TIA - Player of the season 2018/2019

TIA Player of the season 2018/19

• TAA (our best full-back since Finnan, with so much potential for better things to come)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho (has made the sitting position his own now, definitely)

• Firmino (the man who makes it happen in attack)

• Matip (not bad from our fourth choice defender)

• Milner (the dependable maid for every task at hand, numerous assists and goals)

• Keita (difficult start, getting better and better)

• Shaqiri (double against the red mancs)

• Sturridge (miracle goal at Chelsea in the last minute)

• Origi (miracle goal against Everton in the last second)

• Lallana (nice haircut)

• Total voters

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Wijnaldum has been our best player imo, closely followed by Robertson. Both have been truly outstanding. Van Dijk, Becker, Gomez, Mane have also been brilliant. Fabinho is now impressing. Impossible to say who the best has been really, you could make arguments for half a dozen of our magnificent men.

As much as Virgil is the man and our most important player, nobody has been better than Gini imo. Thinking about it, up until his injury you could make an argument for Gomez, he was playing awesome football wasn't he?
Robbo got my vote, but Gomez was my early season fave, however we all know how good VVD is

Imgoingred

TIA Reserve Team
Far too early to be voting. VVD was a shoe in before our blip and hasn't stood out as much as of late. Gini continues to have great games, as does Robbo. Fabinho could continue his trajectory and become one of the first names on the team sheet. Mo could possibly go on to score a goal a game and finish with 35 goals and 15 assists for the season. Would be a tough choice... One I'd like the luxury of making.

Commando

I went for Virg. Although there are many in the squad who have had really great seasons. Allison, Trent, Robbo, Sadio, Bobby and Mo have produced some exciting displays throughout the season. Milly has just been Milly. He does what it says on the tin (or Ribena bottle in his case). Fab and Nabby are now finding their feet and could produce something game changing or game winning in the run in. Big Div deserves it just for the 96th minute winner in some game or other. I went for Virg though as I believe he has made the difference between us being a good team and us being a title contending, regular CL semi participating team. It's nice that we have so many options to choose from.

GermanRed

Last time a CB won ballon d'Or - Fabio Cannavaro in 2006. With VvD i have the feeling that he might be able to win it in the next 2-3 years - maybe this year if we win the double.

The influence he has on this team can’t be described.

Think we would still be fighting for the Top4 if we would have signed any other CB in the world.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
tough call on the player of the year, for me its either...

Mo Salah, who hasnt hit the same heights as last year, but still has 21 goal and 10 assists in all competitions (transfermarket),

VVD, who marshals our defence which has only conceded 20 goal in the league to date,

Robbo, 11 assists in all competitions and he's Scottish!

I nominate Mo Van Robertson, let all 3 share it!

I would have also nominated Fabinho, but he wasnt played as much as others unfortunately.

Outside bet, Sadio Mane?

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Really really tough.
I would go with Alisson, VVD, Robbo, TAA, Mane, Mo and Bobby for first pot. They have been consistent thru' the season so far.

And Gomez, Fabinho, Wij, Hendo and Milner as pot 2. They have been playing top top class - but not consistent thru' the season due to various reasons.

And consolation prices to Shaq, Origi and Matip and Keita for they have done something right but only here and there.

Lovren, Ox, Lallana, DS, Mignolet, Clyne and Moreno have done nothing much this year due to various reasons.

PS - of the last set, Ox, Mignolet and Lovren can be persisted with. Clyne, Moreno, Lallana and DS need to be replaced.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
I finally went with Robertson. But some how feel guilty that I didn't choose VVD or Alisson or TAA or Mane or Mo or Bobby from my pot1. :indifferent:
To quote @Red Submarine, "I couldn't not vote for Robbo". I absolutely love him. Just as much as @Alright Now loves Bobby.

Commando

Sitting here thinking about all the options for POTY and realising how spoiled we've been for fantastic moments throughout the season. Some players (VvD, Mo, Sadio, Bobby) have provided many highs along the season's road so far. But think about Big Div in the Derby, Shaq versus Man U or Studge's equaliser at the bridge. Gini's goal against Burnley? Just for the impact it had on Richard Keys. I would love to give a vote to the whole team and coaches (John Achterberg's pants pissing celebration).

So many reasons to love our team.

COYR YNWA

Anfield rd Dreamer

We've got the best GK in the league. Best CB in the world. Best pair of starting full backs around. Some of the best CMs around. In my eyes one of the top 3 starting attacks out there and we lost the best young CB in the league to an unfortunate injury. We are an absolutely cracking side who can put together a starting 11 as good, or better, as anyone. When we have the world's best CB showing such authority, form and reliability it says everything about the rest of our squad that there are other people that have been voted for.

Nur der BvB09

its easy to Play lotto and get 6 Right then thislol
imo Players from our teamwhich can Play for every other power house in the world:
Alisson B; VVD; Andy R; TAA; Fabinho; Mr Reliabel Milli and captain Hendo; Keita;
the front three of us belong to a parallel universe

Flobs

FADA
Mané the all rounder this season so far. You can't win if you can't score but you still need to defend and Mané has set the example for both. Keeping us ticking over on the goal front and making sacrifical efforts everywhere else.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Sorry not feeling the Becker love. He's been an upgrade sure but his special saves earlier in the season have to be balanced against mistakes and looking slightly nervy of late. VVD has even been made to look bad by him a couple of times FFS.

In order of who'd get my vote(s):
Top 3: VVD clear favourite; Robbo also deserving. Mane forward of the season and his goals have kept us in it lately.
Best of rest: Gini; Millie and TAA very solid. Bobby has shown flashes of brilliance. Ditto Fabinho. Then Mo; Becker. Behind these guys are those with cameos of awesome: JoeGo clear first and would probably make the top 3 a top 4 if stayed fit; Origi; Hendo; Shaq; Matip; Keita.