• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

TIA - Player of the season 2018/2019

TIA Player of the season 2018/19

• TAA (our best full-back since Finnan, with so much potential for better things to come)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho (has made the sitting position his own now, definitely)

• Firmino (the man who makes it happen in attack)

• Matip (not bad from our fourth choice defender)

• Milner (the dependable maid for every task at hand, numerous assists and goals)

• Keita (difficult start, getting better and better)

• Shaqiri (double against the red mancs)

• Sturridge (miracle goal at Chelsea in the last minute)

• Origi (miracle goal against Everton in the last second)

• Lallana (nice haircut)

• Total voters

[email protected]

Sorry not feeling the Becker love. He's been an upgrade sure but his special saves earlier in the season have to be balanced against mistakes and looking slightly nervy of late. VVD has even been made to look bad by him a couple of times FFS.

In order of who'd get my vote(s):
Top 3: VVD clear favourite; Robbo also deserving. Mane forward of the season and his goals have kept us in it lately.
Best of rest: Gini; Millie and TAA very solid. Bobby has shown flashes of brilliance. Ditto Fabinho. Then Mo; Becker. Behind these guys are those with cameos of awesome: JoeGo clear first and would probably make the top 3 a top 4 if stayed fit; Origi; Hendo; Shaq; Matip; Keita.
Are u shure??!!

FGred

The whole system of nominations and award system is not balanced or fair, how can you leave Mo Salah, Bobby Firmino and KDB? There should be 12 nominees for both the PFA and the sports writers awards. Leaving out Salah who won it last year is ludicrous unless he was injured all year or missed half the season due to injury? Can you imagine Messi being left out in La Liga for not scoring as many as the previous year?
They should also wait until the end of the season to start the voting.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
The whole system of nominations and award system is not balanced or fair, how can you leave Mo Salah, Bobby Firmino and KDB? There should be 12 nominees for both the PFA and the sports writers awards. Leaving out Salah who won it last year is ludicrous unless he was injured all year or missed half the season due to injury? Can you imagine Messi being left out in La Liga for not scoring as many as the previous year?
They should also wait until the end of the season to start the voting.
I also find it ironic Salah not making it for having an "underwhelming" season but he'll potentially still get the golden boot, whilst mostly playing as a right winger, whilst an out an out CF makes the list but may not score as many as him despite having one of his best seasons.

Nur der BvB09

Sterling would be my first choice just because of his GREAT character he s shone against all the racial abuses and as a Player he sdone great against the other Teams exept US!
But because it is a matter of Football only i ll go with Mane all day and night Long. VvD is unique but mane is out of this world imo!
He is my hero this year !

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
One way to look at it is if you were to put together a side from every player on the planet then what side would you put out there?

As a passionate red I think a few LFC players may sneak in but the only one I know would definitely make it in nearly every side selected would be VvD.

Dpart

I would like it to be possible for the whole first team squad to be player of the season because it is the collective strength over 90+ minutes that has achieved this season. Take Divock Origi for example, he has only played for the equivalent of four whole games plus seven minutes of injury time but his three goals in two games have been vital.To achieve that he has kept fit, keen and wholehearted, he will never be my favourite player but I have a lot of admiration for him. That theme runs through the whole squad and I think perhaps we could recognise that.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Still not decided on that one. There are so many options to chose from! :)