• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thomas Ince (LW/RW) Blackpool FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
To be fair to Blackpool, having just seen Zaha move to United for nearly double the price they're after for Ince, you can understand why they'd quote that amount. Whilst Zaha's potential may be greater, Ince has a goal every other game and an assist every 1 in 3. It's impressive anyway you look at it. Personally though, I hope we spend the money elsewhere. Don't think Ince will make it at a club any higher than mid table in the Premier League.
yeah as I do hope we spend the money on top quality if rumours are true I hope we get Mauro zarate from Lazio and with coutinho coming in think that spells the end of the ince saga.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I'm so bored of the interest in Ince, I just don't really get why we're seemingly so keen... especially having just secured a far superior talent the same age and for the same price as Blackpool want.

brush85

I'm so bored of the interest in Ince, I just don't really get why we're seemingly so keen... especially having just secured a far superior talent the same age and for the same price as Blackpool want.
Has there been any indication over the past few weeks that would imply that we are so keen on him? Yes, we chased him before the window opened but that really seems to have died down. The reports with our name linked to him seem to be more of the lazy journalism that comes with every window. We might go back in for him but by no means does this look like we are desperate to get him. If we were, we would have caved to their demands.

Reactions: TFC

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Has there been any indication over the past few weeks that would imply that we are so keen on him? Yes, we chased him before the window opened but that really seems to have died down. The reports with our name linked to him seem to be more of the lazy journalism that comes with every window. We might go back in for him but by no means does this look like we are desperate to get him. If we were, we would have caved to their demands.
It was mainly in response to James Pearce of the Echo saying we're going back with yet another bid.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Dunno Pearce thinks were still in. Really don't see why. Surely coutinho and lack of concrete offers, bar reading, strengthens our hand considerably. Make an honest valuation and stick to it. They don't accept so be it...not end of the world

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I have come to thinking a lot of our interest is to tempt out other offers so we can get the 35% before that contract runs out...

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
I have come to thinking a lot of our interest is to tempt out other offers so we can get the 35% before that contract runs out...
Of the same opinion. We got something out of Insua's deal. Why not get some out of Ince also. We already have a lot of youngsters who have the potential to become big for us. All we need in summer should be to add a couple of quality attackers and bring in all the required squad players.

RedIsland

This when you see it written down doesn't seem outlandish.but if it is a tactic what happens if they accepted the bid. We seemed to have put in some work with negotiating with them.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
LFC Transfer Spec ‏@LFCTS
Rodgers: "We might have one more possible deal tomorrow but it won't be Thomas Ince" http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/1f40ee6f-52b1-4f7f-941c-00c62d2117bf/?source=twitter …

And that's that, so it seems. I think I hear the keys jiggling in the lock already ...

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21271101?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Yep. He did say that he will be back for Ince. So, keys are in the lock but we'll probably be turning them this time tomorrow. Me and rumour mill threads, eh?

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Yeh it was McDermott that said that not Rodgers....
Oh, so that's what all that was about on Twitter! I couldn't figure out what it was that BR was supposed to have said but was actually said by McDermott!So it is Ince, then!

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Still think we'll sign him tomorrow just a funny feeling, we've played hard ball and he won't want to go to Reading.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Seeing Downing fall asleep on the wing last night we need somebody but I feel Ince is not the man for us.And not at extortionate prices.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
We shouldn't buy from the Oystens on principle. Anyway Ince isn't going to make us a better team. Enough of buying mere squad players; we should be looking forwards, not sideways and backwards.

Nikola

Admin
I've thought all along that Ince was supposed to be Downing's squad replacement and I still think so (incomparably lower wages and transfer fee), only with desire to impress. However, with summer priorities lying in central midfield and defence, perhaps Ince will be the only attacking reinforcement we might get.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
From Sky: We are hearing that Blackpool could make a late move for Hull City's Cameron Stewart - especially if Tom Ince leaves.

But this probably won't happen with Ince.

darren kelly

SKY are hyping this window up to bits.They are a joke having weirdos standing outside clubs to see if they see anybody in a car to stop ha ha ha

jabu

TIA New Signing
Nice to jus put my feet up and not worry who we chasing, who we might sign etc.... Watch the chicken heads run around!!

Le_hunt

Agger's knuckles
I don't mind if some other team like Reading signs him before deadline, reckon it might do him the world of good to be given a run in PL in order to know where he stands

afrikana

TIA Squad Member
meh...wasnt really excited when we were in the frame to sign him, wont be fussed if we miss out on him.

darren kelly

We may be signing a person tonight hang on in there my spidy senses are tingling.

Nikola

Admin
I have a feeling that this thread will be reopened in the summer. Credit to us for not bowing down to crazy Oyston's demands. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.