• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Tickets information

Thane7

YNWA
Hey guys, i wanted to know how can i buy or book tickets online without be a member. You see i don't live in Liverpool so its hard for me to come there and buy tickets. I was trying in the official website but it says that i have to be a member. This can't be the only way, can it?

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Hey guys, i wanted to know how can i buy or book tickets online without be a member. You see i don't live in Liverpool so its hard for me to come there and buy tickets. I was trying in the official website but it says that i have to be a member. This can't be the only way, can it?
For the vast majority of games, then yes.
If you want tickets bad enough, buy a membership.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
You can get a light membership for like 20 odd quid.

Considering tickets are generally double that (for league games anyway) I don't see why you wouldn't just buy one.

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
Buy a light membership, or get tickets for the various games that go on general sale (must have been 4 already this season).

rupzzz

TIA Regular
What's the script for picking up away match day tickets?

I live in Winchester these days so am near Southampton. We play at Saint Marys on Sat 16th March (3pm). Want to ideally have 2 tickets for it, and obviously in the away end. All else fails I know a few season ticket holders so might be able to beg for a seat in the home end, but not ideal as I struggle to keep my mouth shut during matches. Nearly got into the sht at St.James Park one year sitting in the home end!

rupzzz

TIA Regular
This http://www.liverpool...est-ticket-news should give you a rough idea.
Basically, unless you have a ST and attended X amount of aways last season, then forget it.
I take it away tickets never make it to general sale then?

I wonder if any of my Soton mates with STs can get some.

Also, are there any ST holders on here that don't want to attend the Soton game and would be willing to get me a couple - would obv pay full price and postage of tickets etc etc!

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
I take it away tickets never make it to general sale then?......................No, although Blackburn away did go on general a couple of seasons ago.

I wonder if any of my Soton mates with STs can get some....................No

Also, are there any ST holders on here that don't want to attend the Soton game and would be willing to get me a couple - would obv pay full price and postage of tickets etc etc!.....................Doubt it.

kylel39

Never bite the hand that feed's you.......Luis
You can then buy tickets when the members sale is open at specifics dates. Tickets for games in the second half of the season (post Christmas) will be released in November at some point in one bulk batch.

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
Thane7, all the information you require is on the LFC website. Could I suggest that instead of asking questions on TIA you go to the LFC website where you will find answers to all of your questions. :)

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
All the talk this morning is about what a shit house of a club Chelsea are, well we're not far behind.
As if the ticket selling arrangements for home league games wasn't bad enough, expecting working class families to fork out up to £900 in one go, the selling arrangements for Udinese away are a fucking joke.

Just tried more than a dozen times to get through on the phone line before finally getting in the queue.
After 45 minutes in the queue, got through to an operator and was immediately cut off.

Why is this game not available for online purchases?
Because it's just another fucking rip off money making scam by our shit house of a club who are increasingly showing they dont give a fuck about the fans.

Lucas

I got my first tickets for Young Boys through phoning the Ticket Office. I wanted to get myself a ticket, and 2 for mates, which i tried online. It's such a horrific pain, they wanted me to sign up, then link my account with my friends etc etc and it still didn't work. Just give the Ticket Office a ring from 8:45-4ish on a weekday i think, you get to talk to a real person without getting mad at a computer screen!

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
key thing to remember is you need to buy your membership more than 24 hours prior to buying your tickets...

Incognito

The Normal One
The only legitimate way is club membership. This gives you an opportunity to try to buy tickets although it doesn't guarantee you'll actually get one. There are 2 bulk membership sales each year. One in July for the first half of the season and the second in November for the second half. The second bulk sale is actually this week (Thursday for those with no credits). I don't know when the cut-off is for you to be eligible if you decided to join now. Worth checking the website.

If you miss out on the bulk sales then there is another opportunity to get a ticket about 2 weeks before the match in the late sales. After that tickets pop up randomly on the site between then and the day of the game. These later tickets are returns from other members, season ticket holders, unsold hospitality etc. To see any of the big 6 teams (and Everton) you need 4 credits from the previous season.

Demand outstrips supply enormously so getting any tickets through the bulk sales requires a huge slice of luck. You basically need to be at the front of a very big online queue. Getting tickets from late sales also requires luck, plus a knowledge of how the system works and when tickets are likely to come up, extreme dedication, a lot of spare time and fast reflexes as tickets are literally up on screen for just a few seconds before they are sold. In short, it is the absolute nightmare you've read about.
Quoting from city thread.

Just wanted to understand @Billy Biskix for someone like me who is bound to travel all the way from India just to catch a game, leaving it late is not an option. Ideally I would book the flight tickets after I know I have a confirmed ticket for the game. And that too 2-3 months in advance, at least, to get the visas and stuff sorted.

In such a scenario what option do I have? This season is impossible I know, but would like to travel for atleast one game next season.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Quoting from city thread.

Just wanted to understand @Billy Biskix for someone like me who is bound to travel all the way from India just to catch a game, leaving it late is not an option. Ideally I would book the flight tickets after I know I have a confirmed ticket for the game. And that too 2-3 months in advance, at least, to get the visas and stuff sorted.

In such a scenario what option do I have? This season is impossible I know, but would like to travel for atleast one game next season.
One option is to become a member and try your luck in the bulk sales. Membership starts at £27. The bulk sales cover games over the next 5 months or so. There are 2 bulk sales each season. The other, more reliable, option is hospitality. You can buy these tickets months in advance. They usually start at around £300 for the lower profile games. Much higher for the Big 6 games of course.

If it's a once in a lifetime trip then hospitality is your best bet. You get your tickets months in advance and although it is expensive you can potentially then save money on flight/hotel costs etc as you have time to shop around. There are various internet ticket resale sites out there that sell Liverpool tickets but I have never used them so can't comment on their legitimacy or reliability.

Odd seeing this thread again after all these years with people talking about league games going on general sale and that was at a capacity of just 44,000! Would never happen now. Not even close.

GTA_G20

FirminoFan
I’m so confused. I live in Canada and wanted to see a game at Anfield. I assumed I’d just be able to go online and purchase one.

so I’m correct. I must be a paying member to even have a chance?

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
I’m so confused. I live in Canada and wanted to see a game at Anfield. I assumed I’d just be able to go online and purchase one.

so I’m correct. I must be a paying member to even have a chance?
Not even as simple as that.
For most games, you need to be a paying member, with attendance at a set amount of games from the previous season.
And if that wasn't bad enough, you need to try and get logged in to purchase, at the same times as thousands of others who qualify, and more thousands who dont but clog the system anyway.