• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thomas Ince (LW/RW) Blackpool FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Said it before and I'll say it again, the little bromance between our clubs stands to mutually benefit if we start an auction that someone like Swansea comes and finishes.

We both stand to lose if he winds his contract down.

What chance we were never interested in the first place?

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
Anybody notice that Ince has 0 goals and 1 assist in his last 9 games.
13 goals and 9 assists in his first 19 games.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Manure can afford to make mistakes we can no longer make them.They can gamble we cant.We have to start getting these transfers right to keep up.No more Charlie Adam or Carroll signings.

rab

all transfers are gambles.
This is true. United are able to gamble at £15m for a kid out the Championship. We might be able to afford to gamble on Ince for about a third of that money but there's no certainty that either will be a success, it's just gambling different amounts of money.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
This is true. United are able to gamble at £15m for a kid out the Championship. We might be able to afford to gamble on Ince for about a third of that money but there's no certainty that either will be a success, it's just gambling different amounts of money.
It's a bit uncharacteristic of United lately. They've bought mostly proven younger players like Valencia, Phil Jones, Smalling, De Gea over the last few seasons. Zaha might end up like Bebe for them. Let's hope. Personally I'm glad we've gone for Coutinho instead of Ince. BR has the rare ability to bring out the best in players (Dyer, Graham, Sigurdsson, Sinclair, Henderson, Downing, Sturridge so far, Suarez, etc.) Ince is already playing at top form. Where's Coutinho has stalled and his potential is much greater than Ince.

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
Personally i think Zaha would be a better buy than Ince. I'm not sure that he's worth £15 mill but as much as I hate to say it united have a great record of helping players reach their potential. I could see Zaha's worth rising to well beyond £15 mill.

If we were to resign Ince we could get him for around half the price but I don't think that he has the potential to rise as much as Zaha.

RedLaw

JFT96
Anybody notice that Ince has 0 goals and 1 assist in his last 9 games.
13 goals and 9 assists in his first 19 games.
Speculation often seems to have a negative impact of players form. Similar situation with Zaha.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Speculation often seems to have a negative impact of players form. Similar situation with Zaha.
So does changes in manager (multiple), poor team form and club confusion. Yet still outperforming the lad United spent £15 million on today.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
They are only gambling 10mp on Zaha, since 5mp are add ons to limit the risk to 10mp.

Ince would be over a 7mp gamble, so it really really wouldn't be that much of a difference in terms of risk.

kipland007

TIA Youth Team
They are only gambling 10mp on Zaha, since 5mp are add ons to limit the risk to 10mp.

Ince would be over a 7mp gamble, so it really really wouldn't be that much of a difference in terms of risk.
Assuming the speculation about Ince's sell on clause we would only really spend 3-4, so I don't really see what you are getting at.

darren kelly

Fergie gets drunk at Xmas and goes a little wild sometimes and signs rubbish.But enough about that evil devil worshipping man before I punch my laptop.Back to Ince and his Dad Paul govnor Ince.We should just let him stay where he is and get a player who wants to play for us.He left us after we were good to him and offered him a good deal.I would never leave a club like Liverpool who taught him how to play.He has no loyalty.Plenty of players in the world we can buy.It does not always have to be British.Let us get in some South American kid who is hungry.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Assuming the speculation about Ince's sell on clause we would only really spend 3-4, so I don't really see what you are getting at.
We would only spend 4mp, but it would still cost us 7mp. If we don't buy him we will have the 4mp that we were going to spend on him, plus we'll get 3mp from whoever buys him. Thats 7mp.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
Now that we've got Coutinho coming in who I see as ready to be an established first team player for our club right away, I'd consider Ince to be in the Suso category. Good enough to get some games in the first team, but still very much a youngster. So knowing this I wouldn't pay too much for him now.

darren kelly

Just play Suso instead and let Ince rot in nthe lower leagues as he left us already and I do not do sloppy seconds.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
Now that we've got Coutinho coming in who I see as ready to be an established first team player for our club right away, I'd consider Ince to be in the Suso category. Good enough to get some games in the first team, but still very much a youngster. So knowing this I wouldn't pay too much for him now.
Don't think we were ever planning on paying too much for him.I think we will stick to our offer of 4mp,valueing him at 6mp,and if blackpool want it then that is all they will get.A decent buy at that price,with the opportunity to improve considerably with the right attitude.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
We would only spend 4mp, but it would still cost us 7mp. If we don't buy him we will have the 4mp that we were going to spend on him, plus we'll get 3mp from whoever buys him. Thats 7mp.
I see what you saying but if we get 2mp from a sale of 6 then we would get 3mp from a sale of 9.No one is gonna pay 9mp for him.What we are offering is the right amount.Swansea offered 7 or 8 reportedly over a week ago,but he hasn't gone there.Maybe he is holding out for us and will go there if we don't improve our offer,maybe Swanseas offer wasn't as high as reported.But if he doesn't go anywhere we also get nothing,no sale,no sell on fee.Many ways to look at it.

!DALGLISH!

I see what you saying but if we get 2mp from a sale of 6 then we would get 3mp from a sale of 9.No one is gonna pay 9mp for him.What we are offering is the right amount.Swansea offered 7 or 8 reportedly over a week ago,but he hasn't gone there.Maybe he is holding out for us and will go there if we don't improve our offer,maybe Swanseas offer wasn't as high as reported.But if he doesn't go anywhere we also get nothing,no sale,no sell on fee.Many ways to look at it.
i get the feeling the owner wants ince to hand in a transfer request so he gives up his 10% transfer cut.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
i get the feeling the owner wants ince to hand in a transfer request so he gives up his 10% transfer cut.
Very possible,but blackpool shouldn't have signed up to that contract if they are not willing to honour it.Same could be said of players but in this case they will happily sell him for a certain amount.As the window draws closer to closing,i think their valuation will drop and they will accept a smaller offer,otherwise they will get less come the summer.His form is dipping already and with less time left on his contract they will be lucky to get 5mp,giving us 1/3 and him 10% of it,if he doesn't sign for anyone this window.Their chairman is just playing hardball/being stubborn.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Think Blackpool have failed to find a buyer for him at the £10.9 million needed for them to keep £6 million.

With whats going on there and the case of poor team and player form I think they may be ready to cave in on run up to deadline day.

Don't really believe rumours 100% but ones popping up saying maybe Pacheco heading other way on loan or perm deal to sweeten our bid seem quite likely to me and something I've thought may happen all along.

With Sturridge, probably Coutinho and maybe Ince too thats the 2/3 attackers Rodgers always claimed to want to add.

darren kelly

I hate Blackpool they always mess us around.We were nice enough to give him to them for 250,000 now they want 8 million after a year with them??Cheeky shits.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Yeah your right about that. But if no one is willing to pay 7mp for him, then is he a player we should even be targetting? I have no problem with signing him, especially if he's in addition to Coutinho, but if Zaha (who doesn't even play in the Championship) just went for 10mp, and no team in the entire league is willing to take a 7mp gamble on Ince, then it turns into a pretty sketchy transfer. Might as well just save the cash and sign him up when he's free, if no one thinks he's worth even a 7mp punt.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Yeah your right about that. But if no one is willing to pay 7mp for him, then is he a player we should even be targetting? I have no problem with signing him, especially if he's in addition to Coutinho, but if Zaha (who doesn't even play in the Championship) just went for 10mp, and no team in the entire league is willing to take a 7mp gamble on Ince, then it turns into a pretty sketchy transfer. Might as well just save the cash and sign him up when he's free, if no one thinks he's worth even a 7mp punt.
A squad player at best; we should be looking beyond mere potential squad players to improve the team; on top of that he's flourished in the Championship but it's a HUGE step up to the Prem.

1dragon

TIA Regular
His father being the player's agent is what is probably putting off the likes of Wigan and Fulham. One would have thought they would like to take a punt on Ince considering his price.

Also, since it is well publicized that Ince seems to prefer to return to Liverpool, perhaps we are right in playing hard ball in this one. Let Blackpool have a taste of their own medicine.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
I can't help but to get excited about this:

Joseph Musker ‏@Musker_LFC
I've just been told Liverpool are looking at signing Julian Draxler from Shalke, if the deal for Tom Ince doesn't materialise. #LFC

Not sure at all if it makes sense to sign a 19 y.o. AM given that we have Suso and Shelvey, but Draxler is one of the most exciting up and coming German players around. We could buy him and loan him out, similar to what Chelsea's been doing, or let him finish his season out at his club similar to Holtby/Zaha.

If Thomas Ince turns into Coutinho + Draxler, thats just some good business right there. We could still sign Ince in the summer or when his contract runs out, but we'll have one of the most exciting prospects coming out of Germany and an exciting Brazilian prospect to add to our ranks.

rab

Bags a goal for the first time in almost ten games.

Status
Not open for further replies.