Thomas Lemar (LW/AM) Monaco

What will Thomas Lemar be leaning on?

• Me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on.

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Poor Phil Coutinho's walking frame

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • The club's best table, the one we get out to do all the contracts on.

Votes: 19 8.1%
  • A Lemur

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • A Llama

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Olly Murs

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Virgil Van Dijk, in a recreation of the poster from 'twins'.

Votes: 39 16.6%
  • Against the window of the club shop, cleverly obscuring a picture of Big Div

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That bit of Melwood where Ian Ayre caught Rodgers doing [REDACTED]

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Michael Edwards' big clicky, whirry computer.

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Sad Wenger

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • A pile of discarded #FSGOUT signs

Votes: 26 11.1%
  • Mascot's excited stiffy

Votes: 26 11.1%
  • No lean at all.

Votes: 30 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Thanks to whoever put his position in.

I'm at a 100% success rate for transfer thread creation this Summer.

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
Non-story painted as an exclusive, in my opinion. Even if true, sounds to me like Liverpool are throwing down the gauntlet with a view to sign him next summer when Coutinho departs, that's the only logic I see in this (Monaco won't let him go now for any amount money anyway). Quality talent, though, one that would fit Klopp's vision well, great engine, mobile, good technique, attacks the box well, seems aware of his teammates and has a hell of a shot on him.

NYRhockey

Lemar would be an option to AOC and Sanches, not in addition to, correct (assuming Phil stays this year)?

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
Unless Coutinho is out, I can't see this happening. You won't pay this much for a bench player and I doubt Klopp would play Coutinho + Lemar as CM pair.

phnaarg

TIA Youth Team
Unless Coutinho is out, I can't see this happening. You won't pay this much for a bench player and I doubt Klopp would play Coutinho + Lemar as CM pair.
My thoughts exactly. If there's any truth to this then it means we're about to let Phil go

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
I too,can't see this having any legs unless we are going to let Coutinho go.
But given some of the things attributed to Coutinho lately it might be a bloody good idea.
Not going to happen though,would mean Monaco unloading two class acts in one summer.

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout
Haven't Monaco already been dismantled? Mpabbe isn't the only one out, is he?

Learned his name when he lined up for France over the summer, but just watched a 10 min YouTube vidlol.

Looks like a left footed, slightly quicker version of Gini. No idea if he'd have Gini's industry on the defensive side, but he'd fit right into the squad. Can play wide in front three or one of midfield roles.

All this discussion about who plays where, how's he fit with Phil, etc, let's not forget we've played a handful of games already and the best we've been able to do is Grujic and milner as options off the bench for mids. What's January gonna look like with a few more injuries? Get him in.

Last edited:

João Cunha

Banned Users
Just sell Phil and splash the cash on this guy, he isn't as good as Phil, but he is only 21, under Klopp he will develop a lot , and prove to be a good replacement for the little snake

Spitfire

Resident Realist
Excusing whether he is actually available or we could get him; I'd argue that you pay this much for a player of his quality and potential in todays market - and if we can we should because he will improve our team markedly. If he can only make the bench then even better.

Just a side note - when Real Madrid won the CL last year their bench for the Final was:

Bale
Kovacic
Asensio
Morata
Danilo
Nacho
Casilla

Noting that Rodriguez wasn't there at all. I'll let you google how much each of their transfer fees was...........

From what I heard, Arsenal tried really hard to bring him in. But no luck, Wenger say no way Monaco will sanction this deal. I believe Arsenal offered around £45 million. Can't see this happening, because Mbappe is on his way to PSG (reportedly with loan and obligations to buy next year)

João Cunha

Banned Users
From what I heard, Arsenal tried really hard to bring him in. But no luck, Wenger say no way Monaco will sanction this deal. I believe Arsenal offered around £45 million. Can't see this happening, because Mbappe is on his way to PSG (reportedly with loan and obligations to buy next year)
According to reports Lucas is going to Monaco as a part of the deal, so they have a replacement to Lemar

zman89

I hope this isn't true as it would certainly mean that Coutinho is off. Good replacement if that's the case though.

Dave-D

Would be a good move by Liverpool for once. Agreement in place with Coutinho that he can go to Barca next summer and get his replacement in a season before he leaves. Lemar then knows how Klopp and his team work and has a season in the EPL before he becomes an integral part of the starting eleven in place of Coutinho.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Bid submitted, apparently (see Twitter thread from Nikola). Bid by us, that is.

72 million euros plus 8 mil in bonuses. Seems a tad excessive.

EDIT: For those who couldn't be bothered going to the Twitter thread, the source for this claim is L'Équipe, which is a pretty tasty sauce.

Last edited:

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Looks like we have moved on from Keita and throwing that money at Lemar? Or is Coutinho off and we get both?

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Looks like we have moved on from Keita and throwing that money at Lemar? Or is Coutinho off and we get both?
Why does it? If true it looks like we're preparing for Coutinho's departure, don't see why you think we've dropped our interest in Keita, I reckon he'll be joining us next summer. Maybe as a replacement for Can.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Not overly familiar with this player, could someone more in the know post up a quick summary of what's he like? Best positions, strengths/weaknesses etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.