• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Thomas Lemar (LW/AM) Monaco

What will Thomas Lemar be leaning on?

• Me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on.

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Poor Phil Coutinho's walking frame

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • The club's best table, the one we get out to do all the contracts on.

Votes: 19 8.1%
  • A Lemur

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • A Llama

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Olly Murs

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Virgil Van Dijk, in a recreation of the poster from 'twins'.

Votes: 39 16.6%
  • Against the window of the club shop, cleverly obscuring a picture of Big Div

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That bit of Melwood where Ian Ayre caught Rodgers doing [REDACTED]

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Michael Edwards' big clicky, whirry computer.

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Sad Wenger

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • A pile of discarded #FSGOUT signs

Votes: 26 11.1%
  • Mascot's excited stiffy

Votes: 26 11.1%
  • No lean at all.

Votes: 30 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hound

In that case no , because people are using your post, but apart from that you stop receiving them
Didn't think so.

So does nothing for my problem. I either have to keep getting alerts of blerts quoting my posts that don't know what they're talking about or just want to wind up a new guy, or not get quoted posts for any thread at all -- which might be what I end up doing.

But gaslighting me isn't helpful. A simple, "no, that functionality does not exist here" would have been the most helpful.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Didn't think so.

So does nothing for my problem. I either have to keep getting alerts of blerts quoting my posts that don't know what they're talking about or just want to wind up a new guy, or not get quoted posts for any thread at all -- which might be what I end up doing.

But gaslighting me isn't helpful. A simple, "no, that functionality does not exist here" would have been the most helpful.
I don't honestly know what answer you want or expect. You questioning how you stop seeing posts in this thread is extremely simple because you only see them if you click on a link. If the question really was "How do I stop seeing notifications for replies that I'm not going to want to read" then you are out of luck because only you can possibly know what posts you aren't going to want to read. And, unfortunately you kind of have to read them to then be able to tell us that you really didn't actually want to read them. We aren't psychic and I don't think they have Mystic Meg as a moderator on here.

Hound

I don't honestly know what answer you want or expect. You questioning how you stop seeing posts in this thread is extremely simple because you only see them if you click on a link. If the question really was "How do I stop seeing notifications for replies that I'm not going to want to read" then you are out of luck because only you can possibly know what posts you aren't going to want to read. And, unfortunately you kind of have to read them to then be able to tell us that you really didn't actually want to read them. We aren't psychic and I don't think they have Mystic Meg as a moderator on here.
Yep, I was right. You have no value to add to my life. More gaslighting, more misrepresenting of my post.

Hope it makes you feel like a big man pushing around a newb.

The problem with your tortured reading of the situation is that I did not ask the question you said I did. You invented your own question, attributed it to me, and then answered it for yourself and made fun of me for apparently not having the answer to your question which I didn't ask.

I can know what posts I'm not going to want to read. Right now I know of 2 cases in which I know that -- if the post is by you, and if the post is about Thomas Lemar in the context of being a Liverpool player, because he's never going to be.

Done. Ignored. Hopefully you'll have a little respect for a fellow fan and this clear statement and cease replying.

K

Klopptinho

Yep, I was right. You have no value to add to my life. More gaslighting, more misrepresenting of my post.

Hope it makes you feel like a big man pushing around a newb.

The problem with your tortured reading of the situation is that I did not ask the question you said I did. You invented your own question, attributed it to me, and then answered it for yourself and made fun of me for apparently not having the answer to your question which I didn't ask.

I can know what posts I'm not going to want to read. Right now I know of 2 cases in which I know that -- if the post is by you, and if the post is about Thomas Lemar in the context of being a Liverpool player, because he's never going to be.

Done. Ignored. Hopefully you'll have a little respect for a fellow fan and this clear statement and cease replying.

why on earth did you join this forum ? you don't like the thread then don't read it . Threads about possible or rumoured transfers backed up with several sources have their own threads created so they don't clog up the unreliable rumours thread and or have multiple threads created about the same thing .

you'll find that people who disagree with your opinions can often add more value to your life than people who just nod and agree and brown nose .

i'd take a breather if i were you and that's not because you're new or newb or any such thing - other people deserve to be treated with respect.

edit: you might have a lot to contribute but you have set off in quite a defensive way . i took the liberty of looking at your twitter and noticed that you don't appear to like or converse with people that don't agree with your opinions. I'm not a lover of stats but you seem to keep a decent record of them - using that kind of information might show you in a better light than your current approach here. just a bit of friendly advice .

Last edited by a moderator:

Hound

why on earth did you join this forum ? you don't like the thread then don't read it . Threads about possible or rumoured transfers backed up with several sources have their own threads created so they don't clog up the unreliable rumours thread and or have multiple threads created about the same thing .

you'll find that people who disagree with your opinions can often add more value to your life than people who just nod and agree and brown nose .

i'd take a breather if i were you and that's not because you're new or newb or any such thing - other people deserve to be treated with respect.
This is my point exactly. I have treated no one with disrespect. I have, however, been treated disrespectfully, and that is obvious for all to see.

I haven't ignored bc of disagreeing. I have done because of the gaslighting and condescension. Not too dissimilar from what you're doing, actually. Do you tell everyone that uses the ignore feature to take a break? Do you ask everyone why they joined? And then you go on about respect? (Rhetorical questions, rest assured I don't actually care) Psh.

I've been trying to get away from this thread for a page or so, and now I have to use the nuclear option, apparently. If you reply to this post, you're ignored. If one lacks the minimal amount of respect required to refrain from piling on the new guy, then I'll take my chances that it wouldn't get much better with them.

Edit: the last thing I need is being judged on my Twitter activity. So gotten rid of that. by the way, saying "why are you so defensive" to someone that is merely defending themself...is absolute textbook gaslighting. Just a bit of friendly advice.

Last edited:

rab

Didn't think so.

Maybe if you learned how to converse with people and didn't call people who disagree with you "blerts" or that "they don't know what they're talking about" you might actually come to enjoy getting notifications. It's a discussion board, people have differing views and sometimes like to discuss those with others. You can't simply come on here, state your view and then expect everyone to agree and anyone who doesn't to be automatically blocked from your view.

Of course, notification and like stats are a key measure of success round here, bit like goals and assists for players so they're great if you're hoping to move to a bigger forum in the future.

In all seriousness, it's a discussion board, lighten up a little, be a little less confrontational and you'll come to enjoy people quoting your posts. None of us have influence at the club, no one knows exactly what they'll do in the summer, we're all just here speculating.

Last edited:

Hound

Maybe if you learned how to converse with people and didn't call people who disagree with you "blerts" or that "they don't know what they're talking about" you might actually come to enjoy getting notifications.

Of course, notification and like stats are a key measure of success round here, bit like goals and assists for players so they're great if you're hoping to move to a bigger forum in the future.

In all seriousness, it's a discussion board, lighten up a little, be a little less confrontational and you'll come to enjoy people quoting your posts.
More gaslighting. "be less confrontational" "don't be so defensive". How about you stop acting like my mum bc I'm the new guy rather than blaming me for being annoyed by you acting like my mum...?

I'm particularly not enjoying being quoted at the moment on this thread in particular bc I'm pretty confident at this point no one is going to say anything on it that's going to be interesting to me. Aside from that, it's fine and i never said otherwise.

So how about we all just move on here?

Last edited:

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Not sure you understand what "gaslighting" is given the context in which you've sought to apply it and when you describe yourself as a newbie it's rare for newbies to just start calling people blerts straight off the bat. Normally you have to be around for a while before you realise that's what most of us are.

Just settle down, Lemar's not joining us, we get it, nobody really cares that much whether he does or doesn't. Most people have gained a bit of faith that the club looks like it now knows what it's doing.

Deliberately didn't quote you.

You're welcome.

Hound

Not sure you understand what "gaslighting" is given the context in which you've sought to apply it and when you describe yourself as a newbie it's rare for newbies to just start calling people blerts straight off the bat. Normally you have to be around for a while before you realise that's what most of us are.

Just settle down, Lemar's not joining us, we get it, nobody really cares that much whether he does or doesn't. Most people have gained a bit of faith that the club looks like it now knows what it's doing.

Deliberately didn't quote you.

You're welcome.
Well heck then if anything I should get credit for figuring it out faster than most! :)

Sigh...I guess "how about we all just move on" is out of the question. Y'all just can't resist, can you? I refuse to allow you to cause me to question reality. I can't stop you from trying, though.

What's really disappointing is that 7 people actually bought that boiled BS. But...

rab

More gaslighting. "be less confrontational" "don't be so defensive". How about you stop acting like my mum bc I'm the new guy rather than blaming me for being annoyed by you acting like my mum...?

I'm particularly not enjoying being quoted at the moment on this thread in particular bc I'm pretty confident at this point no one is going to say anything on it that's going to be interesting to me. Aside from that, it's fine and i never said otherwise.

So how about we all just move on here?
And yet you keep quoting others and replying.

Perhaps if you feel no one is going to have anything of interest to say on the subject you just stop posting in the thread.

HKReds

If the whole world is insane, perhaps it is not the world but it is me....

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Well heck then if anything I should get credit for figuring it out faster than most! :)

Sigh...I guess "how about we all just move on" is out of the question. Y'all just can't resist, can you? I refuse to allow you to cause me to question reality. I can't stop you from trying, though.

What's really disappointing is that 7 people actually bought that boiled BS. But...
You've been given a little bit of rope to enable you to settle in, but if this attitude continues into your second week, there won't be a third.

You wouldn't walk into a pub and stand on the tables shouting 'listen to me', moan about the decor, and call the regulars blerts. You don't do it here.

HKReds

Back to the topic on data vs scouts etc.

I doubt anyone is saying that scouts and a scouting network is not required. Data is data and under the right analysis, will be able to tell you a lot about a player. However, for football, not everything can be quantify (number of dummy runs, good positioning took up by the players, pressing run that causes the opponent player to panic and make a loose pass etc etc...) and even if those quality can be quantify, it may still not tell the full picture sometimes (eg, a save can be a routine save or a out of the world reflex save etc). Hence, that's why a human touch is still required. On the other hand, dismissing the importance of data and purely relying on a scouts' pure observation and instinct also can counter productive.

Last edited:

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

I doubt anyone is saying that scouts and a scouting network is not required. Data is data and under the right analysis, will be able to tell you a lot about a player. However, for football, not everything can be quantify (number of dummy runs, good positioning took up by the players, pressing run that causes the opponent player to panic and make a loose pass etc etc...) and even those can be quantify, may not tell the full picture sometimes (eg, a save can be a routine save or a out of the world reflex save etc). Hence, that's why a human touch is still required. On the other hand, dismissing the importance of data and purely relying on a scouts' pure observation and instinct also can counter productive.
Yep can't rely purely on the numbers. Unless people really do believe Milner is one of or possibly THE most creative player to have ever played in the Champions League.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Shouldn't that be 'Thanks Kenny Dalglish'?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/04/dalglish-signings-have-been-my-choice/

I know fans like to go after the soft target and not the club legend but it's wrong.

And as for me taking the TL thread off on yet another tangent, you're welcome ;-)
Maybe fans knew a few things about this club legend character, much like the manager we have today who isn't the type who threw people under the bus? Unlike a certain manager that has a shinny teeth and new chick after hitting new heights in his career with us, only to see him fall flat the following season, in the process throw everyone under the bus, from the recruitment team with bad tools provided to him, to his assistant after getting hammered by Stoke at the final day of the season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2258039-damien-comollis-biggest-mistake-at-liverpool-wasnt-signing-jordan-henderson
https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpool-transfer-news-comolli-explains-andy-carroll-504703
https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/damien-comolli-defends-anfield-transfer-5171801

Now how about that fella named Lemar, are we getting a 50% haircut on his price tag yet?

Hound

You've been given a little bit of rope to enable you to settle in, but if this attitude continues into your second week, there won't be a third.

You wouldn't walk into a pub and stand on the tables shouting 'listen to me', moan about the decor, and call the regulars blerts. You don't do it here.
and there it is. The mod that comes in and assumes it's my fault.

I knew it was coming. This is exactly why I've been trying to defuse all of this angst toward me for the last two days. Exactly why.

Some welcome y'all. Really.

YNWA, indeed.

Last edited:

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
and there it is. The mod the comes in and assumes it's my fault.

I knew it was coming. This is exactly why I've been trying to defuse all of this angst toward me for the last two days. Exactly why.
Turn off your notification, step away from this thread and there will be nothing for you to defuse.

Dimitriy

YNWA, indeed.
:think:...:((

Mascot88

Admin

YNWA, indeed.
I've read back through your posts and it is your fault. I don't need to do any assuming. You're acting like a prick because people are disagreeing with you.

Rethink how you post here, or go somewhere else.

Hound

I doubt anyone is saying that scouts and a scouting network is not required. Data is data and under the right analysis, will be able to tell you a lot about a player. However, for football, not everything can be quantify (number of dummy runs, good positioning took up by the players, pressing run that causes the opponent player to panic and make a loose pass etc etc...) and even if those quality can be quantify, it may still not tell the full picture sometimes (eg, a save can be a routine save or a out of the world reflex save etc). Hence, that's why a human touch is still required. On the other hand, dismissing the importance of data and purely relying on a scouts' pure observation and instinct also can counter productive.
One of the great fallacies of analytics is people thinking it means taking humans out of the process. It usually doesn't and I'm pretty sure I never said it does. Football is probably 10-15 years behind basketball and Amerifootball in analytics, and about 482 years behind baseball and cricket. But it's still miles ahead of where *it* was 10 years, and clubs are making much better decisions as a result. Clubs that still make decisions on "gut" or in defiance of data are more often than not hurting themselves.

And most fortunately for us, Liverpool have taken full advantage -- maybe a bit later than some, but some still haven't -- starting with 15/16. The success rate since then is impressive, and the data footprint obvious.

Last edited:

Hound

I've read back through your posts and it is your fault. I don't need to do any assuming. You're acting like a prick because people are disagreeing with you.

Rethink how you post here, or go somewhere else.
I have no problem with people disagreeing me. I know you probably won't believe that because you've already made your mind up, but you also don't know anything about me except that a bunch of your regulars have found a reason to have a problem with me.

Appreciate the name calling though. Really sets me at ease.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member

YNWA, indeed.
Get some thicker skin mate,fuck all to start getting arsey about really.:)

Mascot88

Admin
Nope. Not how it happened. I have no problem with people disagreeing me.

Appreciate the name calling though. Really sets me at ease.
Oh, sorry. You seem to be under the impression that this is a discussion.

It isn't. You're being given a warning about your behaviour. Accept it, take the necessary action, and move on.

The next example of 'lastworditis' gets you a ban.

Hound

Get some thicker skin mate,fuck all to start getting arsey about really.:)
Why does everyone here think it's cool to tell me what to do? I'm pretty sure I haven't done that. All I've said is that I don't care what you do. But if I say something back I'm being a prick and arguing because people disagree with me about something that, to be fair, I'm right about.

Well, this chalice is poisoned.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Why does everyone here think it's cool to tell me what to do? But if I say something back I'm being a prick and arguing because people disagree with me about something that, to be fair, I'm right about.

Well, this chalice is poisoned.

Mascot88

Admin
I'm being a prick and arguing because people disagree with me about something that, to be fair, I'm right about.
This is exactly why you're annoying people. It's arrogant, condescending and superior. Looking back through your posts, this isn't a one off.

You're not 'right'. You have an opinion, and that's it. It's worth the same as anyone else's, possibly a bit less in the context of this forum because you've been around for a week and contributed very little other than pissing people off.

So as per my last message, you can have a two day ban to reflect on this. When you come back, if you want to, you'll need to drop the superior attitude.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
This is exactly why you're annoying people. It's arrogant, condescending and superior. Looking back through your posts, this isn't a one off.

You're not 'right'. You have an opinion, and that's it. It's worth the same as anyone else's, possibly a bit less in the context of this forum because you've been around for a week and contributed very little other than pissing people off.

So as per my last message, you can have a two day ban to reflect on this. When you come back, if you want to, you'll need to drop the superior attitude.
In a way I'm hoping it's the latest incarnation of a certain notorious repeat offender... but if not, then wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.