Thomas Lemar (LW/AM) Monaco

What will Thomas Lemar be leaning on?

• Me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on.

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Poor Phil Coutinho's walking frame

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • The club's best table, the one we get out to do all the contracts on.

Votes: 19 8.1%
  • A Lemur

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • A Llama

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Olly Murs

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Virgil Van Dijk, in a recreation of the poster from 'twins'.

Votes: 39 16.6%
  • Against the window of the club shop, cleverly obscuring a picture of Big Div

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That bit of Melwood where Ian Ayre caught Rodgers doing [REDACTED]

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Michael Edwards' big clicky, whirry computer.

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Sad Wenger

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • A pile of discarded #FSGOUT signs

Votes: 26 11.1%
  • Mascot's excited stiffy

Votes: 26 11.1%
  • No lean at all.

Votes: 30 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Think we are looking at two versatile attackers who play two or more of our front 4 positions to add to Ox and our starting front 3. We'd then maybe have the likes of Milner and Lallana and Ings and/or Solanke around as cover. One maybe more starting quality the other maybe more a cover option depending on finances. If Fekir is one and he mostly covers 8, 10 and 9 we need someone who can cover the wings but may not have a lot of money so Moses, Shaqiri and Dembele loan (depending on how real or imaginery those links are) make a bit more sense. If we don't sign Fekir and say went for Lemar he's mostly going to be left wing, 8 and 10 cover so maybe we'd need a versatile forward who could play CF and Right wing more? Interesting to see what will happen but think there's concrete talk of us looking at two options think who we land for the first will determine what we go for as the second.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Looks like Atletico getting Lemar, cant help but feel he'll end up proving a lot wrong and end up a very good player....maybe one we could've done with.
It's alright though, he can prove to everyone he is a great player, but he would have been kicking himself for not able to join the dominating club in Europe in years to come. :-)

jackh1092

We have to bid for him first i'd presume....i mean i'd imagine he'd be interested in LFC....

Personally think those that think one bad season is "dodging a bullet" are wrong, and he will be a success....we could do with him...guess it depends on how much he goes for.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Lemar's value has certainly taken a tumble. He was rumored to go for 90m+ last year, and now he's allegedly being sold for closer to 60M.

jackh1092

The 90mill was absurd and due to how late it was. Also Monaco has sold plenty already so didn’t need to..

His current price is probably still not value, but I do think we are dismissing him very quickly now, hopefully Edwards etc aren’t though.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Would make sense. 4-4-2 team. Would have to become more aggressive, but as he's a player that is still forming, he could be a quality option for them if he manages to learn that "Atletico culture" like Griezmann (who admittedly struggled at the start) did.

Would make sense. 4-4-2 team. Would have to become more aggressive, but as he's a player that is still forming, he could be a quality option for them if he manages to learn that "Atletico culture" like Griezmann (who admittedly struggled at the start) did.
Where do you see him playing in a 442?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Where he played for Monaco, on the left? Potentially an option for attacking midfield/second striker, too. We'll see if they go for another player in that role to play with Costa.

Limiescouse

It's obviously the most likely, but Simeone has often used a very compact midfield 4, typically filled consisting of 4 CMs. For instance, the LM position is where most of Koke's games have come. That's possibly just his interpretation of how to get the most out of the players he has, but it would require a change in shape and style to fit him in that way.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
It's obviously the most likely, but Simeone has often used a very compact midfield 4, typically filled consisting of 4 CMs. For instance, the LM position is where most of Koke's games have come. That's possibly just his interpretation of how to get the most out of the players he has, but it would require a change in shape and style to fit him in that way.
Not such a big change. They do often go with 4 CM's like Gabi, Partey, Saul and Koke (sometimes even trying a diamond), but sometimes put a runner on the right like Correa. Lemar did a good job for Monaco on the left in a 4-4-2. Atletico are slowly adding more flair to that team without losing much balance. Lemar should fit well, but he'll have to continue improving and show that aggression all of his new team mates usually show.

Limiescouse

Atletico are slowly adding more flair to that team without losing much balance.
I thought that about two years ago, with the additions they made, but few of those players have managed to really cut it.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
That's true, but looking at what Lemar did so far at Monaco in a similar formation (though a different way of playing, like I said, he will need to add more aggression to his game), it makes sense for Atletico.

Mark Thurgood

Just read that both Atletico and Monaco have reached an agreement for Lemar....that’s good then. Means shortly once confirmed, we can close this thread and start a new one about someone nobody has mentioned, or re-open one.

Just read that both Atletico and Monaco have reached an agreement for Lemar....that’s good then. Means shortly once confirmed, we can close this thread and start a new one about someone nobody has mentioned, or re-open one.
We already have one. Fekir's thread will be the new Villa / Silva / Quaresma thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.