• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thomas Ince (LW/RW) Blackpool FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
isn't Draxler a better talent than Ince? hmmmmmmm rich you are right.. it seems our backup options are better than our first options.. awesome!

LiVeRp0oL89

Ince has scored a cracker, has both of Blackpool's goals today. It's strange though.. i'd still much rather have Draxler!

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
We've been watching Draxler for quite a while but I don't think that Schalke will sell him. I heard he's rated pretty highly, a bit like Schalke's young Gerrard.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
I hate Blackpool they always mess us around.We were nice enough to give him to them for 250,000 now they want 8 million after a year with them??Cheeky shits.
To be fair, they will try to milk as much as possible.Cant expect them to lower expectations. What i feel is they are probably waiting for any other club to submit a improved bid[as compared to ours] and then tell us to match that. I think they must have expected stoke[because they are in the market for winger] or may be QPR/Tottenham to also bid,creating a ideal sellers market. Cheaky shit, what we should have done with aquilani, but hey those were the bad days!

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
My feeling on Ince is make an offer and leave it with them. If they finally accept it then great if not we move on and maybe get him in the summer. I had an inkling the Mancs would take him but I cant see that now that they have Zaha in the bag.
If Blackpool want to mess us around then we walk and leave them too it.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Hmm not sure if I believe much in that Draxler link, how reliable and who is Joseph Musker anyway? Seems to me that maybe he watched Schalke earlier today and thought "I'd like to see that boy at Liverpool".

What I find odd is Draxler being an alternative option "if we don't get Ince". Those would be two very different transfers. The price I think wouldn't be in the same range + what you could possibly do with Ince you couldn't maybe do with Draxler i.e. bring him here and give him a little squad role for a start. I guess Ince would grab the chance of returning even if he isn't guaranteed xy game time, the biggest question lies in his quality and I can't comment on that too much as I haven't seen enough. I don't believe we could "play" like that with Draxler. He'd probably be better staying at Schalke then. But who knows what the player wants...

Drian

TIA Youth Team
Kop and robbers: Reading aim to pinch Tom Ince from under Liverpool's noses

26 Jan 2013 23:00

Reds have spent weeks trying to buy back starlet they sold to Blackpool for just £250k but now relegation battlers are willing to meet £8m asking price

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-tom-ince-saga-1558020?

Reading are plotting to hijack Tom Ince’s move to Liverpool with a shock £8million bid, writes the Sunday People.

Kop boss Brendan Rodgers and ­managing director Ian Ayre have been trying to land their former winger on the cheap.

But it looks like they will now be forced to improve their offer as the Royals are ready to meet Blackpool’s asking price.

Tangerines chairman Karl Oyston has ­become so annoyed with Liverpool’s chase that he has stopped taking calls.

Anfield chiefs were confident they could sign Ince – who reached 15 goals for the season with a double to tame Wolves yesterday – for as little as £4.5m because they have a sell-on agreement in place.

But news of the Reading approach means they will now have to go cap in hand to the Kop money men for more funds.

Ince, 20, left Liverpool for Blackpool in 2011 for just £250,000.

His incredible rise since then has been a source of embarrassment for the Reds and Reading hope they can add to that by enticing him to Berkshire.

The Royals’ Russian owner Anton Zingarevich is not averse to spending money.

He wanted to capture countryman Andrey Arshavin from Arsenal, but is now turning his ­attention to England Under-21 star Ince.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
I've become very meh over this deal. If we sign him good . If we don't then so be it.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
Yeah. When he was first mentioned, we only had Sturridge coming in and no interest in anybody else. So I think we were interested because we assumed we have no money. Now that we're talking about prodigy's like Coutinho and maybe Draxler for almost the same price, Ince doesn't seem to be that interesting. He's not on the same level as those guys. Good luck to Reading or whomever wants him.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Good luck to them, I'm none plussed with this deal if it happens for the price we are offering then yes if not then move on, being bullied to meet silly prices and wages is a thing of the past.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Worth bearing in mind that if Reading have bid £8 million Blackpool only get to keep £4.4 million of it after our cut and the players cut.

As I've pointed out before Blackpool had a good relationship going with us over loaning our players and getting "first dibs" by being allowed to approach our out of contract youth players first and favourable compensation arrangements.

At this moment in time think Blackpool really aren't doing themselves any favours.

The player wants to come here.

We want him to come here.

We have been providing them with favourable opportunities over their rivals.

We are offering them a take it or leave it £4 million bid.

If the best offers they are getting elsewhere are only £400k better for them and they force the player to take the move he doesn't really want and flush our "mutually" beneficial reletainship down the toilet the first time it benefits us over less than half a million then screw em.

Think it will do them more harm than us so let them be stubborn good luck to them.

Maybe there is a reason they are losing managers to "top class" outfits like Blackburn and Palace.

Think Carl Oysten cant see the wood for the trees if this is the way he has decided to do business.

Brock34

TIA Squad Member
Hmm not sure if I believe much in that Draxler link, how reliable and who is Joseph Musker anyway? Seems to me that maybe he watched Schalke earlier today and thought "I'd like to see that boy at Liverpool".

What I find odd is Draxler being an alternative option "if we don't get Ince". Those would be two very different transfers. The price I think wouldn't be in the same range + what you could possibly do with Ince you couldn't maybe do with Draxler i.e. bring him here and give him a little squad role for a start. I guess Ince would grab the chance of returning even if he isn't guaranteed xy game time, the biggest question lies in his quality and I can't comment on that too much as I haven't seen enough. I don't believe we could "play" like that with Draxler. He'd probably be better staying at Schalke then. But who knows what the player wants...
I think the Draxler link is crap. Its a re-hash of a rumor started by Duncan Jenkins, I think. Basically, I think the media need all of us Liverpool fans chasing a good rumor or two to sell their papers and keep us following them on Twitter.

For Ince, I could really go either way. I hope we stick to our lower bid. If we get him, great. Probably worth a shot. If we don't, fine. Would actually kind of rather someone come in with a big bid, and we get a cut of the fee for doing nothing.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Ince's goals can be seen here:

http://kiwi.kz/watch...i8q5bd?direct=1

It takes forever to buffer, so don't worry if it seems like its not working.

First goal is just silly, Ince clumsily loses possession in the box but is handed a goal by a mix up between the keeper and defender. His second goal, he was given a little room and took a bullet of a shot from outside the box.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
BREAKING: Reading have made a £7m-£8m bid for Tom Ince (SkySports)

Tom at the game today:

Doesn't look like this lad can handle the weather here in the UK. This isn't a real story until Lucas posts it on Instagram.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Not really fussed if he goes to Reading or anywhere else.

After Oldham I'd have thought our priority in the couple of days left in this window would have to be a CB and a DM.

A winger would be nice but that can wait till summer.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Let us bring in some steal.A DM would be better who can roar at people and motivate players on the pitch,Our team is too quiet.Ince could be a good signing but something smells fishy about his attitude.

11bud11

TIA New Signing
Reading boss Brian McDermott has confirmed they have placed a bid for Blackpool winger Tom Ince. #BFC #RFC #LFC

Ningles

TIA New Signing
If Reading did submit a bid that would probably work in our favour. Presumably they aren't going to be offering the £12m equivalent that Blackpool are demanding from us (i.e. including the rumoured payments of our 30% plus the player's pay-off).

I think our bid was £6m and waiver of payouts wasn't it? That would make it close to £10m in real terms for blackpool (given the above payouts). Would Reading match £10m+ for Ince? I'm not sure.

Anyway... let's go for Bolasie at Palace. He's great! (but yes, I think we need a new DM)

TFC

TIA Squad Member
According the ESPN's transfer blog:

Thomas Ince will be a Blackpool player until at least the summer as it is announced Liverpool will not be bidding for the player this window.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular

Thomas Ince will be a Blackpool player until at least the summer as it is announced Liverpool will not be bidding for the player this window.
You do wonder sometimes

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
If the club have any sense they'll terminate the relationship they have with us for development loans and first dibs on youngsters.

Oyston is a twat and doesn't deserve anything off us. Hope he ends up selling Ince for 5m and keeping a tiny fraction of it.

OhYaBeauty

On the other hand, its nice to have a Championship side that plays attacking football take a lot of our youngsters on loan. Especially when they're so close and it has worked out well in the past (Shelvey).

It'd be nice if we could get the same sort of setup with Tranmere. They're looking at Championship football next season.

!DALGLISH!

since when do we announce this typr of thing ?

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Still points to a mutually beneficial string of events.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member

When was this announced by the club.Is/was there an official announcement that we somehow missed.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Would exceed our quota of young lightweights, which is filled to the brim enough as it is so whatever

Use the money to buy someone with a bit of steel for fucks sake...someone who can toughen our team up and be a fixture. Our strategy seems a bit batarse at times

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
I'm glad we are not going to be bullied again by Blackpool. £8m is way of the Mark for ince imo. I hope we use the cash or add a few million in the summer on top quality players to show Gerrard Suarez that we want to compete for the league or I can see Suarez leaving.

LiVeRp0oL89

I'm glad we are not going to be bullied again by Blackpool. £8m is way of the Mark for ince imo. I hope we use the cash or add a few million in the summer on top quality players to show Gerrard Suarez that we want to compete for the league or I can see Suarez leaving.
To be fair to Blackpool, having just seen Zaha move to United for nearly double the price they're after for Ince, you can understand why they'd quote that amount. Whilst Zaha's potential may be greater, Ince has a goal every other game and an assist every 1 in 3. It's impressive anyway you look at it. Personally though, I hope we spend the money elsewhere. Don't think Ince will make it at a club any higher than mid table in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.