Thomas Lemar (LW/AM) Monaco

What will Thomas Lemar be leaning on?

• Me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on.

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Poor Phil Coutinho's walking frame

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • The club's best table, the one we get out to do all the contracts on.

Votes: 19 8.1%
  • A Lemur

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • A Llama

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Olly Murs

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Virgil Van Dijk, in a recreation of the poster from 'twins'.

Votes: 39 16.6%
  • Against the window of the club shop, cleverly obscuring a picture of Big Div

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That bit of Melwood where Ian Ayre caught Rodgers doing [REDACTED]

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Michael Edwards' big clicky, whirry computer.

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Sad Wenger

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • A pile of discarded #FSGOUT signs

Votes: 26 11.1%
  • Mascot's excited stiffy

Votes: 26 11.1%
  • No lean at all.

Votes: 30 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Klopptinho

I'm 50/50. HFT usually gives it a few weeks before the mask slips.

If it is HFT, he's getting lazy.
i typed out a lovely helpful message point him to the ban thread , guidelines and offering some wonderful insight into his "you're wrong i'm right" stance .. and then you beat me to the posting lol lol i'll never get that 5 minutes back :rolleyes::shocked:lol

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I'm 50/50. HFT usually gives it a few weeks before the mask slips.

If it is HFT, he's getting lazy.
If you wanna confirm it, very simple.... just check his ignore list and it will confirm for you whether he is or isn't HFT.

If you asked me, he isn't HFT, doesn't have the usual habit of his in talking about tactical shit in post match thread and trying to defend players that are underperforming.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
If you wanna confirm it, very simple.... just check his ignore list and it will confirm for you whether he is or isn't HFT.

If you asked me, he isn't HFT, doesn't have the usual habit of his in talking about tactical shit in post match thread and trying to defend players that are underperforming.
If it is our usual friend we shall find out in a few hours.

nikz200

And from nowhere, this Nabil Fakir stuff comes out, reportedly. Canal and few others are reporting it. Is it possibly just a push to monaco saying either they accept the offer on the table, or we go elsewhere?

Red over the water

Interesting. I can’t see Lemar and Fekir (in addition to Fabinho and Keita). If we sign Lemar I think Fekir is off the menu. Maybe we’re happy with either/or, so going back in for Lemar is to see if Aulas wants to do business or not, and if he doesn’t, Lemar it is then?

Phil123

Interesting. I can’t see Lemar and Fekir (in addition to Fabinho and Keita). If we sign Lemar I think Fekir is off the menu. Maybe we’re happy with either/or, so going back in for Lemar is to see if Aulas wants to do business or not, and if he doesn’t, Lemar it is then?
We will grab both, until now was Fekir and a winger, Dembele and Pulisic were the names that everyone was talking about, but now is Lemar, we will go for both

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
We will grab both, until now was Fekir and a winger, Dembele and Pulisic were the names that everyone was talking about, but now is Lemar, we will go for both
Yeah, I think that's entirely possible too. If it were to happen then I suppose we'd usually see Fekir playing centrally and Lemar out wide. Would be great to have 5 top class players to choose from for the front three, with three of them capable of playing centrally in midfield. If this were to happen though, we could forget about Dembele and / or Pulisic. Just a goalie or two plus a CB, then we'd be done.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Simply because of the Fabinho move coming from nowhere, leaked and signed within hours, I've now less belief in the Fekir deal and someone like this wouldn't surprise me. We definitely wanted him, like Fabinho this is probably easiest time to get him. We've just successfully dealt with his club and the move makes a lot of sense. If he plays 2/3rds of our starts at LW then Mane would play around 1/3rd there. If Salah starts around 2/3rds at RW then Mane can play around 1/3rd there too. All three players would have full seasons worth of playing time but with plenty of rest and rotation too. Would still leave room for Fekir to play CF for the 1/3rd Firmino is rested for (him starting 2/3rds) and Number 10 for 1/3rd too (easy with Ox out and Lallana injury prone and old and Milner old, the other three contenders for that role).

GermanRed

#8, #10, winger, striker:

Wijnaldum, Keita, Milner, Lallana, Ox, Firmino, Mané, Salah, Firmino

Adding Fekir to that will already mean almost zero first team football for Ings (Fekirs arrival would probably mean he will be sold), Solanke, Woodburn, Wilson, Brewster and Grujic. Bringing in another winger after Fekir would make it even 'worse'. @Jayus20 yesterday told me that football is a cut throat business - I'm not disagreeing completely but on the other hand we have a manager who has the ambition to bring through at least 1-2 youngsters every season.
My favorite for the left wing would be Leon Bailey but i just can't see us bringing in two players for that positions.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Adding Fekir to that will already mean almost zero first team football for Ings (Fekirs arrival would probably mean he will be sold), Solanke, Woodburn, Wilson, Brewster and Grujic. Bringing in another winger after Fekir would make it even 'worse'. @Jayus20 yesterday told me that football is a cut throat business - I'm not disagreeing completely but on the other hand we have a manager who has the ambition to bring through at least 1-2 youngsters every season.
My favorite for the left wing would be Leon Bailey but i just can't see us bringing in two players for that positions.
We could be playing up to 60+ games next season. I'm guessing you're just talking about the 4 most attacking positions on the pitch but as there's some overlap I'll look at the front 6. I don't think it's safe from a fitness point of view to have players starting more than 2/3rds of our games. That keeps everyone firing on all cylinders and In form and lessens the chances of injury.

In holding mid and box to box you'd have Fabinho and Keita playing 2/3rds each, over those two positions that leaves Henderson starting up to 2/3rds of our games and Gini as an option off the bench and injury cover. Milner, Alexander-Arnold and Ox are emergency options here too but unlikely to start except in emergency situations. So Gini is the big loser here but so be it. Fabinho and Keita are much better in those roles.

In the most attacking 8/10 role you would normally have Ox but he's going to miss around half the season and then we won't want to play him into the ground so if he makes even 1/3rd of our starts here it'll be good going. With Fekir potentially coming in he could start a 1/3rd of our games here too against more park the bus style sides. That leaves Milner and Lallana potentially playing up to half our games here between them. Gini and a kid like Woodburn (if not loaned) could end up starting here too.

On the wings you want Salah and Mane starting 2/3rds of our games so that instantly leaves 2/3rds of our games with only one or the other on one flank. That's a bit too much responsibility for a kid like Wilson or Woodburn and can't rely on Lallana fitness wise for him and Milner to cover there and half our CAM starts too. So in my eyes we need to add a senior player.

At CF it's simple if we bring Fekir in. Firmino starts 2/3rds of our games Fekir the rest. With Fekir playing 1/3rd in CAM then both will have got full seasons worth of playing time. That leaves Solanke or Ings and/or Brewster as emergency cover. With Salah and Mane as options in emergencies too.

That's without even looking at sub appearances. Solanke and/or Brewster would get lots of time to develop coming off the bench. I like Ings but if Fekir comes then so be it. Club moving forward is more important. Wilson, Grujic and Woodburn could all be on loan next year.

GermanRed

We could be playing up to 60+ games next season. I'm guessing you're just talking about the 4 most attacking positions on the pitch but as there's some overlap I'll look at the front 6. I don't think it's safe from a fitness point of view to have players starting more than 2/3rds of our games. That keeps everyone firing on all cylinders and In form and lessens the chances of injury.

In holding mid and box to box you'd have Fabinho and Keita playing 2/3rds each, over those two positions that leaves Henderson starting up to 2/3rds of our games and Gini as an option off the bench and injury cover. Milner, Alexander-Arnold and Ox are emergency options here too but unlikely to start except in emergency situations. So Gini is the big loser here but so be it. Fabinho and Keita are much better in those roles.

In the most attacking 8/10 role you would normally have Ox but he's going to miss around half the season and then we won't want to play him into the ground so if he makes even 1/3rd of our starts here it'll be good going. With Fekir potentially coming in he could start a 1/3rd of our games here too against more park the bus style sides. That leaves Milner and Lallana potentially playing up to half our games here between them. Gini and a kid like Woodburn (if not loaned) could end up starting here too.

On the wings you want Salah and Mane starting 2/3rds of our games so that instantly leaves 2/3rds of our games with only one or the other on one flank. That's a bit too much responsibility for a kid like Wilson or Woodburn and can't rely on Lallana fitness wise for him and Milner to cover there and half our CAM starts too. So in my eyes we need to add a senior player.

At CF it's simple if we bring Fekir in. Firmino starts 2/3rds of our games Fekir the rest. With Fekir playing 1/3rd in CAM then both will have got full seasons worth of playing time. That leaves Solanke or Ings and/or Brewster as emergency cover. With Salah and Mane as options in emergencies too.

That's without even looking at sub appearances. Solanke and/or Brewster would get lots of time to develop coming off the bench. I like Ings but if Fekir comes then so be it. Club moving forward is more important. Wilson, Grujic and Woodburn could all be on loan next year.
Sorry sounds too complicated and too much text:J

Truth is that after Fekirs arrival Solanke (because he is our big man plan b option) is the only one with chances to make it on our bench. Think Ings will be sold. Brewster not yet signed a professional contract. Grujic will be unused even during Ox absence. Same could be for Woodburn or he leaves on loan. Wilson loan or be sold.
Just because we have a big squad to rotate doesn't mean we will let our first teamers at home at the weekend when they played in midweek.

Without Fekir and the additional winger our Front 6 could look like this:

Mané Firmino Salah
Keita Fabinho Ox

Bench: Goalkeeper, 2 defenders + 4 of (Ings), Solanke, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson.

YeGra

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if the resurrection of this one is to help the negotiations for Fekir, showing that we have backup options and won't be held to ransom. I'd be very surprised if we wanted to get both... not to mention that we had enough money to do so.
Yeah I'd be happy with just one of Fekir or Lemar. I think if we sign our top targets of Alisson and Fekir, there would be one main area where there's a big drop off in quality - and that's central striker. It hasn't been exposed much because Firmino is not injury prone in the slightest but if he's on the end of a horror tackle, Ings and Solanke leading the line for us over multiple competitions will be a cause for concern for me.

Ron Swanson

I think if we sign Fekir and Lemar as well as either Allison or Oblak the Man Utd fan base will self combust. That would be insane if we got both but think it's either Fekir or Lemar

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if the resurrection of this one is to help the negotiations for Fekir, showing that we have backup options and won't be held to ransom. I'd be very surprised if we wanted to get both... not to mention that we had enough money to do so.
Don't think we are in for this fella after seeing we signed Fabinho. I think this fella is being used as a smokescreen to throw those people who followed our scouting report off their track while we were actually pursuing Fabinho.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Yeah I'd be happy with just one of Fekir or Lemar. I think if we sign our top targets of Alisson and Fekir, there would be one main area where there's a big drop off in quality - and that's central striker. It hasn't been exposed much because Firmino is not injury prone in the slightest but if he's on the end of a horror tackle, Ings and Solanke leading the line for us over multiple competitions will be a cause for concern for me.
Fekir is as much a CF as anything else. More so than Firmino was when Klopp started using him there and, from what I can tell, many of the same traits and abilities.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Truth is that after Fekirs arrival Solanke (because he is our big man plan b option) is the only one with chances to make it on our bench. Think Ings will be sold. Brewster not yet signed a professional contract. Grujic will be unused even during Ox absence. Same could be for Woodburn or he leaves on loan. Wilson loan or be sold.
Just because we have a big squad to rotate doesn't mean we will let our first teamers at home at the weekend when they played in midweek.

Mané Firmino Salah
Keita Fabinho Ox

Bench: Goalkeeper, 2 defenders + 4 of (Ings), Solanke, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson.
Well did kind of answer that in the "too much text"! There's been enough reliable talk to indicate Woodburn, Grujic and Wilson will all be on loan next season. Solanke seems primed for it too which may save Ings or give Brewster more minutes.

Chewbazza

True Believer
My issue was this one was always the price. Ar £90m it is too much and we'd be better going for Pulisic or Bailey.

If the price is more realistic then I will be happier to sign him.

Therr are options for this position so whoever we end up with I think will be the right choice.

Maria

Don't think we are in for this fella after seeing we signed Fabinho. I think this fella is being used as a smokescreen to throw those people who followed our scouting report off their track while we were actually pursuing Fabinho.
Really, that is so clever of us. We are getting smarter. I have noticed in the last few years, very little gets leaked out of the club like it used to.

Phil123

Yeah, I think that's entirely possible too. If it were to happen then I suppose we'd usually see Fekir playing centrally and Lemar out wide. Would be great to have 5 top class players to choose from for the front three, with three of them capable of playing centrally in midfield. If this were to happen though, we could forget about Dembele and / or Pulisic. Just a goalie or two plus a CB, then we'd be done.
That's what looks like, but Lemar could also be a smoke screen for Pulisic or Dembele, either way I'm happy, they are all really nice players that could help us a lot

Jayus20

Seems quite childish to tag me in this but either way. I’m not really sure what you’re even saying I said to be honest. I just said I’d rather bring in a top winger alongside Fekir so we don’t have a drop in quality when we want to rest Mane or Salah. Not sure how that’s a bad thing and seems quite a reasonable suggestion to me. We’ve seen the issues we face when Salah goes off so we need another top quality option there to help rotate our wingers and give us a potential game changer off the bench! Someone like Lemar, Pulisic, Bailey, Dembele etc.

Phil123

Mané Firmino Salah
Keita Fabinho Ox

Do you think Grujic will be a part of the 1st team? Don't think so...

Am I the only one thinking that we need a backup striker? At least a capable one of scoring goals. It's just my opinion tho....

Jayus20

Do you think Grujic will be a part of the 1st team? Don't think so...

Am I the only one thinking that we need a backup striker? At least a capable one of scoring goals. It's just my opinion tho....
It depends what you deem as a back up striker because I don't think there are many players in the world who can do anywhere near what Firmino does for us but I certainly think Fekir is one of them so he does act as a sort of back up striker and could replace him midfield with Ox (when fit).

Keita Fabinho Ox
Salah Fekir Mane

Something like that.

RedSeven

On the one road
It depends what you deem as a back up striker because I don't think there are many players in the world who can do anywhere near what Firmino does for us but I certainly think Fekir is one of them so he does act as a sort of back up striker and could replace him midfield with Ox (when fit).

Keita Fabinho Ox
Salah Fekir Mane

Something like that.
I think Brewster may get some opportunities to stake a claim.He's gone next year so why even bother holding onto him now unless the idea is to give him his chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.