• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

TIME MACHINE: WHO WOULD YOU BRING BACK...

who is your SECOND CHOICE to bring back from this list (select 2)

• Dirk Kuyt

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Sterling

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Mascherano

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Coutinho

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Suarez

Votes: 35 52.2%
  • Torres

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Fowler

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • team of Carraghers

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sammy Hyppia

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Milan Barros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy Carrol

• Peter crouch

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • danny murphy

• Michael Owen

• steve Finnan

• xabi alonso

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • pepe reina

• skrtel

• HONORABLE MENTIONS: lUIS GARCIA, emre can, Sakho, Riise, Hamman, Smicer, Kewell

• Total voters

Kopstar

★★★★★★
What if our time machine could have taken one of our current players in the just missed teams of BR and Rafa? VVD maybe indisputable choice but Rafa's team defence was strong. Maybe VVD for BR team and Mane for Rafa?
Yes to both of those suggestions. Although, equally if we changed Rodgers for Klopp that would probably have done it as well for 13/14. Adding Salah to the 08/09 team would be an equally good alternative to Mané, imo.

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
King Kenny

I am appalled that he is not on your list.
the time machine only works in this century, king kenny is from last century, please go back and read the first post in this thread.
now that you're sorted, go get your photo with all 4 trophies from our 2020 campaign, i'm across the pond so I have to make a special trip for that.

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
Dirk and Sami. Sorry, Carra! :(
wow those are my picks, r u a mindreader? i mean dirk was beast every minute of every game, what a heart, and Sammi is still my fav center back of this century, i figure eventually VVD would replace him as my fav but he's got to a log way to go to reach that living lengend Sammi (i met Hyppia in nYC last summer when LIverpool toured the usa, he was one of the 4 legends they brought along and he came for pint to the ooficial supporters bar, he signed a scarf and took a picture)

Hyppia and I

Last edited:

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Yes to both of those suggestions. Although, equally if we changed Rodgers for Klopp that would probably have done it as well for 13/14. Adding Salah to the 08/09 team would be an equally good alternative to Mané, imo.
Adding either to 2008/09 team in Riera's place probably wins Liverpool the title that season.

wow those are my picks, r u a mindreader?
I picked Sami and Dirk simply because I was desperate for them to win the league title with Liverpool, even more than Carra or Riise. :) That said, I could imagine Riise tattooing no. 19 on his forehead had he been a part of last night's squad, haha!

iftikhar

[QUOTEThat said, I could imagine Riise tattooing no. 19 on his forehead had he been a part of last night's squad, haha!
[/QUOTE]
Daniel Agger would have done that too.

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
If we bring that player back, I hope he still has a version of him playing in that team. Can't imagine a team without Stevie in the 2000s! o_O
please go back and read the first post in this thread and you'll be sorted regarding stevie not being in this list!

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
Drik and Xavi. Drik complements Klopp's philosophy so well and he can fit in anywhere across the front three. Xavi is the one currently missing in our midfield.
WHO IS DRIK? Don't remember seeing that name on any of our rosters this century. :D:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL:

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Probably not the place but I seem to have a slightly different memory of Xabi than some of you.

Incognito

The Normal One
please go back and read the first post in this thread and you'll be sorted regarding stevie not being in this list!
Have read it. My point was whatever player we are bringing in, is there a void in that place for that player? And Stevie is a sure shot pick, so the 2005-2014 teams will not have Stevie in it. Which would be madness.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Sterling.....Murphy......really?
Baros? Anyone, Baros? Andy Carol, perhaps? :LOL: :LOL:

Probably not the place but I seem to have a slightly different memory of Xabi than some of you.
Agreed...

He's a classy player and classier individual, but was a reason we wanted to switch him for Gareth Barry lol.

Also, our current midfield is all graft, chase, and close down. I remember Xabi being particularly 'energetic' for a lack of a better term to use when out of possession. Didn't he say something like tackling is last resort, and something that needs to happen when you fail elsewhere? Mangled that terribly, but you get the sentiment. I think Mascherano would work better in our current set up for choice of mids.

But the answer is obviously Suarez. My god having him chase defenders about with our press would be something to watch.

redaderry

When i read the thread title, i was thinking John Lennnon or Steve McQueen, or maybe Tom Crean.
Anyway, the player would have to be Suarez for sure. He was an absolute freak of nature in the EPL.

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
SO at this point Suarez is in the lead for 53% of votes with Xabi LAonso a distant second at 40%
LETS GET SOME MORE VOTES IN