

Absolute pointless signing id was hoping we were just trying to drive up his price. With sturridge borini sterling Suarez suso assaidi who in that group is he better than.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Absolute pointless signing id was hoping we were just trying to drive up his price. With sturridge borini sterling Suarez suso assaidi who in that group is he better than.
Only Suarez, Sturridge and Borini in that group would be as much/more of a goal threat though. Whether its Ince or not is immaterial to me but we need more options in the attack that can be relied upon to threaten their goal. We create plenty of chances as a team, we enjoy plenty of possession but we don't have enough players getting on the score sheet. I would ideally be bringing in one to challenge for starts (Gameiro/alternative) and one squad player challenging to come off bench (Ince/alternative). Both need to be capable of scoring more than anything else.

*corballyred*

Suso and sterling were more of a goal threat for the reserves and would think the two of them as well as assaidi would have made a bigger impact on the championship then ince.

From watching him for his position and type of player he is lacks the ability to trouble premiership defenders. Reminds me of a poorer version of a young pennant

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Suso and sterling were more of a goal threat for the reserves and would think the two of them as well as assaidi would have made a bigger impact on the championship then ince.

From watching him for his position and type of player he is lacks the ability to trouble premiership defenders. Reminds me of a poorer version of a young pennant
Think scoring in championship is bit better indicator than scoring at youth level. Championship quality levels arent too much dissimilar to many of the lesser european leagues.

*corballyred*

Scoring in championship is little indicator from scoring in the premiership. To many examples to mention.

Laughable Blackpool are looking for more for him than inter are for Schneider

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
If that's your logic then why post in the transfer forum? Where inherently every player coming in isn't at our club.
You actually equate logic to football transfer.... wow. Didn't know there was a proper formula to this topic. Sincerely apologise.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
You actually equate logic to football transfer.... wow. Didn't know there was a proper formula to this topic. Sincerely apologise.
Football transfer is business. Business is predicated by logic. There is not formula. Still waiting for you to "back off". Your comments are overwhelming. It's hard for me to counter them......

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Football transfer is business. Business is predicated by logic. There is not formula. Still waiting for you to "back off". Your comments are overwhelming. It's hard for me to counter them......
Again, apologise for not seeing the logic behind the transfer business, since being predicated by logic, while there is no (not) formula. I was told any logic will have a formula behind it. Damn my freaking lecturer, they were stupid.... Again, sincerely apologise.

Fallows... get this fella or else!

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
If he was so great we would have offered him cash to stay in the 1st place.He wanted to leave us.Let us not do another Charlie Adam and buy a player off them at a inflated price coz he had a good season

tamir_m

TIA Reserve Team
If he was so great we would have offered him cash to stay in the 1st place.He wanted to leave us.Let us not do another Charlie Adam and buy a player off them at a inflated price coz he had a good season
I think it was Ayre (or maybe Comolli?) that said that we offered him a better contract then Blackpool but he wanted to play regulary so he moved.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
As has been said ad fucking nauseum all over the forum for month.

We offered him a good contract. He wanted regular first team football.

This isn't one to pin on the owners.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
Again, apologise for not seeing the logic behind the transfer business, since being predicated by logic, while there is no (not) formula. I was told any logic will have a formula behind it. Damn my freaking lecturer, they were stupid.... Again, sincerely apologise.

Fallows... get this fella or else!
Yeah "get me". That's what being a Liverpool supporter is all about. "Getting" your own. YNWA

darren kelly

But the thing is he will not get his game if he comes back as Sterling and Luis and Sturridge are the front 3 and Allen,Lucas and Gerrard the midfield.So Ince is better off where he is.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I'm not fussed about Ince either way, but this has got that feeling where he'll eventually go to Spurs or Arsenal, do well, and this place with be full anger and resentment from the same people calling him not good enough now.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Greed was an aspect given he was insulted by contract offer (which would have been highest paid non first team player)...See Ince Snr comments when he was at Northampton.

Also he was prepared to sit out the last 6 months on his contract sitting on the bench, than sign a new contract (and continue playing first team football on loan)

Therefore both are significant factors (money and playing time), and its not a simple black and white case (especially with his father involved)

darren kelly

Ahh Paul Ince the govnor as he used to want to be called was kicked out of Manure for being a big time charlie.No wonder the kid is not humble.We should stay clear and we will still get money from any sale they do with him.Let us go for a foreign kid for once who is hungry and from the streets of Rio AND GET A PLAYER WHO LOVES THE GAME AND HAS THE EYE OF THE TIGER...

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
We'll probably go after Ince in the summer again. We want someone to exercise that sell-on fee otherwise we will likely lose it if he winds down his contract.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
We'll probably go after Ince in the summer again. We want someone to exercise that sell-on fee otherwise we will likely lose it if he winds down his contract.
Yes. It looks like we want to take advantage of the 35% sell on fee. Either get him back for cheap and develop and sell him back or that couple of millions that we will get due to the sell on fee. I am starting to think its the later.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Think we will give up on this now.

Unless Blackpool lower their demands to our offer think this is done and dusted and we have moved on with our priorities.

Think Downings form and Borinis return from injury has helped calm down concerns over strengthening the front three in this window.

Think Blackpools actions have now put Inces career back a bit, with what is happening their no way he will able to shine as much second half of season as first.

May go somewhere for cheap in summer but Blackpool aint getting what they are asking for now thats for sure.

Still think in five years time Ince will be a top Prem star but his dad and Oyston are really damaging his career between them.

I_Never_Walk_Alone

TIA Reserve Team
Think we will give up on this now.

Unless Blackpool lower their demands to our offer think this is done and dusted and we have moved on with our priorities.

Think Downings form and Borinis return from injury has helped calm down concerns over strengthening the front three in this window.

Think Blackpools actions have now put Inces career back a bit, with what is happening their no way he will able to shine as much second half of season as first.

May go somewhere for cheap in summer but Blackpool aint getting what they are asking for now thats for sure.

Still think in five years time Ince will be a top Prem star but his dad and Oyston are really damaging his career between them.
Correct me if Im wrong but wouldnt Coutinho be playing as one of the attacking three?

Status
Not open for further replies.