• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

TIA Archive

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
With TIA closing its doors, we believe it's important that we archive threads for prosperity.

We cant do this for the entire site, we need to be selective (a 10 page thread takes 20 minutes to archive) Once we have a list, the accessible site will be freely available to anyone.

This thread is for people to post links to threads they would like archived. We will do out best to make this possible.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Quick question on what you mean by Archive.

Will we be moving the threads from TIA to the new forum?

In that case, below 2 please.
1. LFC Videos - Some many gems in this one.
2. We are the Champions - our celebrations after 30 years. Some of us will want to revisit this often and re-enjoy the happiness.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Posters are welcome to copy and paste posts to TAN and I would encourage that. :)

Bu what I mean by archive is a separate website that provides a snapshot of TIA.

Like this as an example : thisisascreenshot.000webhostapp.com

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I see that the Gini Wijnaldum thread from the Rumour Mill is not in the TAN Rumour Mill.

Do I need to restart it, or is this link enough?
Gini Wijnaldum (CM) to Barcelona

Edit: The link doesn't link to anything. What should I do?

Last edited:

Brianaldo

arrogant and sexy

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member

And re-opened.
I have unfinished business

Kopstar

★★★★★★
The Sakho thread discussing his doping ban. There is a fair amount of technical discussion in there which would be useful to keep. His libel claim against WADA is coming to its final hearing later this year so it is likely to come back under discussion in the next few months.

Maybe combine these into a single Sakho thread

rupzzz

TIA Regular
The Anfield Expansion one might be worth keeping - lots of technical planning stuff in there, as well a good reminder of what's happened.

https://forums.thisisanfield.com/th...-road-end-main-stand-completed.14836/page-154

Unfortunately, it's a bit of a beast, and has a lot of annoying picture uploads by folk that decided to try and redesign the stadium without any proper thought to the surrounding areas or communities!

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Please could we have the ex manager threads dating from the Rafa era to the current Klopp era transferred to the new home, if possible.

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
You should definitely steer away from anything I have been heavily involved in.

I think the 4-0 CL SF thread needs saving, or at least the post match one.

Post yer mug?

Maybe I will start a new one... :unsure:

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
You should definitely steer away from anything I have been heavily involved in.

I think the 4-0 CL SF thread needs saving, or at least the post match one.

Post yer mug?

Maybe I will start a new one... :unsure:
Unfortunately going to avoid the Post your mug thread. It's personally identifiable information, I would need to get permission of each poster who shared their image.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member

@Broomy at his best

all the ring of fire interviews with forum members.

And we should keep our reactions to the greatest Liverpool team performance ever

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

@Broomy at his best

And we should keep our reactions to the greatest Liverpool team performance ever
Great choices. I'd add to this the in-match thread for that game.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
@Broomy at his best

I was banned just before I was supposed to do mine :LOL: :oops:

Incognito

The Normal One
As far as my memory goes there was a Poulsen transfer out thread as well, but maybe before the crash. I recollect it being absolutely hilarious, not sure who posted these but there were two posts..

"Awesome, what are we paying for it?"

"Our eternal gratitude"

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Hall of fame and Hall of shame threads.

Also, this thread. My passion for Liverpool is at an all time low.
It is a brilliant snapshot with lots of really good contributions. Specifically, it contains the following post from @Arminius which, in my opinion, is the single greatest post in the history of the forums. He's far too modest to ask for its preservation. In my view, it ought to be required reading.

I am not quite sure where to put this post, but in the spirit that I believe Lancs posted originally, I will post it here and hope that the reactions of the community here will help me think difficult matters through.

As some of those of you here from before the forum crash last August might remember, I came to be an LFC supporter when I was a boy of 9 years, through acts of grace, kindness, and a sense of social justice from a man who happened to be a Scouser and a devout LFC fan, back in the very last days of Shankly's time. A working class man who happened to be a doorman in a building where I had moved to in London, but could look past the fact of a child of comparative privilege to also see a boy somewhat lost, somewhat alone. A decent man of modest means who was unwilling, at root, to see a boy subjected to abuse and do nothing - and saw a shared interest that became Liverpool Football Club.

I do not even know his family name, but in a very real sense, he gave me a gift. I think I learned the sense of belonging at that time. I doubt he had any idea of the significance it might have, but when I think on it now, I believe I owe a debt.

A few years ago, I met another man, a brother of a good friend. She and her brother had immigrated to Canada as children, both just under 10 years old when they left Liverpool. They practiced 'talking Canadian' together when they were kids, trying to fit in, but when they were together, even 30 years later, they were scousers, could not help themselves.

When we met, we spoke only briefly about things LFC. As a good uncle, he had other priorities when he visited. The second time we met, we had a beer together and talked about the night that was Istanbul. We made indefinite plans to watch a game together when next he visited. We talked about his other more 'Canadian' interests - he loved fishing, camping, taking a canoe into the wilderness with his dog. Unlike his sister, he had not been tremendously successful, he worked with his hands from day to day, month to month. tried to enjoy his life. He made many mistakes and poor decisions, but tried to be a decent man. Had his parents not emigrated, he probably would have taken his place on the Kop - quite possibly have taken a place at Hillsborough with some of his cousins who did not come back from that terrible day.

Not long ago, he was brutally beaten to death, his head savagely crushed by a bat, having been lured for misguided revenge. At his funeral, "You'll Never Walk Alone" was sung as a hymn, and his eight year old son was absolutely lost, the center of his world was gone.

I can scarcely say I knew him, as a man. I now know him more by the pain his passing has left than I ever did in life. I know his boy even less. But there is a symmetry here, and I feel a debt. A man I did not know did what he felt he could, and it mattered to me.

I don't really know all that I can do - the boy lives over 500 miles away. I have no direct connection, and I have a complicated life of my own with immediate demands. Perhaps over the years, chance may provide opportunities to help. What I do know I can do is simple, and perhaps not very much, but it is time for me that 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means something. If all it means is that he will grow up knowing about his father's club, about the song his family sang the day they buried his father, so be it - but this I can do. I will not let this small part of his father die away, on this I can walk in his father's place. Every Christmas, there will be a red jersey under the tree, a call to remember who his father was and that which he loved, and his own birthright.

When I think on this, it is impossible for me to say that my passion is diminishing. It has been called, and I now understand it differently. Great successes like Istanbul will make it burn hot, and recent years have been frustrating to see, I too yearn for the fortunes of LFC to be restored. But in the end, regardless of petulant millionaires, regardless of the struggles we might see, I hearken back to the sense of belonging. It is irrational, perhaps even indefensible. But I have to believe, I choose to believe in that sense - "You'll Never Walk Alone"

PaulRoJo

League thirst since 1990? Temporarily quenched!
Hall of fame and Hall of shame threads.

Also, this thread. My passion for Liverpool is at an all time low.
It is a brilliant snapshot with lots of really good contributions. Specifically, it contains the following post from @Arminius which, in my opinion, is the single greatest post in the history of the forums. He's far too modest to ask for its preservation. In my view, it ought to be required reading.
You are so right Kopstar, thanks I never saw this! Would be great to archive this and the thread around it!